YT post about game development

+
What a mess if its true. You have to wonder how much is true. And how much the loss of experienced people after witcher contributed.

There is something in this game that

he has a point. How do you think Kojima would contribute to the game, he doesn't speak English (he will have to be dubbed) do you think they hire Kojima jus to put his face?
A lot of characters in the game speak other languages and are translated in real time. It's not ridiculous. Or at least not less ridiculous than the game being mostly about Keanu Reeves' character and your character being disposable.

Moxy3

Forum regular
Dont know if the story is true, but one thing is for sure;

-> Content was cut / changed
-> Story was cut / changed
-> Characters who had a major role were just abandoned (example: Evelyn, Jackie)
-> Keanu Reeves aka Johnny Silverhand got more content than he should have ( i like Keanu Reeves and i dont blame him but for me thats a fact that it happened. )
-> Gameplay was cut / thrown out the window because of limited time (probably because of all these changes above.)

All in all, i am pretty sure that there was a major change of direction in the middle or almost end of the production of the game. They abandoned most of it and released a half baked action shooter, that was supposed to be a RPG.
Theres enough proof of cut content in the internet and in the game itself.

Do i believe they will fix the game and bring features back?

-> I believe that we will get some cut content back in form of Gameplay and Immersion.
-> I do not believe that the Story will change. I think the they destroyed many great characters with HUGE potential and this game and CDPR will suffer in the long run from this. ( because i sure will never trust CDPR again, also because of them lying and hiding things. )
-> Cant bring back the dead. Evelyn is gone, wasted. Jackie? right.. we had our 3 Missions with him.. i guess thats enough to get attached huh..? *sigh..* Gone, wasted.

As much as i love this game or better said, try to love this game.. i cant ignore these things. These are not small things you can just ignore and forget.

Please remember: what i wrote here are my feelings, my thoughts and my opinion. I know that everyone feels different and i respect that.

Dont know if the story is true, but one thing is for sure;

-> Content was cut / changed
-> Story was cut / changed
-> Characters who had a major role were just abandoned (example: Evelyn, Jackie)
-> Keanu Reeves aka Johnny Silverhand got more content than he should have ( i like Keanu Reeves and i dont blame him but for me thats a fact that it happened. )
-> Gameplay was cut / thrown out the window because of limited time (probably because of all these changes above.)

All in all, i am pretty sure that there was a major change of direction in the middle or almost end of the production of the game. They abandoned most of it and released a half baked action shooter, that was supposed to be a RPG.
Theres enough proof of cut content in the internet and in the game itself.

Do i believe they will fix the game and bring features back?

-> I believe that we will get some cut content back in form of Gameplay and Immersion.
-> I do not believe that the Story will change. I think the they destroyed many great characters with HUGE potential and this game and CDPR will suffer in the long run from this. ( because i sure will never trust CDPR again, also because of them lying and hiding things. )
-> Cant bring back the dead. Evelyn is gone, wasted. Jackie? right.. we had our 3 Missions with him.. i guess thats enough to get attached huh..? *sigh..* Gone, wasted.

As much as i love this game or better said, try to love this game.. i cant ignore these things. These are not small things you can just ignore and forget.

Please remember: what i wrote here are my feelings, my thoughts and my opinion. I know that everyone feels different and i respect that.

All part of what is called the development process, it's why i dont really follow games before there released and 100% believe company's should never reveal anything until its ready.

CDPR has noone but themselves to blame for this but you also have a part simply by letting yourself get swept up on the hype train and sail on all its g'lory.

I had zero expectations because i followed nothing and just got on with everything, what i finally got, although buggy, was enjoyable because i simply expected nothing.

Maybe next time ppl let themselves get hyped they'll remember to temper expectation eh

The detective is probably Sobchak, that's one of the 6 non playable "primary characters" in the game files, if anyone is wondering who the hell that is then it's the original name of River Ward, all of River's files including the voice overs are named Sobchak (in the voice overs files River is only mentioned in "sobchak_sq012_river_ward_decorated_f_18efbe9cd73bc000"). Some of the Sobchak/Ward VO files sound like a different voice actor also, and those aren't accessible through playing the game.

