Johnny's clothes duplication

+
So far i got his pants, tank top & aviators & when i upgraded all of them from blue to purple to orange aka rare to epic to legendary i was left with the previous rarity one & gained a new item in simple terms it wasn't an upgrade it was a newly crafted item so i can technically craft either of the 3 rarities infinitely cuz none disappear after the "upgrade" also the worst part about this is you can't sell nor disassemble johnny's items so you're stuck with them in your inventory or stash :/

I think that is why it dupes. They can't be broken down. So it doesn't allow consumption of the item when upgrading. It passes the check, generates the item, and you are good to go.

Most logical indeed or perhaps intended to be so, since i crafted a few of each to test something which was if you can get any mod slots or different amount on all pieces & i got up to 3 slots on all except glasses only 2 slots on those, but it's random constantly, so perhaps it's intended to be "re-craftable" not only upgradeable, but still would have to allow us to disassemble it, though the 1st one is more logical considering it requires the previous rarity to craft the higher one. (which kinda sucks since if you get a shit RNG you can end up with 0-1 mod slots while some could end up with up to 3 (perhaps even 4 i didnt test that much to see if 4 is possible))

I would consider this a big, came to post the same information. Worse, since they can't be dropped/moved to your stash, they weigh you down. If you craft the pants, for example, from blue to purple to orange, you now have three pairs of pants weighing in at 2.1 pounds in your inventory.

I understand the reasoning behind protecting the item to prevent players from accidentally screwing themselves, but there definitely needs to be a way to get rid of the duplicates. In order to save space, I resorted to 'Save Scumming' saving before I craft the legendary version, and then craft, check to see if it has max enhancement slots, if not, reload, repeat, until I get max slots but only one item so I don't bloat the inventory with 'junk'.

Pants no Pants.jpg

I understand the reasoning behind protecting the item to prevent players from accidentally screwing themselves, but there definitely needs to be a way to get rid of the duplicates.

This is currently the biggest problem with crafted iconic weapons. Once you craft a Legendary iconic, it CONSUMES the Rare or Epic version, which means you can never craft the Legendary again. For example, I crafted my legendary overwatch at 26, which set it at 630dps. Now I'm at 50, and the legendary schematic says it would be a whopping 1690dps if I crafted it at max level, so I'm stuck with a shitty underpowered version that can't be recrafted. I feel like the retention of the old version makes sense as per Johnny's stuff so you can re-craft the Legendary at level 50, but the fact that you can't disassemble extras makes no sense for inventory and save file bloat.

The devil's advocate here is "well you can still upgrade Legendary iconics after you craft them". The cost to upgrade from a very low level to max is absolutely bonkers. I've upgraded mine three times, which is a hell of a lot of resources, and it only gained me 40-60 dps.. something needs to change here. Either re-tune the upgrading or allow the player to re-acquire common blueprints to craft back up at max level..

Last edited:
This is currently the biggest problem with crafted iconic weapons. Once you craft a Legendary iconic, it CONSUMES the Rare or Epic version, which means you can never craft the Legendary again.

OR

Like Buzzsaw and others, it gives you a recipe to craft a green or blue version that has no material requirements of a prior Buzzsaw, but Epic and Legendary versions require the prior version. This satisfies everyone and makes the most sense.

My concern though is none of them shuold be flagged 'essential' so that you can't drop or disassemble them. For the reasons stated above.

you can just upgrade the item to re-level it

Did you see his note?

The devil's advocate here is "well you can still upgrade Legendary iconics after you craft them". The cost to upgrade from a very low level to max is absolutely bonkers. I've upgraded mine three times, which is a hell of a lot of resources, and it only gained me 40-60 dps.. something needs to change here. Either re-tune the upgrading or allow the player to re-acquire common blueprints to craft back up at max level..

Top Bottom