cyberpunk is all graphics, melodrama, buggy and no gaming substance

+
CDPR’s mantra of ”story comes first” should really be ”gameplay comes first” from now on.

I completely disagree.

They should have emphasized "story comes first" forces more on putting in more dialog , cut scenes. romances , longer main story.

W3 on easy was fine so is this .

"what you call "gameplay" is just boring filler to me .

Too many games "the division/ destiny anthem/ etc" focus more on " game play " and annoying mechanics with very little effort on story

Stupid mechanics like ohh you have to run over here when this happens then if they do this you have to do this oh and when they do this then you have to run in circles and then jump 3 times, oh and if you stand in one spot to long they will though a nuke at you.

Then there is "level sync" and " balancing . I hope the devs don't change anything with the "balancing" in this game as its more fun and less annoying " for me" when you are completely op and can just push buttons and things die.

So no I think they need to stick with "story comes first" at he level they did in W3 in a perfect world even more than W3

tbh, if you look at whatever is possible in the game right now story/action-wise it's not that much. I do agree on there being a lot of bugs but if you think about it, everything they made is in great detail what this game needs are some polishing and extras. maybe a DLC that makes you able to continue the love stories from after the ending in a new area. or make more options available during side quests, random NPC's you can encounter that u can take certain actions with. u know, make some diversions from the game/storyline itself to make the city feel more alive and interesting.

apart from the things they should add I do think they did a great job on creating what they have so far, keep it up!

I completely disagree.

I don't know.

I can't find it very helpful to simply put all the eggs in the storybasket. One needs gameplay to get those story bits working for the player as well as the time between the story bits. Shit gameplay makes even the best of storytelling feel bad because one has to suffer through it all and force oneself to enjoy the narrative bits.

CDPR knows how to tell stories. It's about time they learned to create good gameplay (and RPG gameplay at that too, which is more difficult to pull off that all those Destinies and Divisions and Anthems and what not).

"what you call "gameplay" is just boring filler to me .

I'm not entirely sure you know what I mean by gameplay, if your given example of it is "run around in circles and jump three times".

But you want interactive visual novels. That I get.

[/QUOTE]
I'm not entirely sure you know what I mean by gameplay, if your given example of it is "run around in circles and jump three times".

I was making fun of "mechanics" in certain games where you have to act in certain way and actively avoid things in order to finish a battle usually boss battle. in my view "mechanic" make battle completely annoying.

whatever happened to making game just for fun and gameplay. Instead cyberpunk is just another big triple a game with pretty graphics, cinematics, endless melodrama about life and how screwed up life is ( as if anyone cares last I checked we play video games to escape the misery of real life not dwell on it while in the game). Not to mention the endless array of glitches, bugs that make the gaming experience at best frustrating, at worse unplayable.

The end result is a disasterous playstation, xbox launch and a class action lawsuit against Projekt Red.

I can see why the wii switch is so popular its because the hardware on the switch is limited so developers are forced to focus on gameplay in order to deliver an enjoyable experience for the gamer. While pc game developers create games for high powered pc platforms and so they waste their time and money on pretty graphics, cinematics, melodrama, and do not even bother with gameplay or stability.

hades on the switch is more fun than cyberpunk 2077 ever was. This is because supergiant games knows what makes a game fun while projekt Red has no clue.

Have you even played the game? CP2077 is ridiculously fun. The only real gripe I have is the driving characteristics. They definitely need improvement.

You are bitching about how you don't care that the game depicts how 'screwed up life is'. You realize the game is called: CYBERPUNK, right? The whole setting is dystopian..

I really believe a new subset of negatron gamer is emerging with this release. Anyone who has a decent rig and isn't amazed at how detailed the world is alone is likely a troll who doesn't even own the game, or just some neckbeard trying to be cool.

