Do you hate unhappy endings? (spoilers)

+

Happy or Sad endings?

• Happy

Votes: 82 71.3%
  • Sad

Votes: 33 28.7%

• Total voters
Have you ever tried Disney movies? Girl meets the handsome prince, defeats the evil guy and everyone lives happily ever after! Well except for the bad guy but they don't deserve a happy ending because they are icky and mean, you don't have to watch the protagonist die of an illness and if there is an illness then it will be cured by magical unicorn farts and the only ethical quandary you will ever need to face is whether or not it is ok to violate consent to wake somebody from a coma!

Personally, I am fine with sad endings (after all, what are happy endings worth, if there are no bad ones). I just wonder whether it is a wise decision for a video game that wants to sell expansions ...

The cyberpunk universe is a dark and brutal universe. I was extremely concerned with the popularity of the genre due to seeing chibi toys and complaints that this genre has sad endings. I hope CDPR doesn't cave in to these types of fans and holds onto exploring its classic themes and world building at least for the characters sake so the stories don't feel unrealistic.

Personally, I am fine with sad endings (after all, what are happy endings worth, if there are no bad ones). I just wonder whether it is a wise decision for a video game that wants to sell expansions ...

Maybe the expansion will be just that. Not V but your own character not directly tied to the V quest line? Sounds like a lot of folks would buy that up in a heart beat.

I don't see why it would hamper their ability to create expansions or sequels?

Are sad endings automatically good?

Here's a critical thinking assignment: Why might someone love the ending of RDR2 and TLOU but hate this?

Because the protagonists survive? Of course John Marston does die in the prequel so we do know that his happy ending in RDR2 wont last too long, but hey at least you can pretend this is an alternate timeline where nothing bad happens to John right? And while Joel does die in TLOU part 2 I am sure you saw the backlash for that didn't you?

Because the protagonists survive? Of course John Marston does die in the prequel so we do know that his happy ending in RDR2 wont last too long and Joel dies in TLOU part 2 but I am sure you saw the backlash for that didn't you?
You didn't answer my question.

John is not the protagonist of RDR2.

The main character doesn't have to die for the ending to be sad; the ending of TLOU is brutal.

Really put in a little thought here.

You didn't answer my question.

John is not the protagonist of RDR2.

Sure he is mun, built a nice little farm got revenge of Micah, the story up until that point focuses on getting John Marston out of the gang so he can get his happily ever after!

The main character doesn't have to die for the ending to be sad; the ending of TLOU is brutal.

Really put in a little thought here.

Sure but Joel and Ellie survive so that is all that matters right? Ok sure Joel guns down a lot of people but these were all nameless mooks no different from the ones you gunned down all throughout the game, sure it turns out that the doctor is Abby's father but then nobody likes Abby so it is justified.

The cyberpunk universe is a dark and brutal universe. I was extremely concerned with the popularity of the genre due to seeing chibi toys and complaints that this genre has sad endings. I hope CDPR doesn't cave in to these types of fans and holds onto exploring its classic themes and world building at least for the characters sake so the stories don't feel unrealistic.
Lol because realism is definitely a huge selling point of Cyberpunk, right.

Sure he is mun, built a nice little farm got revenge of Micah, the story up until that point focuses on getting John Marston out of the gang so he can get his happily ever after!

Sure but Joel and Ellie survive so that is all that matters right? Ok sure Joel guns down a lot of people but these were all nameless mooks no different from the ones you gunned down all throughout the game, sure it turns out that the doctor is Abby's father but then nobody likes Abby so it is justified.
You still haven't answered my question and you've shifted from "sad endings" to endings with dying protagonists, while also refusing to acknowledge an ending with a dying protagonist (Arthur). You aren't interested in any honest conversation and aren't worth engaging with any further.

Im fine with sad endings, im not fine with shite though

That said while CP2077 endings could've took alot more into consideration there not bad but there not great either there just meh, scenes need "tweaked" and more words need to be spoken if indeed this is all we get regarding the "end"

Example of a scene tweak - Nomad ending, if your in a relationship with Judy she needs to completely replace Panam in the tank for that end scene.

Example word tweak - They "last" phonecalls before you make a decision are utterly ridiculously bad with maybe the exception again funnily being Panams, a simple option just to have V state how the felt about the person?? That so hard?

Examples pointless if there plans all along was for dlc to expand it but then why put us back where they put us just to do it all again?

Because the protagonists survive? Of course John Marston does die in the prequel so we do know that his happy ending in RDR2 wont last too long and Joel dies in TLOU part 2 but I am sure you saw the backlash for that didn't you?
Joel's death was an emotional experience for me but perfect for what it was designed for. It enhanced ellie's character and elevated Joel's status to the nurturing father figure we all dream of having. The audience could now experience what loss means yet the idea of loss is something many people don't want to face. Death isn't an easy subject to discuss. Audiences don't want be reminded that reality sucks, that people we love will die. Lou 2 is a dark world and I'm happy that they continued that journey to remain true to the story, its characters, and to hardcore fans.
Post automatically merged:

Lol because realism is definitely a huge selling point of Cyberpunk, right.
Yes it is.

Top Bottom