They did Evelyn Dirty [Spoilers]

+
i didnt like when Jackie or Evelyn died...
and thats what makes the game so good.

you have fealings for some of the NPCs..

when the credits roll at the end.. and all your "friends" call you.. man i had tears running

btw.. did anyone find the corpse or soemthing else from T-Bug?

I strongly suspect a lot of dialogue/story with Evelyn was cut, sticking her in a never-ending comatose state saved them having to record new dialogue lines. The result is that her character arch comes to an unsatisfying and abrupt halt.

This is pretty much the way I feel about everything in the game that has an abrupt or unsatisfying conclusion, probably a cut/rushed rework of content.

Weird man... cause i could swear that in the 48 minute demo jonny dies in 2076 but all well... i must be wrong...

And the whole game has always been about him being stuck in your head. That seems to have been the original proposal.

It's just they had him die more dramatically 50 years ago.

I strongly suspect a lot of dialogue/story with Evelyn was cut, sticking her in a never-ending comatose state saved them having to record new dialogue lines. The result is that her character arch comes to an unsatisfying and abrupt halt.

This is pretty much the way I feel about everything in the game that has an abrupt or unsatisfying conclusion, probably a cut/rushed rework of content.

Eh, I don't think that's likely because Evelyn has an entire quest chain about rescuing her that leads directly to Judy's quest chain to try to take over Clouds. Her suffering a horrible death and you being unable to save her doesn't feel rushed because it colors a massive portion of the game's subsequent plot and sidequests. It's just a crappy artistic decision.

She is like Molly (Neuromancer) without the capacity to fight for herself.
1609435956053.png

it colors a massive portion of the game's subsequent plot and sidequests. It's just a crappy artistic decision.

i fully agree with the 1st.. but dissagree with the 2nd
i thought it was so sad that Evelyn did a suicide
and i realy whanted to smash the voodoboys (even if you have to make a deal with Netwatch) and it was satisfying when Jody killed Woodman
And because it was satisfying for me, i think its a relay good story arc

I just can't figure out why Evelyn is suggesting that I betray Dexter? Why did the CDPR give us a choice? It doesn't change anything at all! Why give such an illusion? What would upset the players and drive them into depression even more?

I think Evelyn and Jackie's deaths were paramount to turning points in both V and Judy's lives. While it's a tragedy those characters died in the story, their deaths did serve a purpose.

Jackie's death highlighted just how alone one can feel even surrounded by millions of fellow city dwellers, as V mentions many times throughout the story how he/she once had a best friend and how that loss has impacted them. This is further reinforced by Rogue's little tidbit on why V has to be a Solo. It's all very much designed to make V feel very, very alone (at least at first, before you begin to meet more of your future friends or get to know them better, but even they don't accompany you anywhere outside of their specific missions).

In the same vein, Evelyn's death is a turning point for Judy. She goes from being passive and wearily "accepting" the filth of Night City to actively fighting back against it; which then finally culminates in the decision to leave for Oregon (in the Male V story, at least). Personally, I think that decision is a better outcome for Judy from a psychological stand-point. Whether she leaves for Oregon to live with her grandparents, or chooses to leave with her love interest and the Nomads, the point is: she needs to get out of that hellhole. V does too.

They also both serve as a warning about seeking power and glory and the sacrifices Night City requires everyone to make in pursuit of these endeavors. Jackie wanted to be known as a legend and Evelyn wanted to rise far above her station, playing deadly games with those way above her in the Night City hierarchy. And I think that's the point of the entire game, really. No one ever wins in Night City. The higher you go, the more you must sacrifice and more enemies you'll make, until one day you mess up and you're dead (or worse). No matter how clever, strong, rich or powerful you are - there's always someone waiting in the dark with a knife aimed at your back.

I just can't figure out why Evelyn is suggesting that I betray Dexter? Why did the CDPR give us a choice? It doesn't change anything at all! Why give such an illusion? What would upset the players and drive them into depression even more?