Cyberpunk 2077, Just like : 2020; has shown us everything. The entitlement, The ignorance, the lack of experience and applicable knowledge..... it just goes on. This game is is FRACKING AWESOME!!! Folks just mad they don't understand they own systems. I just saw Linus.... just stop bro... you and Unbox Therapy..... all these hurt feelings.... Ya'll still suckle on Hype??? It's 2021 now.... Jesus has been dead for a bit. Bob too. What are ya doin?
Post automatically merged:

If this were Destiny 2..... yo, this play is gonna blow your frackin mind in 2 years.

Just wish I could play this game, literally drunk. Instead, i'm stuck in this enviro, with all this cunt stuff

I feel like everyone seems to forget what other games are LIKE when judging this game.

Compare Cyberpunk 2077 to Skyrim.

Then talk about NPCs and storytelling.

So much this.
Skyrim was like a B movie written by a 4 year old on a napkin. Filled with bland dialog and generic plot.

The thread title reminded me of this, from page 4 of CP2020 core rule book, source material for this game.
Screenshot_20210102_072909_com.adobe.reader.png

CDPR could do a better job on game design side (because it feels like their ambition in this area is on the level of "passable will do"), but not need to bring up all that indie arcade trash and visual novels from Switch as an example.

whatever happened to making game just for fun and gameplay. Instead cyberpunk is just another big triple a game with pretty graphics, cinematics, endless melodrama about life and how screwed up life is ( as if anyone cares last I checked we play video games to escape the misery of real life not dwell on it while in the game). Not to mention the endless array of glitches, bugs that make the gaming experience at best frustrating, at worse unplayable.

The end result is a disasterous playstation, xbox launch and a class action lawsuit against Projekt Red.

I can see why the wii switch is so popular its because the hardware on the switch is limited so developers are forced to focus on gameplay in order to deliver an enjoyable experience for the gamer. While pc game developers create games for high powered pc platforms and so they waste their time and money on pretty graphics, cinematics, melodrama, and do not even bother with gameplay or stability.

hades on the switch is more fun than cyberpunk 2077 ever was. This is because supergiant games knows what makes a game fun while projekt Red has no clue.

I think you misunderstand something here bud bud. 2077 is made after the actual cyberpunk game. Follows it's lines of story telling and sort of dark dystopian future about corporations choking the rest of the world..... maybe you should have researched the ORIGINAL material before you bought something that's not your cup of tea.

Exactly right. I hope CDPR will suck it, take the punches and in time, give us a game we ware hoping for. There is something good in all this though ;) I discovered Assassin's Creed Odyssey a really really fun open world RPG. If only cyberpunk had that level of gameplay, content and decisions...

Can't say I agree with this. I like to escape our real world into another universe, if you will. Cyberpunk is one of the better games laterly that has given me this.
Yes, there's bugs, glitches and crashes and yes, it has impacted the game. But as for the world Cyberpunk gives us, I for one can safely say that it dragged me in it somethin' fierce. over the course of 5 days during the current holidays I've dived into the world of cyberpunk (blacklight and all active behind the TV) and I really felt I left my earthly shit behind for a while.

As for the switch... Seems I'm coming from the other side then, I find it to be a mis purchase.
But ey, to each their own right. Cant all like the same things.

CDPR knows how to tell stories. It's about time they learned to create good gameplay (and RPG gameplay at that too, which is more difficult to pull off that all those Destinies and Divisions and Anthems and what not).
That's it.

The core gamedesign is "okay". There is a lack of imagination though (compared to TW3, this is the same, with cut branches).
They used the base of TW3 and... That's it. Maybe because they underestimated the amount of work to switch from medieval to future, so maybe it's where they took the decision to cut TW3 branches.

And they underestimated 2 other games that CP would be compared to : GTA and Breath of the wild. The first for its modern urban setting, the second for what it brings to open world gamedesign theory.

I just hope it's a "for the release" decision, and that the DLC(s ?) would offer dozens (and dozens) of little different reasons to go to non-missions-related points on the map.

Those lacking "reasons" are the main problem of the gamedesign actually (beside bugs, and IA, and driving).

Last edited:
Top Bottom