Romance Questlines Are Heartbreakingly Short And End Abruptly. (Potential Spoilers)

+

Aloen

Forum regular
I'm just so disappointed that once their storyline is done they become ghosts doomed to repeat the same 3 lines. These characters are so well built out and you really genuinely like them, but then their quests are done and that's it. I can't interact. Panam doesn't even move from her chair. I really want to interact more, the dead end is so disappointing from characters who feel so incredibly alive until that very moment. Give me phone calls or texts at least. I'd like activities more, but I'd settle for some more back and forth communication. I really don't want to ask her about Rogue or the Kang Tao again.

My biggest issue with the romance quests is the characters being locked to body type.
What's the point of adding in a completely customizable character if you limit choices.
I understand that adding this could include more character depth but for most of the romance options its not really explicitly stated what their preferences are, with the exception of Judy.
The inclusion of this sort of limited immersion for me because the character I liked the most was romantically unavailable to my character and I had to settle for another which sort of lessened the impact of the ending.

mbrto

Forum regular
quality over quantity, V

i think it makes the most sense that V goes straight back to business and they only talk/text about recent events from time to time.
and the storylines are imho pretty long, diverse and well crafted

her lover even shows up in the endgame

I just finished my first playthrough! I racked up a total of 50 hours and I gotta say this game is amazing especially from a Story and Character perspective.

I went through as a male nomad V and I really delved into as many side quests as I could, I finished the storylines for River, Judy, and my favourite :love:Panam:love:

However I've been heartbroken since I finished the final quest with Panam. It seems like as soon you are getting to know her and as soon as you are getting to know the nomads the questline just ends. Poof! Gone... I looked into and I realized there were only 3 personal quests related to her </3 and only 2 main story quests (besides the you know what). A total of 5 quests that only lasts about 3 hours maybe? Same with River, his questline is even shorter leaving little to no options for straight female V. I've also heard people complaining about how short the time they got to spend with Judy and she has the most content out of all of them!

Maybe this wouldn't be such a big deal to me if you could perhaps do somethings with her afterwards? Like go out to bars, or call her to sleep over or vice versa. Call her to come shoot some bad guys with you. I know she has her responsibilities now, but after you finish her questline, you get 3 short dialogue options with her for the rest of the game, that just repeat over and over. It just feels like as soon as we build a connection with these 3 characters they get taken away from us and that's it with them. Which is a shame because they are some of the most in-depth and most important characters in the game.

I know I'm going on a bit of a rant here at this point, but kudos to CDPR, they've made Characters and Romance options that I haven't felt this attached to since Morrigan and Alistair from Dragon Age Origins 11 years ago, It's just a shame that it came to end so fast </3.

Idk, how did you guys feel about it? Like I said I only romanced Panam as a male, but I completed Judy's and River's content too. It was all pretty quick especially Panam and River. Judy had a bit more which I appreciate, but she's only 1 romance option for 1 specific type of Character (Female V). And as far as I know even when you finish her quest as a romance option that's it. All your interactions with her are done :'(

My one question for CDPR is, will we get to see more of Panam in DLC? If so please take my money now I'm ready :LOL:

I agree man, this game made me feel some things some other games hadn't.

What would i add?
Dump stupid shit, messages, interaction. Increase lore, if you're already committed to develop this. Even random messages from the NPC would be welcome. I don't even understand why they spent time in genital customization if it doesn't have any effect whatsoever in the relationships.

As i commented in another section, being gay and having at least one option is nice. River refusing a kiss felt so real. It would have been even more awesome if i got a silent treatment from him because i tried to kiss him... Kudos to CDPR. They still have a whole range of possibilities to explore.

Again, this is a game, and it's not intended to replace real needs. Still if they want to add this, they should go on full steam.

Lets be honest and give credit where its due

And it certainly wouldn't be going to romance content, do you guys honestly consider a couple of words in variation from non romanced and a sex scene a romance arc?

I mean i've seen bare boned content but i honestly expected to be charged 5 eddies for the scene

Dont get me wrong there all well writing and voiced characters but it was like the 9th of December hit and then they remembered they said you could romance some of them, and the poor males, jesus, even less effort i never thought was possible, same rehashed scenes a female gets, it's cringe as hell but tbh hilarious, oh how the tides turned

I'll defend the writing and the voice acting, even say it's the best start i've seen, but that at minimum is what it is, nothing but a start, i've read prologues that are longer

Oddly, I think Judy may have been a bi romance option once.

Maiko says, "You can have everything. All the Eddies you want and Judy around your arms!"

As a male V, I wondered if Maiko was just dramatically misunderstanding why I would want to help Judy but you'd think she'd know Judy's tastes.

Same, finished the story with Panam and was slightly heartbroken. Her and V make such a good team, brilliant chemistry which makes you feel all warm and gooey inside, and leaves you begging for more. Quite sad that we don't get to explore the relationship with Panam and go roaming Arizona.

I'll admit, like many, I use gaming to escape mental health and this games storyline and characters, especially the Panam quests have been a godsend in a pretty shitty period. The endings, however, have left me a little depressed. Fingers crossed for more of Panam and V in the DLC.

Also, my New Year's resolution is to abandon my life and find Panam Palmer, if anyone knows the mocap actress or fancies tagging along lol.
I felt the same way. I had Judy along for the ride also since I was a female V, but fuck sake... it felt like having been through an actual breakup which you were the receiver of.
I suppose it shows the powerful emotions this game can create, but the ending is quite a bitter pill to swallow, I can't have my V end that way! c'mon CDPR.
Post automatically merged:

I have my own share of disappointments having romanced Kerry. Like Johnny even tells you that Kerry wanted to get with him when he was alive, and Johnny doesn't even so much as comment on your relationship with him. It would have been funny if Johnny said something like "Well I'm in your head and you're banging him, so maybe he got his wish after all". You can tell that Johnny actually cares about Kerry and wants to see him happy. There was so much opportunity for him to comment, maybe give his blessing, thank V for making his old friend happy, etc...

Also, a good chunk of the interaction between V and Kerry is when Johnny is puppeting V, so it doesn't leave a lot of time in my mind for V and Kerry to warm up to each other. It ended up seeming like their first kiss came out of nowhere. I got epically rejected by River and I felt more romantic tension there.

Also, they could definitely add in things for when you finish a romantic sideplot. Like you could move in with whoever your boy/girlfriend is etc...
Judy gave you the key for her apartment, for Panam I suppose you already had a place there, not sure if that would've changed if you'd commit to her.
what I would rather like to see is that there was more side missions to just... keep the romance going.
Now you bsasically get 1,2,3 mission to get to that point... and then its like: we're done, arc ended.

Top Bottom