Roadmap?

+
Relegate 2077 to multiplayer and go back to work on TW4. And I'm not joking, I think there's a decent chance this happens.
I hope they won't move onto the next witcher title before they fix this game. I'll be real sad if they butcher my most favourite IP too in the future.

Once they have our money we can't expect much sadly..
Im sure they are focus on fixing console version to put in back on playstation..

We need information, we need a clear roadmap for the game, beyond hearing that they are going to make it work better. With the topics to be discussed / improved / implemented and with credible deadlines.

Otherwise CDPR will have lost all credibility for future games.

I'm hoping they won't, because in the IT business (and probably many others) roadmaps are not equal to promises set in stone. And most gamers will actually interpret any released roadmap as promises set in stone. I'm perfectly fine with "we'll release frequent patches for all systems, with bigger patches coming in January and February", as they have already said.

By the way, there's already a thread on this topic here!

From three days ago:

It's basically a generalization of how they're dealing with the fallout of the launch. But I found this comment to be quite promising:

We’re in a situation which wasn’t been planned, and we’ll have to reassess where we are, and that’s the plan for January. So now we are managing the situation of the single-player, we are working on patches and communication, and to refocus on gamers.

I find it promising because it indicates they may have taken a lot of the initial criticism to heart. And while I generally agree that they should keep any concrete plans close to the vest for now, they should NOT cut the community off entirely. Because even generalized information such as the above can indicate to the fanbase that they ARE listening, and more importantly, taking that feedback seriously.

For me, barely 3 weeks out from launch (in the middle of a major holiday season), I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, and an opportunity to repair the self-inflicted reputational damage caused by this release. So I'm basically in "wait and see" mode..... for now.

Why make promises that they aren't sure they can keep? So people can complain harder?

Ask again after the game is back in the Sony store.

they said DLC 2021 and Xbox Series X and PS5 versions

MP 2022

frankly i doubt even CDPR knows the roadmap at this point.

From three days ago:

It's basically a generalization of how they're dealing with the fallout of the launch. But I found this comment to be quite promising:

I find it promising because it indicates they may have taken a lot of the initial criticism to heart. And while I generally agree that they should keep any concrete plans close to the vest for now, they should NOT cut the community off entirely. Because even generalized information such as the above can indicate to the fanbase that they ARE listening, and more importantly, taking that feedback seriously.

For me, barely 3 weeks out from launch (in the middle of a major holiday season), I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, and an opportunity to repair the self-inflicted reputational damage caused by this release. So I'm basically in "wait and see" mode..... for now.
Yeah that does sound promising. At least they aknowledge that they cannot just go on like the game would be fine.

We need information, we need a clear roadmap for the game, beyond hearing that they are going to make it work better. With the topics to be discussed / improved / implemented and with credible deadlines.

Otherwise CDPR will have lost all credibility for future games.

I completely disagree they should do the exact opposite and STOP communicating completely.

In my view they have nothing to prove to anyone and they certainly don't have to ask the customer permission or put any decision up to a debate again some will disagree but that just leads to my Karen comment in an earlier post.

Also from my personal observations Although it does happen in north America to a certain extent It seems that in the Non-North America side of the world some people like to champion the "Karen" aspect of "consumer rights" to a absurd extreme and expect everything to turn out to be a 10/10 game. (W3 has a 9.4 user score) when in reality not everything comes out perfect or as planned.

Personally If I was them I would NEVER share as much about upcoming titles like they have with cp EVER again.

based on a segment of some members of the communities reaction that is being displayed. I personally think is overreactive.

It was a mistake as you can see by the way people have reacted to missing content. Its fine saying working on this title and that title we will share more with you once we have set a firm release date .

And then don't say ANYTHING about the game until you are sure of the release date and content. ( ideally just before it goes gold)

really if they had done that all the "missing" thread would not exist because people who never know what is "missing"

and there would not be anything "misleading" as everything advertised would be in the game if they didn't start advertising till close to gold.

We need a roadmap in which they clarify what they are going to do with the game and how many of the things they have promised over the years they are going to implement. We do not need a roadmap Star Citizen style, which changes according to the day, but something realistic to know what to expect.

No need for a roadmap, just response explaining ( not even with details ) what is going to change with these apparently big fixes on January and February. Honestly, I couldn't care less but this silence is embarassing.

I completely disagree they should do the exact opposite and STOP communicating completely.

In my view they have nothing to prove to anyone and they certainly don't have to ask the customer permission or put any decision up to a debate again some will disagree but that just leads to my Karen comment in an earlier post.

Personally If I was them I would NEVER share as much about upcoming titles like they have with cp EVER again.

based on a segment of some members of the communities reaction that is being displayed. I personally think is overreactive.

It was a mistake as you can see by the way people have reacted to missing content. Its fine saying working on this title and that title we will share more with you once we have set a firm release date .

And then don't say ANYTHING about the game until you are sure of the release date and content. ( ideally just before it goes gold)

really if they had done that all the "missing" thread would not exist because people who never know what is "missing"

and there would not be anything "misleading" as everything advertised would be in the game if they didn't start advertising till close to gold.
The time to play their cards close to their chest was before release, not after everyone bought in. there's a big difference between being transparent about what you hope to address and throwing coal on the hype train which is what they had been doing. If I see a sentence mentioning an issue I have that's all I need, I can throw the game on the backburner and come back to it in a year or so, content that they are at least looking to address it.

The time to play their cards close to their chest was before release, not after everyone bought in. there's a big difference between being transparent about what you hope to address and throwing coal on the hype train which is what they had been doing. If I see a sentence mentioning an issue I have that's all I need, I can throw the game on the backburner and come back to it in a year or so, content that they are at least looking to address it.

I don't agree.

I think people are stuck on what could have been not "what is" " Advertising trailers and other media" Development changes. Some people cant accept that and are salty. I still think its better the devs say nothing at all. I think all the rage over "missing features , hype advertising etc. is all an overreactions.

Yes the game is up to W3 standards but We are still only talking about a $60 video game not life an death and is getting above average reviews ( 7-8 ratings) ( I gave it a 6.5 in a review I posted here earlier) so its not like the game is a complete failure. ( wait for it ... "but consoles. ")

I also have no sympathy for people who took a risk pre ordering or buying day one and are disappointed. If having a "perfect game that was advertised" was soo vitally important to them they should not have bought the game till they had a change to review everything once it was out. Its a simply case of them not doing their Due diligence.

Last edited:
They don't even need to give a detailed road map. Just let us know they plan on doing more with the base game beyond bug and performance fixes. They can be as vague as "In the coming months, we intend on addressing many of your complaints/issues with the game." or even just a simple "We plan on working on the game to bring it closer to the initial vision that both we and you the players had in mind."

Don't need to get into specifics, just let us KNOW for a fact that these things are being looked at worked on.

They released a roadmap yesterday! Glad CDPR gets it :)
Err... no :) Their newsletter was more of "there is a road" :)

The information the posted, was that there will be version 1.1 and 1.2 in the next couple of months, after which they will focusing on free/non-free DLC and expansions. There are no specifics attached to those. A roadmap would include actual features (improvements of UI, balance fixes, new quests, cosmetics - content in general) attached to specific versions.

Err... no :) Their newsletter was more of "there is a road" :)

The information the posted, was that there will be version 1.1 and 1.2 in the next couple of months, after which they will focusing on free/non-free DLC and expansions. There are no specifics attached to those. A roadmap would include actual features (improvements of UI, balance fixes, new quests, cosmetics - content in general) attached to specific versions.

It doesn't need specifics for it to be a roadmap, this is a roadmap.

Top Bottom