Most broken weapons in CP: what should get balanced first.

+

ya1

Forum regular
In this thread, I'd like to discuss the IMO three most broken weapons in CP77. This is hoping that the game will be balanced in the next big patch. IMO the current balance is broken and trivializes the game even on very hard and even without any educated attempts at optimizing a build. Before I start, I'd like to say that many factors contribute to the brokenness of weapons in CP. AI is one of them. Scarcity of strong enemies is another. General brokenness of the game and half-finished state of the game mechanics is also a factor.

Here is my top 3 broken weapons (or weapon categories including bonuses) that should be nerfed asap:

1. Buzzsaw. Wall piercing without charging, with many hits per second and with silencer. This weapon is absolute ridiculousness. It does not highlight enemies through walls but with things specced up you can just spray blind and kill everyone in 360 degrees. Or use Ping - just in case cyberdeck builds needed more options at non-interactive, casual disposal of enemies. There is an iconic assault rifle that functions in a similar way but it's only accessible very late in the game, and Buzzsaw you can get right at the start.

2. RT-46 Burya (or Comrade's Hammer). Tech Revolver piercing cover without charging. As soon as you get high crit chance and a good crit dmg bonus, it one or two shots everything through the wall (Comrade one-shots everything just like that). Absolutely broken. In fact, poor AI makes all tech weapons kinda broken but these two don't even need charging, nor do they have any accuracy penalties to make up for piercing cover.

3. Silenced revolvers (Overture but also Nova, and their iconic cousins). The out-of-combat perks and bonuses to silencers make this a one-shot weapon very early in the game (that on top of - I surmise - broken armor mechanics; EDIT: enemy armor in CP is a lie, it doesn't exist, the only thing affecting player dmg on enemies is dmg multipliers from lvl difference - same for everyone with a different set of numbers for all robots - and enemy resistances for dmg types). Bad AI and trivial stealth mechanics on top of the reflex cybernetics (broken cooldowns deosn't work) make silenced pistol game play rather banal. Very early in the game, even headshotting stops being a must since 1) crit chance/dmg scaling is broken 2) you can two-shot anything to the body (and very soon even one-shot).

(Also, on the margin, silencers in CP function mostly as dmg multipliers. There is little pratical difference between using a silenced weapon and a non-silenced weapon. Very often, enemies get alarmed either way whether line of sight is affected or not.)

Many people complain about the brokenness of melee weapons and they are absolutely right. It would seem that melee playstyle should require some active input and dmg tanking, rushing, etc. But all of that is completely trivialized by Sandevistans (QianT MK4 around lvl 20 is a complete joke). But that's another broken topic. Ofc, quick hacks are also broken af as well but that's a different topic.

Thx for reading. would love to hear other opinions. Thx!

Last edited:
well, i dont like the Buryas, to long reloading time, and the one iconis is a oneshot pistol/shotgun.. meh + no silencer
because of that point, i dont like revolvers at all...
yes, much damage, but low rate of fire + long reload times...

silencers do less damage if you get discoverd

in general, every weapon dose one hit kills if your level 50 and put all the perks into them

p.s.
i did my 1st playthrou almost only with using the Dying Night starter iconic, its a realy good pistol
the NUE Death and Taxes is a bit broken due to fires 2 rounds... awesome pistol

Truthfully the loot system is crap anyway. None of the guns are really special, in the way they would actually need to be rebalanced. Like Hexipoo said: You'll be one shoting everyone with almost all the weapons anyway. Even on very hard, at level 30 I'm killing everyone with head shots with a generic pistol.

Truthfully the loot system is crap anyway. None of the guns are really special, in the way they would actually need to be rebalanced. Like Hexipoo said: You'll be one shoting everyone with almost all the weapons anyway. Even on very hard, at level 30 I'm killing everyone with head shots with a generic pistol.

The entire combat system is completely busted. There are so many perks that are utterly worthless because you kill everything in 1 hit.

They should have just gone with the FarCry model instead. I'm currently at level 23 on Very Hard and I'm using the sword form the Heist AV landing pad. Haven't upgraded it either in quality or levels since getting it around level 10 and it's oneshotting everyone. Like... what's the point? I also have a green shitty Overture from like 5 levels ago and it's doing the same.

ya1

Forum regular
You can oneshot everyone with like 95% of the weapons in the game

Yeah. But with most weapons you at least have to move and expose yourself, you gotta do something, play the shooter. With Burya you just get in cover and one-shoot the red spots on the screen. Makes the game rather trivial. Nekomata at least got the shakes. Other tech weapon at least got the charge. Burya is comparably most broken.

, just stop already.

THIS. GAME. IS. NOT. BORDERLANDS.

And that's a good thing? Borderlands happens to be the best game in the genre. CP doesn't even get close as a looter shooter.

The game "hard mode" is almost like some kind of journalist mode. Weapons are so strong you don't actually need any skills.
Anyway I went with tech and int mainly so here is what I noticed:

1. Every weapon that can shoot through walls is gamebraking.
Just jump onto a building or shoot across the street or from underground and enemies don't know what to do.

