River

+
Nope, that's the end of it as far as I've seen. Those texts about the "round 2" and the texts from Joss is the end of it. I didn't put anything in any drawers there so that's not it. I think it's just after a certain period that you receive those messages, though I received mine like 5+ in-game days later.

Okay another update. After the text from Joss (about wanting me to be part of the family), I go to my apartment and put the TV on, switch through the channels and I find a news report about how the NCPD took down Peter Pan. Immediately after I put my TV off, I get another text from Joss saying how the kids say hi and miss me, which means they want me to come over for another VR game. But ya, that's as far as I got. Joss is not at the house, the kids are still glitched in their room and River is still sitting out front all moody and mad.

It sort of felt like River, the Peralez's, Holtz, and the whole election arc was apart of a bigger story they sort of cut down to a few good sidequest; which is a shame because they're really great but overall feel disjointed with the pacing. I really hope a DLC or some small narrative beats are added in between existing sidequest to add more content/cohesion in this area.

River's post-sidequest dialogue is he is going to become a private investigator once Randy is back and his sister and kids are settled, so even if they don't flesh out the disjointed start, they could always add more quest on the backend with River getting into PI work and needed a merc.

Is this really all we get with river ward when it comes to romance? Why is he so short in comparison to say, Judy who is all over V's adventure. :(

Is it that short? You have both the mission where you help the Peralzes investigate the Mayor, the Serial Killer, and the follow up.

After the quest with River, I feel that he should have been a replacement for the loss of Jackie and been with V for the rest of the game. His quest was certainly (my opinion) one of the best quests in my game so far.

I have no problems thinking about V, River and Johnny together and I think the possible banter going on between Johnny and River could be a lot of fun. But, after the quest (playing as a male) you're done. River's house is suppose to be a place to stay, but you don't have the option to sleep there or access to your stash, least I couldn't find it. I actually felt bad after the quest was over, now River just sits there on the steps.

But, in my view they should not have killed off Jackie to begin with anyway. There should have been an option to save him.

Last edited:
Okay another update. After the text from Joss (about wanting me to be part of the family), I go to my apartment and put the TV on, switch through the channels and I find a news report about how the NCPD took down Peter Pan. Immediately after I put my TV off, I get another text from Joss saying how the kids say hi and miss me, which means they want me to come over for another VR game. But ya, that's as far as I got. Joss is not at the house, the kids are still glitched in their room and River is still sitting out front all moody and mad.
Yeah that's the texts from Joss that I was talking about. That's the end of it. Doesn't matter whether you went and watched the tv. It just happens after a certain period, same as the texts from River about the round 2.
Post automatically merged:

After the quest with River, I feel that he should have been a replacement for the loss of Jackie and been with V for the rest of the game. His quest was certainly (my opinion) one of the best quests in my game so far.

I agree. I was more attached to River than Panam/Judy/Kerry. River's quests are about saving his family, he talks about how he feels guilty for not being there, etc etc. He feels like an actual person. P/J/K are about revenge/vengeance and that sort of thing just turns me off a character entirely. Revenge isn't appealing. Being short tempered isn't attractive. River's the single romanceable character in the game that I actually find appealing as a character. If I met someone like P/J/K irl I would 100% not get along with them. I find them irritating at best.

I can appreciate that other people may appreciate P/J/K, but they're just not for me at all.

Last edited:
Is it that short? You have both the mission where you help the Peralzes investigate the Mayor, the Serial Killer, and the follow up.

It's short compared to Judy, and even shorter compared to Panam. You have two side quests and one date/romance quest and then that's it. You can't call him and after a few texts about Round Two or to visit and play VR games with the kids again (text from Joss), nothing. He's not even part of your story after the date, except for the disappointing bit during one of the endings.

I romanced Judy too and she's all over your adventure. I hear Panam even more so. River and Kerry were just afterthoughts to CDPR.
Post automatically merged:

I have no problems thinking about V, River and Johnny together and I think the possible banter going on between Johnny and River could be a lot of fun. But, after the quest (playing as a male) you're done. River's house is suppose to be a place to stay, but you don't have the option to sleep there or access to your stash, least I couldn't find it. I actually felt bad after the quest was over, now River just sits there on the steps.

But, in my view they should not have killed off Jackie to begin with anyway. There should have been an option to save him.

The quest ends there for female V too. Romanced the shit out of that boy and I have nothing to show for it. Lmao.

Nothing beats calling him and he picks up and says "hey Babe not right now" and hangs up on you...LOL I was like What?? so I called back and he doesn't answer anymore. PRICELESS!!
This is funny, I play a male V and that's what he said to me. he was sure giving off some vibes after the quest.

This shouldn't have bothered me as much as it has but I'm glad I'm not the only one who misses this dude LOL. I thought I said something wrong during his texts after "Following The River" and scared him away 😅o_O.
I certainly hope there is expansion for his existence in game. It's refreshing seeing V's bit of vulnerability come out around him.

The order they paid attention to:

Panam>Judy>River>Kerry
I'd say it:
1) Panam/Judy (both their quests look equally solid, they both are involved in main quest)
2) Kerry (his quest is shorter and he isn't not involved in the main story, but in Johnny's quest)
3) River. Not involved in main story, neither in Johnny's quest. His story is probably the shortest. You cant give him any sympathy signes before 10 sec bang scene at the end. You can't even tell him about Johnny. Imho River romance and quest in general are worst.

Nothing beats calling him and he picks up and says "hey Babe not right now" and hangs up on you...LOL I was like What?? so I called back and he doesn't answer anymore. PRICELESS!!
I know, right?!

I hope in some of DLC will be more of River.
That's the saddest and most infuriating part of it. Since they couldn't be bothered to begin with to deliver a decent experience for those (women, mostly) wanting to romance him, it's very unlikely they will do it later. They'll add more ladies to the DLC to appease those upset about Judy. :eek:
:sad:

I'd say it:
1) Panam/Judy (both their quests look equally solid, they both are involved in main quest)
2) Kerry (his quest is shorter and he isn't not involved in the main story, but in Johnny's quest)
3) River. Not involved in main story, neither in Johnny's quest. His story is probably the shortest. You cant give him any sympathy signes before 10 sec bang scene at the end. You can't even tell him about Johnny. Imho River romance and quest in general are worst.
I completely agree. You get to know of Kerry during Johnny's quests, so there's at least some sort of connection to the rest of the story. River is completely disconnected.

I will say River's ending call is fucked up.

River: Hey, V, as a police officer I just found a massive cache of arms! Explosives, rifles, mines, the whole biz. Orders are to destroy them but you've taught me that there are other ways to get the job done so I'm going to make sure these get in the right hands!

V: [Me]: So you've decided your post-cop career is ARMS DEALER.

I swear, I did not see that coming.

Top Bottom