Please don't hide mini map when changing zones or getting messages

+
This is driving me crazy. I find myself driving everywhere rather then taking the fast travel just because how amazing the world is. Unfortunately the minimap will disappear for every message, quest update, zone change, and event you drive by. Imagine trying to travel across the city and your gps just shuts off for periods of time. Absolutely frustrating as I might miss a high way/ramp I need to take causing me to stop and wait for the map to responded with directions. I wouldn't mind if the route was highlighted like in the witcher so I can still see where I am going. Please please fix this.

Edit: Please note that after reading the below comments the reason the map is disappearing is due to the screen resolution. I play on 5120x1440p.

Last edited:
Same for me (on 5120x1440.). Super frustrating!

As noone has mentioned this: It also impacts the mission summary text under the map. So you can't see what you're supposed to do while looting, etc.

5760x1080p Resolution here and yes, it's an absolute problem.

Seriously would be a really easy fix in the code for the next patch.

Also make the mini map larger and zoomable. Driving is hilariously atrocious as everybody has said.

Same here... Minimap comes and goeas all the time... Also resizing of the UI for ultra wide monitors would be great. Playin in 5120x1440 means you have to turn your head to see the minimap for example.

You know what else I hate when getting messages, when they disable my cybermods and I can no longer double jump

I found a workaround.

You have to launch the game while the ingame resolution is previously set to any 4:3 or 16:10 resolution equal or less than 1920x1200 (borderless window).

1. Switch ingame resolution to 1920x1200 borderless window (for example). Exit the game.
  2. Launch the game. In the title screen switch back to 5120x1440 (fullscreen or borderless).
  3. Play. The minimap will not disappear anymore.
The workaround works only for a single session. You have to switch back to 1920x1200 (borderless window) before exiting the game, to be able to trick it next launch.

Last edited:
This is driving me crazy. I find myself driving everywhere rather then taking the fast travel just because how amazing the world is. Unfortunately the minimap will disappear for every message, quest update, zone change, and event you drive by. Imagine trying to travel across the city and your gps just shuts off for periods of time. Absolutely frustrating as I might miss a high way/ramp I need to take causing me to stop and wait for the map to responded with directions. I wouldn't mind if the route was highlighted like in the witcher so I can still see where I am going. Please please fix this.

Edit: Please note that after reading the below comments the reason the map is disappearing is due to the screen resolution. I play on 5120x1440p.

Exactly same issue on 5120x1440. This is really frustrating. I also prefer using a car instead of fast travel. The problem is, minimap disappears each time anything appears on the left side.

Am I the only one who wishes the minimap would scale with how fast you're going? I miss so many turns because I can't see very far ahead of me. I really want to drive everywhere and enjoy the city, but unfortunately most of my crashes come from driving around as well.

I have a temporary fix.

You have to launch the game while the ingame resolution is previously set to any 4:3 or 16:10 resolution equal or less than 1920x1200 (borderless window).

1. Switch ingame resolution to 1920x1200 borderless window (for example). Exit the game.
  2. Launch the game. In the title screen switch back to 5120x1440 (fullscreen or borderless).
  3. Play. The minimap will not disappear anymore.
The workaround works only for a single session. You have to switch back to 1920x1200 (borderless window) before exiting the game, to be able to trick it next launch.

OMG testing this immediately! Thanks for finding and posting the workaround

OMG testing this immediately! Thanks for finding and posting the workaround

Made an account just for this. I can't seem to change the resolution options in game. Using Steam.

Attachments

• Rez_Settings.png
    Rez_Settings.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 138
Made an account just for this. I can't seem to change the resolution options in game. Using Steam.
1. You can use a regular window 1920x1200 mode instead of the borderless. That works too.
2. Or change the desktop scaling mode to "by display" in Nvidia/AMD control panel. You will be able to change the resolution of the borderless window ingame.
desktop scaling.jpg

Last edited:
1. You can use a regular window 1920x1200 mode instead of the borderless. That works too.
2. Or change the desktop scaling mode to "by display" in Nvidia/AMD control panel. You will be able to change the resolution of the borderless window ingame.View attachment 11128247View attachment 11128247

It ended up being a Windows 10 issue. I went into my device manager, clicked on my display driver, and did an update through Windows instead of AMD's Software. I also uninstalled the Radeon Software and reinstalled it. Seems to allow me to change it now.

@Kycoook's reply seems to have worked!!

Top Bottom