2. Snipers are the worst. For example Ashura - Smart Sniper Rifle (love this gun) you can shot from so far away, the fighting mechanics don't kick in (and so does some textures ^^). You can just pick them one by one if you can see them.

3. Sometimes I don't even need a gun! Something breaks, the revealing hack won't show up, I hack camera and burn 20 npcs one by one and nobody even knows what hit them.

Yeah. But with most weapons you at least have to move and expose yourself, you gotta do something, play the shooter. With Burya you just get in cover and one-shoot the red spots on the screen. Makes the game rather trivial. Nekomata at least got the shakes. Other tech weapon at least got the charge. Burya is comparably most broken.

And that's a good thing? Borderlands happens to be the best game in the genre. CP doesn't even get close as a looter shooter.

You don't have to shoot anything, ever. You can empty an entire building with one single quickhack from across the fucking street.

You don't have to shoot anything, ever. You can empty an entire building with one single quickhack from across the fucking street.

^This. My Netrunner only has to ping once and I see everyone in the area because epic ping is totally busted and lets you hack through walls. I use contagion and everyone in the area drops dead.

I really wonder what the draw of the game was for some of you folk, they gave a bunch of toys so that everyone could find something they liked and have fun playing with weird shit and you want to limit all that because it doesn't fit your idea of game balance. It's a single player game, moderate your own experience, if you don't want to interface with weapons that are OP then don't.

^This. My Netrunner only has to ping once and I see everyone in the area because epic ping is totally busted and lets you hack through walls. I use contagion and everyone in the area drops dead.

Yup, one single top level Contagion with spread and poison perks (from cool) will kill EVERYTHING in the entire neighborhood. You're basically just Thanos snapping and people are seriously complaining about guns.

I really wonder what the draw of the game was for some of you folk, they gave a bunch of toys so that everyone could find something they liked and have fun playing with weird shit and you want to limit all that because it doesn't fit your idea of game balance. It's a single player game, moderate your own experience, if you don't want to interface with weapons that are OP then don't.

Actually I do just that. I adjust it to make it fun. BUT it doesn't change the fact the game has 0 balance.

Yup, one single top level Contagion with spread and poison perks (from cool) will kill EVERYTHING in the entire neighborhood. You're basically just Thanos snapping and people are seriously complaining about guns.

There should be some kind of mechanic that can fry your brain or something if you hack for to long or hack aka firewall that would block your abilities temporary for the enemies to make it close and personal. That would be cool.

There should be some kind of mechanic that can fry your brain or something if you hack for to long or hack aka firewall that would block your abilities temporary for the enemies to make it close and personal. That would be cool.

You can be in another area code, as far as the draw distance is. It wouldn't matter. Also, hack for too long? It's ONE hack.

You can be in another area code, as far as the draw distance is. It wouldn't matter. Also, hack for too long? It's ONE hack.

One hack now that's bad. I'm not that far with hacks only have basic ones. Guess it should be nerfed into oblivion. My Contagion does like 150 dmg haha. Got no skills put into that.

ya1

Forum regular

This argument is as common as it is wrong. SP games need balance to provide quality game play just like MP games. Especially the games that aspire for the "RPG" tag. CP77 is broken easy even on the hardest difficulty.

In fact, the whole system is out of whack. It needs to be balanced. On very hard, enemies also deal ridiculous dmg until quite late in the game. The whole game is a glass cannon galore. So it promotes play styles focused mitigating dmg such stealth or cover/tech/hack. And these are just pathetically banal.

Last edited:
One hack now that's bad. I'm not that far with hacks only have basic ones. Guess it should be nerfed into oblivion. My Contagion does like 150 dmg haha. Got no skills put into that.

There's also a hack that causes cyberpsychosis and makes the target first attack their friends and then shoot themselves.

"But muh Burya"

I think its good...
You are complaining that tech is to strong...
well you did invets quite a lot in it to make it strong

in the end, everything wher you heavlily invets points is strong
you cant be a bullet sponge, if you dont invest in it
you cant onehit kill, if you dont have the skills (maybe if you use the legendary short circuit, which isnt easy to get if you dont have the skills)

i think its good this way... you can play as a netrunner and still can kill stuff
if a netrunner couldnt kill stuff, people would also complain

certain builds are stronger
its just like an RPG like D&D, if you minmax, dont blame the game

i still would wish the AI would be a bit better, then NPC are still able to kill you... they just are kinda stupid
and if you get cought by granades or explosives, you almosst always kinda dead (if you lucky some of the cyberware will help you)

i think most stuff that happens, are because people use cheats.
money dosnt rain on you so you can buy every legendary cyberware or car or gun
you dont get unlimited components to upgrade your stuff

but there are for sure some weapons that are way stronger then others
Satori with its +600% crit damage multiplyer is realy strong
but if you dont invest in swords, its just a good weapon for everone else

Top Bottom