[TW1][tool] Save game editor

+
Cristof84 said:
Ok so I have just started Playing the Witcher and have run across the Vizima Confidential bug. I have attempted to follow the instructions on this board but I must admit I have never dealt with Java and am not very savy at these types of issues. Can anyone assist with some step by step instructions on how to get the editor to run?

My game file is located at:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher Enhanced Edition

Im not sure which file to copy/paste where and what to put into what target line....help lol
If you have the editor downloaded and unzipped there will will a TWEditor that is 256kb copy and paste that in your witcher installation . The witcher/Data folder to be exact . Once done then right click the TWEditor and select "send to desktop" now close all windows and right click the shortcut you just made and select propeties . Then click the shortcut tab. In the target line try this
D:\Windows\System32\javaw.exe -DTW.install.path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher Enhanced Edition" -DTW.language=3 -jar TWEditor.jar

I followed the instructions in the first paragraph and it worked like a charm,no problems.:) Thank you very much for all your' input and patience.

hello guys, im still pretty new to TW1 mods...
I downloaded the editor, got it to work after much trial and error and reading...
However when i try to acess the saves i get this error...

Can anyone help me? its getting rather frustating=S

Im using windows 7, just installed java 1.6 as said in the readme, im using Steam's EE directors edition...

Hi Guys,

I've run into the dreaded Vizima quest issue too. I tried to install the editor, but when I double click the shortcut, nothing happens (no error message, no new window). here's what I have:

Per Tommy's instructions, I have created a shortcut to the TWEditor on the desktop. Here's what I have as shortcut Properties:

Target: "D:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -DTW.install.path="D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\" -DTW.language=3 -jar TWEditor.jar

Start in: "D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\Data"

Can you take a look and let me know how to get his working?

Thanks for helping everyone out. Its been a fun game so far, hopefully, you can get me questing along soon!

Ignore my earlier post. Looks like I had an extra "\" in the path. Removed that and got it working. Thanks for the detailed instructions!

witchertest said:
Hi Guys,

I've run into the dreaded Vizima quest issue too. I tried to install the editor, but when I double click the shortcut, nothing happens (no error message, no new window). here's what I have:

Per Tommy's instructions, I have created a shortcut to the TWEditor on the desktop. Here's what I have as shortcut Properties:

Target: "D:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -DTW.install.path="D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\" -DTW.language=3 -jar TWEditor.jar

Start in: "D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\Data"

Can you take a look and let me know how to get his working?

Thanks for helping everyone out. Its been a fun game so far, hopefully, you can get me questing along soon!

Did you copy and paste the TWEditor in the witcher/Data folder and then "send to desktop" from there to create the shortcut ?
Is "D" your windows partition ? Myself have always used this as the start in the target line C:\Windows\System32\javaw.exe

Might also try removing the last backslash
"D:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -DTW.install.path="D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher Enhanced Edition" -DTW.language=3 -jar TWEditor.jar

VincentD said:
Here's what my shortcut looks like

C:\Windows\System32\javaw.exe -DTW.language=3 -jar"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\the witcher enhanced edition\TWEditor.jar" -Xmx256m

Doesn't work.

1. create a folder "the witcher savegame editor" or what ever you wanna called it
2. extract files to "the witcher savegame editor"
3. inside folder create and open notepad
4. copy this inside the nodpad:

@echo off

javaw -DTW.language=3 -jar TWEditor.jar

pause

5. safe file as

File name: run.bat

AND

Save as type: all files

6. click safe and close double click on run and :D/>/>/>

So, I like many others, appear to be having problems using the editor.

I only wanted to add in a single recipe that apparently has disappeared off the face of the earth on my file!

My things reads like this

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx256m -DTW.install.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher Enhanced Edition"-DTW.language=3-jar TWEditor.jar

It close fine. And when I click anything it either does nothing or says it does not understand the language. I've read through the thread and tried a few things, but being a PC Noob I've probably done a few things wrong. Any help would be much appreciated!

Pliskkenn said:
So, I like many others, appear to be having problems using the editor.

I only wanted to add in a single recipe that apparently has disappeared off the face of the earth on my file!

My things reads like this

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx256m -DTW.install.path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher Enhanced Edition"-DTW.language=3-jar TWEditor.jar

It close fine. And when I click anything it either does nothing or says it does not understand the language. I've read through the thread and tried a few things, but being a PC Noob I've probably done a few things wrong. Any help would be much appreciated!

Try this in your target line . You can copy/paste to make it easier

C:\Windows\System32\javaw.exe -DTW.install.path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher Enhanced Edition"-DTW.language=3 -jar TWEditor.jar

Tommy said:
Try this in your target line . You can copy/paste to make it easier

C:\Windows\System32\javaw.exe -DTW.install.path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher Enhanced Edition"-DTW.language=3 -jar TWEditor.jar

Tells me the target line is not valid? Maybe my Java lives in an odd place?

After the placement of the TWEditor in your witcher folder you did right click on the TWEditor and select send to desktop correct ?

Then try it this way
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe -DTW.install.path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher Enhanced Edition"-DTW.language=3 -jar TWEditor.jar

Tommy said:
After the placement of the TWEditor in your witcher folder you did right click on the TWEditor and select send to desktop correct ?

Then try it this way
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe -DTW.install.path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher Enhanced Edition"-DTW.language=3 -jar TWEditor.jar

Yup, the .jar is sat in the Data folder. The Lnk was sent to desktop. Copied that line there and it said the same as before. Not entirely sure what I've done so wrong here. Thanks for helping me man.

Pliskkenn said:
Yup, the .jar is sat in the Data folder. The Lnk was sent to desktop. Copied that line there and it said the same as before. Not entirely sure what I've done so wrong here. Thanks for helping me man.

Can you post the start in line . Directly under the target line .

alright let`s see if we can tame this monster in a different way . First delete the TWEditor shortcut then go to where you put the TWEditor in the Data folder and delete that one as well .

Now go to where you extracted the TWEditor and open it and copy the TWEditor (256 kb) and paste it in the main witcher folder
C:\Program Files(X86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher Enhanced Edition
Now right click the TWEditor and select send to desktop . Close all windows and click to launch the TWEditor . What error is given if any ?

I've just got off shift and that is awfully fiddly. Just posting to say I really appreciate you staying to help me with this and I'll actually crack on with it tomorrow when I get up.

java.io.IOException: Unable to determine installed language

TWEeditor.Main.main(Main.java:169)

--

Followed all those steps. Mayhaps I've got a duff download?

There were 2 versions of the TWeditor make sure you`re using the one for the Enhanced Edition . If you are then try this one in the target line .
javaw -DTW.install.path="C:\Program Files(X86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher Enhanced Edition" -DTW.language=3 -jar TWEditor.jar

Tommy said:
There were 2 versions of the TWeditor make sure you`re using the one for the Enhanced Edition . If you are then try this one in the target line .
javaw -DTW.install.path="C:\Program Files(X86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher Enhanced Edition" -DTW.language=3 -jar TWEditor.jar

Double Checked the Editor, Says its for the Enchanced Edition. Tried putting that into the target line but it said jawaw specified in the target box is not valid.

I have no idea what I've managed to get wrong here :/

Top Bottom