Year is 2077 and elevators are slow AF?

+
I don't get this... especially whens theres no dialogue in certain cases.... brining up the menu / inventory / crafting etccc pauses teh game...
Can we get elevators sped up?

The elevators move in real time in the real gameworld these aren't loading portals like in Mass Effect, yeah they are "slow" for a game, but rather fast in reality.

Cyberpunk theme generally showcases CRT monitors and televisions too. Its not a bad thing that some things are under developed, it just adds to the theme in my opinion.

Cyberpunk theme generally showcases CRT monitors and televisions too. Its not a bad thing that some things are under developed, it just adds to the theme in my opinion.

The speed of elevators is limited by how much acceleration you can sustain without it being uncomfortable which is around 1.5 m/s^2 in the real world, it's about the same in the game files as well.

The speed of elevators is limited by how much acceleration you can sustain without it being uncomfortable which is around 1.5 m/s^2 in the real world, it's about the same in the game files as well.

You are right in saying 1.5 m/s^2 is the maximum acceptable acceleration of an elevator however there are many other factors taken into account in the real world which you omitted. I don't want to get started rn but there is mass of the elevator, the shape, the cable structure, the payload capacity, etc. Its not very fair to compare a game with real world that easily, elevator engineering is a whole another profession in real life. I am a final year engineering student with experience in elevator design as an intern.

Yeah, it's not a matter of technology. Unless the elevator creates an anti-gravity well, there's only so fast it can go before your insides start to hurt.
Post automatically merged:

Elevators are probably used as a moving loading screen.

No they are not. They just move at a realistic elevator speed.

I don't get this... especially whens theres no dialogue in certain cases.... brining up the menu / inventory / crafting etccc pauses teh game...
Can we get elevators sped up?

Three possible reasons come to mind:
1) (already named before) - there's a maximum speed in reality a eleveator goes and as far as i am aware, the tallest existing buildings already go at that speed.
2) (similar to what @Rhyzur writes) - the game still needs to load the actual graphics when moving, so there's a speed limit because of that. Though that doesn't look as much of a problem, given how fast you can drive in car.
3) To actually let the player feel how far up/down he travels, there needs to be some travel time.
As most games, can't tell for CP2077, have to fudge with the scale of things - say the elevator indicates 59 floors, while in reality the building only scales 30 in comparison to character heigth - so the designer will also fudge with how long the elevator takes to let you feel you're going up higher.

Yeees except you can jump upto anywhere that the elevators go with cheats, tho some places can be reached with just jump legs. They don't load anything.
I get what you are saying.
Like if you sword skate to the top of Kabuki Tower, there isn't a load phase, but if you end up going through the wall, you end up falling through a completely empty building. That makes me still think that some sort of moving loading screen is still taking place.

I get what you are saying.
Like if you sword skate to the top of Kabuki Tower, there isn't a load phase, but if you end up going through the wall, you end up falling through a completely empty building. That makes me still think that some sort of moving loading screen is still taking place.

No, it's not. The markets are WAY bigger and WAY more complex than anything in any building, why would it need to load something that's absolutely miniscule in comparison?

The days of using things like the mist in Silent Hill or elevator loading are long gone.

No, it's not. The markets are WAY bigger and WAY more complex than anything in any building, why would it need to load something that's absolutely miniscule in comparison?

The days of using things like the mist in Silent Hill or elevator loading are long gone.

Scaling.
If you want a 20 room mansion in a building which outer shell is scaled down in a degree that makes the city feel big, but not big enough to actually hosue many normally scaled rooms - then you will have to transition between models. Though that's just an idea in regards to "why", and not a definitive answer if this is done with Cp2077.

If the elevators aren't being used to hide load screens, then there's no excuse to having them be slow. I bought the game so I could play it, not wait to play it.

Honestly, I feel like elevators are the last of my concerns when it comes to the game lmfao. There are a lot mor eimportant bugs and glitches which they need to get to first.

And as a topic of reality keeps coming, the safe threshold acceleration in real life can be upto 1.5 m/s^2 only. The speed can be whatever, speed doesnt really effect us much, only the acceleration. The elevator in Burj Khalifa(largest tower in the world) goes upto 10 m/s.

If the elevators aren't being used to hide load screens, then there's no excuse to having them be slow. I bought the game so I could play it, not wait to play it.

Top Bottom