The other primary characters are:

Delamain, Johnny, Evelyn, Takemura and Panam.

So sounds legit...

And there might have been more than just those 3 scenrios/stories, for Lady Gaga I would put my money on Evelyn her role was supposed to be much bigger than what we got, Judy is defined as a secondary character in the files but we got more of Judy than we got of Ev.
The primary characters have more complex structure including more rigging to facilitate mocap animation.

Last edited:
What sounds nonsensical about it? I don't know anything about Lady Gaga but Hideo is in the game and the game's main mission revolves almost entirely around Keanu Reeves.
Maybe nonsense was too strong a word, I'm just skeptical, it sounds like something someone would make up on the internet, combining the different rumours of Lady Gaga being in the game and other things like the lifepaths and different character creation options being cut down to make up a story of a perfect sounding game.

I'm sure something along these lines did happen, as in they restarted development of the game and drastically changed ideas, mostly due to wanting Keanu to have a bigger role (or maybe it's the opposite and that was an effect of streamlining the game?). We know for sure RPG elements were cut down just by going off the 2018 footage. This just sounds a little too crazy to be true, especially for a random yt comment. Who knows. DLC will be interesting.

There is something in this game that

he has a point. How do you think Kojima would contribute to the game, he doesn't speak English (he will have to be dubbed) do you think they hire Kojima jus to put his face?
He doesn't have to speak english. That is why we have subtitles. One of the actual game mechanics was suppose to be installing an auto translate implant. But instead of actually having to install it it's just in the game by default.

Having someone speak only their native language could have actually give a lot of immersion.
Post automatically merged:

While this is a lot to take in. The worst part is that it actually could be the case...

Problem is, it would be quite unheard of for a company to admit that they fucked up so much in development and decide to openly update the game to it's original vision.

CyberpunkOldStats.jpg

This post pretty much matches with the old character page from the 40 min 2018 gameplay video.

All part of what is called the development process, it's why i dont really follow games before there released and 100% believe company's should never reveal anything until its ready.

CDPR has noone but themselves to blame for this but you also have a part simply by letting yourself get swept up on the hype train and sail on all its g'lory.

I had zero expectations because i followed nothing and just got on with everything, what i finally got, although buggy, was enjoyable because i simply expected nothing.

Maybe next time ppl let themselves get hyped they'll remember to temper expectation eh
The issue isn't the hype train. The Issue was CDPR stating their promises and not fulfilling them promised officially since 2018 or earlier that this was going to be an advanced RPG with a ground breaking ai that will make the world seem alive and would be completely interactable. The example being that V woke up with a one night stand random npc before meeting jackie after raiding the scavs.

Hmm... I wonder what part of the rumors are facts.

- Bad management, story changes at the last minute ? These seem pretty likely to be true.
- As for the other rumors, well they don't seem like unbelievable. So maybe true, maybe not. We've seen the early character creator and the final version ; the older version presupposed a choice among several major NPCs, which matched with CDPR's goal of having a complex narrative experience rarely seen before, but ended left over. The final game design look clearly confused, indicating that the development went wrong. I can't objectively accept that the game was originally designed to be like this. Too long to explain, and there are tons of people who pointed out what's wrong in details already.

View attachment 11124023
This post pretty much matches with the old character page from the 40 min 2018 gameplay video.
This. Thanks for finding it !

Can we just drop this lame idea of "ppl let themselves get hyped"? What is your point? CDPR had a great reputation before this game came out. People had every reason to believe what they promised and get excited for the game.

Given what we were expecting because of CDPR's marketing and what we got, what we can see for ourselves in the game... it certainly seems true.

I've posted elsewhere I suspected just based on what I experienced in the game that the Silverhand story was likely originally intended to be a side missions.

