200 hrs and 2 walkthroughs after..

+
So i first played Nomad which is the only lifepath that has a full or kinda full mission for its path. It took me 120 hrs and well i saw and bought i think 90% of the cars. But i wondered what are the other "choices" because even after the first play i saw that we dont have a choice at all. So i started corpo and well lifepaths dont matter at all. We didnt even finish a mission with like corpo and we were just dragged in a story that for a corpo act 1 sucked because V and Jackie knew each other and that things in the first act were not supposed to be the same as Nomad and Street kid. Ill be back at this later. So i played the same but i knew things so i finished the corpo game in 85 hrs. Which i think its the real time for this game if you like just shooting and looting and just selling stuff to buy cyberware and well some weapons and cars if you are in that sort of things. So 85 hrs for a game its ok, but heres the thing. Its just that, shooter-looter and its hard to be something else. Hell even if they take out the story its gonna be the same game.. nothing will change. Nothing.
ACT 1: This is my opinion but i think act 1 was cut and doesnt make any sense in the 6 months montage at all. First of all we work for fixers and Padre which in act 2 he doesnt know us... Yeah.. also we live with Jackie for 6 months and we didnt know that he has a garage or that he bought a very expensive bike. And this with jackie for a corpo V is even weirder because they were hanging out and knew each other very well.... So this act was nothing more then ok lets just get to Jonny chronicles story. - Dont mind me loved Keanu in this but made the whole story about him. ACT 1 should have been bigger, story about V without him dying or being Jonny 2.0 .. Get to know Jackie and t-bug... trying to be night city legend. And yes at this point i think this was much to ask for... Not like they told us that we gonna have choices or anything. We should have had few more missions before THE HEIST and the street cred should have been to 75 so when we get to 25 cred that mission would open. Now i also hated that in act 1 the map was not open.. not even 30% of the city which did not make any sense to me at all. ACT 1 was really bad and i get why people ask for save files that start after the heist mission.
ACT 2: So this act really opened my eyes when i pre ordered 3 copies of this game... After the first act i was ohhh man cant wait to kill Dex... i was sooo ready ANDDD funny enough you took that choice away from us... hah... oh man i should have known that we wont even have a revenge... Takamura kills him... and we just watch.. hated it. So we are saved by him and after all that with Vic and Misty which i loved we had to take pills which THEY DID NOT MATTER AT ALL...again.. 10 minutes in the second act and they actually made us not matter at all. And we get jonny which smashes our head against the window and ofcourse we are saying we gonna kill you but funny enough the next morning we had to pick our car from the garage... and this is like few hours after we are being smashed against the window might you and we got hit by a taxi Delamen and our V asks joinny if he saw that... WAIT WHAT?... 3 hrs ago we were at all ods against each other... it didnt make ANY SENSE...So im like ok 15 minutes into act 2 and im like ok CD project now i get it .. and this was even before the bugs. So long story short lol i heard that the main story is about 20 hrs and said ok im just gonna do side quests - that is what im doing anyway in other games im just gonna enjoy that. Now its kinda funny that in my Nomad play i had 1.04 and almost no bugs but in Corpo 1.06 had a lot.. which got me a little worried cause for the PC game this was getting worse.
SIDE QUESTS: So i spent most of the time just doing every side quests i could find. I played on very hard and that was the only way i could enjoy the game to be honest. Looted everything and everyone cause i needed cash to just get something because i dont like cheating even in single player games. Played and actually liked the shooting and that was pretty much it. The side quests atleast that are not tied to the MAIN STORY were kill that, steal this, try to get undetected and well they add you l;ike 700 eddies if you dont get detected and probably gonna comment something which is NOT GOOD. We needed even a fixer system where if you are doing stupid crap they wont give you missions.. We needed that. We needed a corpo system a gang system... We didnt get anything.. NOTHING MATTERED AND IT HURTS. So when i got the second play with Corpo i was like ok im just gonna hack everything and i got bored cause aside from certain fights i was a god. Hacking in this game made people kill each other, explode, fried, kill themselves ... taking over turrents like a joke and kill everyone.. it was epic but boring after 20 missions.. so i was like ok... im just gonna start the main story after 40 missions cause i got some cyberware and im ready...
MAIN SIDE STORY: WOW ...ok ...soo really short- the main story without the side main quests.. if people dont care about Panam or Judy or Takemura well the story is nothing ... its really bad. I had fun with the main story side missions which had some weird choice into them BUT that choice more than half of the small amount of choice did not matter... Played a male V as Nomad and female V as Corpo and that only was because of Judy and Panam... That was the main difference between the male and female and the replayability of this game. NOTHING ELSE. There is no other choices really. And that is sad because we thought that our choices gonna matter. Hell even when Judy said that she was leaving male V just said LATER... not even a hug.. FRIEND HUG CD PROJECT... and im not even a hugger.. youd still do that cause of respect for the other person...So the main side stories WERE GOOD but that was the end of it... Not many choices and just weird dialogue to be honest.
THE MAIN STORY... : Well it was short as peope say...But that didnt bothered me. What bothered me was that this WAS NOT Vs STORY ...it was Jonnys.. and we were just in the way.The story was ok but as ACT 3 after V was already night city legend. After we crapped on everything like i did .. AND YET people still saw us as mediocre.. especially that Haitian dude who hired us... he was talking with us like we are nobody and i was 50 street cred and 40 level - DIDNT MATTER hell when people met us they are like whos the mess like Kerry... AFTER EVERYTHING NO ONE HEARD ABOUT YOU... That is why this is not Vs story.. its just not. And it pissed me off.. I was wrecking everything on very hard and nothing.. hell after the HEIST we should have had other assassins after us...NOTHING... the whole game just didnt matter because those kind of systems are nowhere to be found. V doesnt leave a mark at all... only with the Aldecados which i loved that.. my favourite mission and i was just running on roof tops when i saw aldecados were trading the scavs and just jumped in the middle of that.. Cassidy recognised me and asked me why am i there.. The scavs were even like who is that we said 3 .. but they werent gonna honor the deal after the call i had a choice with my BODY att.. and it worked.. and they honored the deal.. That was my favourite mission and it took 2 min.. it was amazing because something that we did mattered before that....
ANYWAY i dont think that some of those systems will be put in place because linearity of the game is just too much. And i think that was the main problem.. They put an AMAZING OPEN WORLD GAME...which is should have had RPG elements .. there arent.. its that bad. And on top of that put this ok story that is very linear and very urgent.. that made the whole ACT 2 to means nothing.. because if you die in 3 weeks you wont go get a 200k car if there is a chance to survive or be a fist champion.. And that is the main problem... This game needed a different story and the jonny chronicles to be for the first expansion..

