[TW1][tool] Save game editor

+
InterloperUX
Try this in your target line aka copy and paste
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe -Xmx256m -DTW.language=3 -DTW.install.path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\Data" -jar TWEditor.jar

Tommy said:
InterloperUX
Try this in your target line aka copy and paste
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe -Xmx256m -DTW.language=3 -DTW.install.path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\Data" -jar TWEditor.jar

That didn't work, BUT, I moved both TWEditor.jar and the shortcut into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\ and changed the shortcut to this:

Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx256m -DTW.language=3 -DTW.install.path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher Enhanced Edition" -jar TWEditor.jar
Start in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher Enhanced Edition\"

Now it appears to work :) Thanks for the assist.

I'm so sorry for being a little out of topic, but I think I need help regarding my save files.

I have this chapter IV bug, stuck after defeating dagon and obtained Aerondight. I could not progress. As for my saves, I don't have a recent closest save file, and feel annoyed if I should re-play from the third chapter.

To make things short, I downloaded this tool, but I got stuck just trying to install this thing (this is a whole new world for me). I wonder if there's any of you who wouldn't mind checking my save file and correct it, so I can proceed? I really don't have any idea about using tools like this, and it's not because I'm too lazy to learn. It's just I really gonna need to spend lots lots of time if I were to edit it myself.

The other alternative is to download other people's save file. And I did. But I don't know why, this file seems like a modded version (it has more alchemy items limits, as an example) and keeps on crashing. At least that's the closest to my current progress that available

Guess that's all, and I really don't mean to bother you. I'm just asking, and will truly appreciate any kind of help. If this post considered inappropriate, I would ask the moderators to please delete this. Thanks a bunch once again :)

dixxn said:
I'm so sorry for being a little out of topic, but I think I need help regarding my save files.

I have this chapter IV bug, stuck after defeating dagon and obtained Aerondight. I could not progress. As for my saves, I don't have a recent closest save file, and feel annoyed if I should re-play from the third chapter.

To make things short, I downloaded this tool, but I got stuck just trying to install this thing (this is a whole new world for me). I wonder if there's any of you who wouldn't mind checking my save file and correct it, so I can proceed? I really don't have any idea about using tools like this, and it's not because I'm too lazy to learn. It's just I really gonna need to spend lots lots of time if I were to edit it myself.

The other alternative is to download other people's save file. And I did. But I don't know why, this file seems like a modded version (it has more alchemy items limits, as an example) and keeps on crashing. At least that's the closest to my current progress that available

Guess that's all, and I really don't mean to bother you. I'm just asking, and will truly appreciate any kind of help. If this post considered inappropriate, I would ask the moderators to please delete this. Thanks a bunch once again :)/>
There is a little confusion about what this tool will do . The TWEditor will let you add quest items that are missing and any other item to your inventory but it cannot fix quests in general . For that you need the Djinni editor . Go ahead and send me your latest save and i`ll take a look . Email is in signature bar . It will be later tonight before I can get to it .

Tommy said:
There is a little confusion about what this tool will do . The TWEditor will let you add quest items that are missing and any other item to your inventory but it cannot fix quests in general . For that you need the Djinni editor . Go ahead and send me your latest save and i`ll take a look . Email is in signature bar . It will be later tonight before I can get to it .

Hey Tommy, thank you very much for your response. I have sent the save file to your mail. I really appreciate that you're willing to spend your time helping me out. I'll be looking forward to your response. Thanks and thanks! :)

Best regards

Recently I've been playing The Witcher Enhanced and I've been loving it. Although I must be an unlucky user because my experience in Chapter Two has been extremely frustrating due to the presence of game breaking bugs which have caused me to lose hours of playing time, going back to old saves to try and find out what I did wrong only to find new game-breaking bugs the second time round.

During 'A Mysterious Tower', the two times I've attempted to play through the quest have been to no avail due to the fact that I simply cannot complete it. Some of the sephirots just vanish completely from my inventory and others are not given to me by those who are supposed to. I seriously love the game and I need to get past this frustrating level, so I was wondering if anybody could give me a hand in getting the fan-made 'Save Game Editor' functioning.