That was my growing suspicion even AS I was playing. And in that context, it was actually a pretty cool aspect of the story. But then I realized the more I played, that it WAS the story. And that MY story had been pushed aside for his.

That little tidbit alone would have turned me completely off from buying the game. I would have waited for it to hit the Steam bargain page. I was expecting a next gen RPG. What I got was a playable movie script.

The issue isn't the hype train. The Issue was CDPR stating their promises and not fulfilling them promised officially since 2018 or earlier that this was going to be an advanced RPG with a ground breaking ai that will make the world seem alive and would be completely interactable. The example being that V woke up with a one night stand random npc before meeting jackie after raiding the scavs.

Hence i said CDPR brought it on themselves for showing features not ready and prone to cut, hence i said ppl allowing to let themselves be hyped have only themselves to blame, hence i said no company should ever show anything thats based on hope and wishes and instead show 100% in game definitely going to be there features.

I grew tired as much as you and everyone else of seeing trailers, going ffs that looks fucking awesome, then buying the game and realisation sinks in, hence i dont do it, i just stick to the tried an true of recommended of friends/family who share the same taste in games or just go pot luck.

Can we just drop this lame idea of "ppl let themselves get hyped"? What is your point? CDPR had a great reputation before this game came out. People had every reason to believe what they promised and get excited for the game.

Based on what?? 1 game that was also buggy as hell on release or sweet words you lapped up like a good wee dog?

What exactly did CDPR do for you to bend the knee so willingly then raise your sword so angrily in there direction?

Last edited:

Moxy3

Forum regular
Hence i said CDPR brought it on themselves for showing features not ready and prone to cut, hence i said ppl allowing to let themselves be hyped have only themselves to blame, hence i said no company should ever show anything thats based on hope and wishes and instead show 100% in game definitely going to be there features.

I grew tired as much as you and everyone else of seeing trailers, going ffs that looks fucking awesome, then buying the game and realisation sinks in, hence i dont do it, i just stick to the tried an true of recommended of friends/family who share the same taste in games or just go pot luck.

Based on what?? 1 game that was also buggy as hell on release or sweet words you lapped up like a good wee dog?

What exactly did CDPR do for you to bend the knee so willingly then raise your sword so angrily in there direction?

But its not just "hype". There are players who bought this game without getting hyped, just to find out that something is off with the story and the game. They then proceed to use the internet to check out whats wrong and there you go. You found the problem and have the same feelings as the players that got "hyped".

But its not just "hype". There are players who bought this game without getting hyped, just to find out that something is off with the story and the game. They then proceed to use the internet to check out whats wrong and there you go. You found the problem and have the same feelings as the players that got "hyped".

Whats off with the story??

Ppl coming here with no hype but problems due to bugs?? Yes that i 100% agree with because the game is ass on base console an buggy as hell on nigh everything else

But no hype and coming to rage about story?? No, why? Because regardless of what you think the story isn't bad, let me rephrase that, if you play the game and listen, read and explore all your options, you will find the story isnt bad. If you jump from quest to quest gun ho, hardly listening or taking in whats being told to you like its some cod game then yeah its mediocre at worst but still not bad.

My own opinion, sue me

Moxy3

Forum regular
But no hype and coming to rage about story?? No, why? Because regardless of what you think the story isn't bad, let me rephrase that, if you play the game and listen, read and explore all your options, you will find the story isnt bad. If you jump from quest to quest gun ho, hardly listening or taking in whats being told to you like its some cod game then yeah its mediocre at worst but still not bad.

I dont know but sounds to me like you are trying to say that everyone here that complains, complains just because of the story? ive made a small list already whats wrong, you can see it further up.
It also sounds like you are trying to say that everyone that complains didnt play the game. As if we dont pay attention and just rush through everything. I wouldnt be here if that was the case and im sure the others wouldnt be here either.

Top Bottom