I can talk about this for days but wouldnt do any good. HOPE that someone really reads it and just share his opinions. The bugs were a lot and the AI systems were horrible. Before any DLCs or cut content they should fix the whole AI systems and just at tone of RPG elements in this game. The city is amazing but the world is DEAD...

This is not of hate but of respect.. Cheers and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE READING THIS.. GOD BLESS.

Yeah - look - and I'm going to put my little conspiracy hat on for a moment...

...the world feels built for a world like The Division or GTA Online first and foremost....it feels like a framework for a lootershooter microtransaction feast - with the Single Player 2077 we got an isolated story to get it out the door.

It feels like after they went public, management and investors saw dollar signs - and the stopped being CD Projekt trail blazers of Single Player experiences - and became CD Projekt chaser of what other companies are doing and making money from.

Could be way off base - and that's fine - it's just a feeling...and i say that with all love for what Cyberpunk 2077 is .. it's just sad because there are the bones of something here that could have been great.

...the world feels built for a world like The Division or GTA Online first and foremost....it feels like a framework for a lootershooter microtransaction feast - with the Single Player 2077 we got an isolated story to get it out the door.

It feels like after they went public, management and investors saw dollar signs - and the stopped being CD Projekt trail blazers of Single Player experiences - and became CD Projekt chaser of what other companies are doing and making money from.

Could be way off base - and that's fine - it's just a feeling...and i say that with all love for what Cyberpunk 2077 is .. it's just sad because there are the bones of something here that could have been great.
Yeah you are right.. i think its multiplayer intended... like you said it started as a single player but after the hype and everything they saw this project was like... lets get it over this and just focus on the real one.. the multiplayer..

Cyberpunk2077 battle-royale we will be jumping out of that big flying ship and unboxing lootboxes to get legendary hat.