I think that's because they want to mislead you to think the job won't go utterly pears shaped.

evelyn´s death is a dramatic moment in the story
i was pretty shocked
i dont think she could have been saved, not even judy saw that coming
must be a difficult moment for her
Post automatically merged:

Evelyn was a downward spiral... Poor girl. Unfortunately in life stories like hers are a common and true reality.

Prostitute, got it in for whatever reason, trying to get out of it for the good reasons, tries to take a shortcut and it's all downhill from there...

I liked her story. Like many things in this game it was poetic.

I grew up in a rough area, in the less fortunate areas of the world, many people live a downward spiral... They captured her story well.

RIP to all of the real life people shared the same fate.

amen brother

Wow, I expected some closure but the character was just killed off. WTF?
A lot of good characters get killed off since they're no longer needed. What happened? Even Witcher games didn't have such issue.
There should have been at least a secret way to keep character alive, maybe dependent on your LivePath to have that play some part.

For example, when you receive the phone call from Judy, you have 30 minutes in game time to arrive to the scene, Then you need Technical Ability at 18, Intelligence at 18 and be a corpo for example. Also reading a datashard on surgery beforehand, like in Witcher 1 you needed to read the book about Zerrikanian Insects to succesfuly complete an autopsy. Same could have been done here. Read a datashard on surgery, high technical and intelligence to perform field surgery, corpo because he saw a field surgeon do surgery in Mexican incident. In terms of story, you it'll allow some relationship with Evelyn and Judy. Maybe even serve as a perquisite for romance for Male V.
Maybe even have Evelyn have some brain damage due to lack of oxygen for some time, so she requires monitoring and allows Judy to call you to look after Evelyn while she's away.

This secret or tough solutions could be also applied to Dex, T-bug and Jackie. Jackie for example would require high body and technical ability, would reward players who did side missions first to level up, to apply the tourniquet to his torso, it will have a side affect of you needing to carry Jackie as his legs would become numb with no blood flow. So it'll be extra tough for you to complete.

Sorry for the rant but it feels like lots of character just tossed aside for no improvement in storytelling.
No, please No. Evelyn Parkers story was perfect the way it is.

I'd love the option to get her to Trauma Team to have her memory erased and some outrageous cost like 20K Eddies.

She'd spend the rest of the game in a hospital and Judy would still want revenge.

20k sounds like a deductible
small mercs and prostitutes usually dont own a trauma card

Looking at all of the team assembled for the heist is not a great success

Dex died due to mission
Eve died duento mission ultimalty although by far the worst ending
Tbug died on.mission
Jackie died on mission
V died due to mission

Only judy who was invloved in planning/operation survived it, due to eve protecting her involvement a sad mission with terrible consequence

I actually like it how they handled some of these character stories. It's realistic. In reality people die, no matter what you do, you can't prevent it and have to learn to live with it.

agreed. gamers have too long had their hand held and been catered to by karebear storytelling. i like that characters in this story have their own set agendas,preferences, and their own agency in a sense, they're not just there to fulfill player's every whim and fantasy. much more immersive this way.

I don't know but, in the game, we can find her at the botton of the sea with concrete in her legs... I found that by chance when, I were at the pier...

Militech went Mafia-execution style on Meredith -- shaved her head, bruised her face, and dumped her at the bottom of the ocean with cement blocks on her feet.

Attachments

• photomode_27122020_183113.png
    photomode_27122020_183113.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 68
And the whole game has always been about him being stuck in your head. That seems to have been the original proposal.

It's just they had him die more dramatically 50 years ago.

Eh, I don't think that's likely because Evelyn has an entire quest chain about rescuing her that leads directly to Judy's quest chain to try to take over Clouds. Her suffering a horrible death and you being unable to save her doesn't feel rushed because it colors a massive portion of the game's subsequent plot and sidequests. It's just a crappy artistic decision.
It's the second hint in the story that everything V does is done in vain.

Top Bottom