I'm not sure if anybody has had experience getting it working but I'm no Java whiz and seriously need to get this application up and running in order to manually place the missing sephirots in my inventory in order to complete the quest. The read-me is extremely vague and offers no help to me and while there are a heap of forum posts they all seem to be tailored to other people's needs. The main issue is that whenever I try and get the editor to work this message comes up:

Exception during program initialization

java.io.IOException: Unable to locate The Witcher installation directory

TWEditor.Main.main(Main.java:166)

I have no idea what that means but I assume the application can't find where the game's installation folder is, but I have no idea how to fix it!

I really don't want to download somebody elses save game because it's not 'my game' so unless I want to try and replay the entire tedious section again with the risk of encountering the same problem, I HAVE to get this editor working. I don't think the problem would be with the game itself because it's the latest edition and patch but it seems that some other people have been having this issue during their playthroughs. It must be due to obtaining the sephirots in a funny order, but I don't care. I'd rather just get the editor working.

Thanks for taking the time to read this message and hopefully somebody will get back to me soon with clear instructions on how to get it working :)

Not a fix, but another option. You can redeem your free copy of the game from GOG.com and I think import your game save via copy and paste? Dunno if this would fix or work however.

How did you acquire the game: is it Steam or some other source? In GOG or retail editions, the directory is found via the Registry, and this error won't occur. In the Steam edition, you have to help it; see http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7328-tw1tool-save-game-editor/page__st__200

"Missing" quest items, including the sephirot, are often due to not using all the features of the quest inventory. If you look on the inventory page, you'll see arrows to the left and right of the quest inventory. Clicking on these will scroll the inventory and make additional items visible.

GuyN said:
How did you acquire the game: is it Steam or some other source? In GOG or retail editions, the directory is found via the Registry, and this error won't occur. In the Steam edition, you have to help it; see http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7328-tw1tool-save-game-editor/page__st__200

"Missing" quest items, including the sephirot, are often due to not using all the features of the quest inventory. If you look on the inventory page, you'll see arrows to the left and right of the quest inventory. Clicking on these will scroll the inventory and make additional items visible.

I bought and downloaded the game through Steam and this appears to be the root of the directory problem. I had a good look through the linked thread and while it provides information, no matter what combination of target and start-in I try on my computer, it doesn't work.

I'm already aware that you need to scroll left and right using the quest inventory in order to access all your items but the sephirots are still not there. I am certain that I've completed the nessecary objectives in order to obtain certain sephirots but they aren't in my inventory.

You seem to know a bit about this, do you think you could help me with some step-by-step instructions on how to get the editor working? It would be the greatest help! I'm really keen to keep playing, but this problem is grinding my game to a halt.

Still not much luck, although I'm sure I must be doing something wrong. These are the addresses of where all my folders are located, as well as the target and start in locations. Maybe then we'll be able to figure out where we're going wrong.

Java: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe

Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher Enhanced Edition

Save Games: C:\Users\New\Documents\The Witcher\saves

TWEditor: C:\Users\New\Desktop\TWEditorEnhanced

And here's what my target and start-in lines look like:

Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe" -Xmx256m -DTW.language=3 -DTW.install.dir="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Witcher Enhanced Edition" -DTW.data.dir="C:\Users\New\Documents\The Witcher\saves" -jar TWEditor.jar

Start-in: C:\Users\New\Desktop\TWEditorEnhanced

Hopefully this'll shed some light on the situation.

Exception during program initialization

java.io.IOException: Unable to locate The Witcher installation directory

TWEditor.Main.main(Main.java:166)

Still the same error as before ):

Try replacing -DTW.install.dir with -DTW.install.path

(just change .dir to .path; the rest of the parameter remains the same).

There's a 2KB short cut in the folder after I unzipped it, should it be used for something? If I double click it asks permission to run and if granted comes up with a "Windows cannot find" message. So far I'm just using the short-cut on the desktop that I made.

witchernoob said:
There's a 2KB short cut in the folder after I unzipped it, should it be used for something? If I double click it asks permission to run and if granted comes up with a "Windows cannot find" message. So far I'm just using the short-cut on the desktop that I made.

Don't use that shortcut; it won't help with a non-standard (Steam qualifies as non-standard) setup. You'll just get the same problems.

I couldn't help but yell out a "Fuck yeah!" of satisfaction! Thanks so much for getting the editor working, you're a lifesaver. Hopefully this thread will assist others with the same problem in the future :)

Top Bottom