Yeah you are right.. i think its multiplayer intended... like you said it started as a single player but after the hype and everything they saw this project was like... lets get it over this and just focus on the real one.. the multiplayer..
It's inevitable.. hopefully they dedicate resources to fixing the singleplayer first..

2020-12-31_16-12-47.jpg

Basically this long story, yes. :) I like how Keanu did Johnny, but I don't like how this feels like a game just to tell Johnny's story and that V (your, the protagonist's, character!) is meaningless.
There's no way for you to "win", it's turtles all the way down and only Johnny has an option to win. And the whole Act 2 is "hurry up and fix this, you have two weeks", well...then what's the point of all this side quest stuff and saving up for those expensive cars, cyberware, and quickhacks? What's the point?!

It's hard to get invested in something when you know that investment is going to be taken away from you (if you got spoiled on the story). But it's almost worse if you wholeheartedly invest, not knowing the outcome, and then have it taken out from under you.

This thread, Too much Johnny, basically sums up my opinion of Johnny as well (like the character, don't like how he's the main focus of the game instead of your own character, V).

Last edited:

mbrto

Forum regular
i think the whole storyline is fantastic
it had a huge emotional impact on me, like nothing i have played before
the writing, voice acting, presentation etc. is just top notch
i´d say i didnt shed a tear but i would be lying

"never fade away" is stuck in my head now
best video game experience in my life

So i first played Nomad which is the only lifepath that has a full or kinda full mission for its path. It took me 120 hrs and well i saw and bought i think 90% of the cars. But i wondered what are the other "choices" because even after the first play i saw that we dont have a choice at all. So i started corpo and well lifepaths dont matter at all. We didnt even finish a mission with like corpo and we were just dragged in a story that for a corpo act 1 sucked because V and Jackie knew each other and that things in the first act were not supposed to be the same as Nomad and Street kid. Ill be back at this later. So i played the same but i knew things so i finished the corpo game in 85 hrs. Which i think its the real time for this game if you like just shooting and looting and just selling stuff to buy cyberware and well some weapons and cars if you are in that sort of things. So 85 hrs for a game its ok, but heres the thing. Its just that, shooter-looter and its hard to be something else. Hell even if they take out the story its gonna be the same game.. nothing will change. Nothing.
ACT 1: This is my opinion but i think act 1 was cut and doesnt make any sense in the 6 months montage at all. First of all we work for fixers and Padre which in act 2 he doesnt know us... Yeah.. also we live with Jackie for 6 months and we didnt know that he has a garage or that he bought a very expensive bike. And this with jackie for a corpo V is even weirder because they were hanging out and knew each other very well.... So this act was nothing more then ok lets just get to Jonny chronicles story. - Dont mind me loved Keanu in this but made the whole story about him. ACT 1 should have been bigger, story about V without him dying or being Jonny 2.0 .. Get to know Jackie and t-bug... trying to be night city legend. And yes at this point i think this was much to ask for... Not like they told us that we gonna have choices or anything. We should have had few more missions before THE HEIST and the street cred should have been to 75 so when we get to 25 cred that mission would open. Now i also hated that in act 1 the map was not open.. not even 30% of the city which did not make any sense to me at all. ACT 1 was really bad and i get why people ask for save files that start after the heist mission.
ACT 2: So this act really opened my eyes when i pre ordered 3 copies of this game... After the first act i was ohhh man cant wait to kill Dex... i was sooo ready ANDDD funny enough you took that choice away from us... hah... oh man i should have known that we wont even have a revenge... Takamura kills him... and we just watch.. hated it. So we are saved by him and after all that with Vic and Misty which i loved we had to take pills which THEY DID NOT MATTER AT ALL...again.. 10 minutes in the second act and they actually made us not matter at all. And we get jonny which smashes our head against the window and ofcourse we are saying we gonna kill you but funny enough the next morning we had to pick our car from the garage... and this is like few hours after we are being smashed against the window might you and we got hit by a taxi Delamen and our V asks joinny if he saw that... WAIT WHAT?... 3 hrs ago we were at all ods against each other... it didnt make ANY SENSE...So im like ok 15 minutes into act 2 and im like ok CD project now i get it .. and this was even before the bugs. So long story short lol i heard that the main story is about 20 hrs and said ok im just gonna do side quests - that is what im doing anyway in other games im just gonna enjoy that. Now its kinda funny that in my Nomad play i had 1.04 and almost no bugs but in Corpo 1.06 had a lot.. which got me a little worried cause for the PC game this was getting worse.
SIDE QUESTS: So i spent most of the time just doing every side quests i could find. I played on very hard and that was the only way i could enjoy the game to be honest. Looted everything and everyone cause i needed cash to just get something because i dont like cheating even in single player games. Played and actually liked the shooting and that was pretty much it. The side quests atleast that are not tied to the MAIN STORY were kill that, steal this, try to get undetected and well they add you l;ike 700 eddies if you dont get detected and probably gonna comment something which is NOT GOOD. We needed even a fixer system where if you are doing stupid crap they wont give you missions.. We needed that. We needed a corpo system a gang system... We didnt get anything.. NOTHING MATTERED AND IT HURTS. So when i got the second play with Corpo i was like ok im just gonna hack everything and i got bored cause aside from certain fights i was a god. Hacking in this game made people kill each other, explode, fried, kill themselves ... taking over turrents like a joke and kill everyone.. it was epic but boring after 20 missions.. so i was like ok... im just gonna start the main story after 40 missions cause i got some cyberware and im ready...
MAIN SIDE STORY: WOW ...ok ...soo really short- the main story without the side main quests.. if people dont care about Panam or Judy or Takemura well the story is nothing ... its really bad. I had fun with the main story side missions which had some weird choice into them BUT that choice more than half of the small amount of choice did not matter... Played a male V as Nomad and female V as Corpo and that only was because of Judy and Panam... That was the main difference between the male and female and the replayability of this game. NOTHING ELSE. There is no other choices really. And that is sad because we thought that our choices gonna matter. Hell even when Judy said that she was leaving male V just said LATER... not even a hug.. FRIEND HUG CD PROJECT... and im not even a hugger.. youd still do that cause of respect for the other person...So the main side stories WERE GOOD but that was the end of it... Not many choices and just weird dialogue to be honest.
THE MAIN STORY... : Well it was short as peope say...But that didnt bothered me. What bothered me was that this WAS NOT Vs STORY ...it was Jonnys.. and we were just in the way.The story was ok but as ACT 3 after V was already night city legend. After we crapped on everything like i did .. AND YET people still saw us as mediocre.. especially that Haitian dude who hired us... he was talking with us like we are nobody and i was 50 street cred and 40 level - DIDNT MATTER hell when people met us they are like whos the mess like Kerry... AFTER EVERYTHING NO ONE HEARD ABOUT YOU... That is why this is not Vs story.. its just not. And it pissed me off.. I was wrecking everything on very hard and nothing.. hell after the HEIST we should have had other assassins after us...NOTHING... the whole game just didnt matter because those kind of systems are nowhere to be found. V doesnt leave a mark at all... only with the Aldecados which i loved that.. my favourite mission and i was just running on roof tops when i saw aldecados were trading the scavs and just jumped in the middle of that.. Cassidy recognised me and asked me why am i there.. The scavs were even like who is that we said 3 .. but they werent gonna honor the deal after the call i had a choice with my BODY att.. and it worked.. and they honored the deal.. That was my favourite mission and it took 2 min.. it was amazing because something that we did mattered before that....
ANYWAY i dont think that some of those systems will be put in place because linearity of the game is just too much. And i think that was the main problem.. They put an AMAZING OPEN WORLD GAME...which is should have had RPG elements .. there arent.. its that bad. And on top of that put this ok story that is very linear and very urgent.. that made the whole ACT 2 to means nothing.. because if you die in 3 weeks you wont go get a 200k car if there is a chance to survive or be a fist champion.. And that is the main problem... This game needed a different story and the jonny chronicles to be for the first expansion..

I can talk about this for days but wouldnt do any good. HOPE that someone really reads it and just share his opinions. The bugs were a lot and the AI systems were horrible. Before any DLCs or cut content they should fix the whole AI systems and just at tone of RPG elements in this game. The city is amazing but the world is DEAD...

This is not of hate but of respect.. Cheers and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE READING THIS.. GOD BLESS.

200 hours wtf you smoking ? I finished the entire game activites included under 80 hours.

Top Bottom