Lykaon

+
Building a proper forest

Nice work mate, Ive got question, will You continue making Redkit tutorial videos?

Personally I started working with Redkit once it came out, but studies and work takes all time I could spent on Redkit, so it would be nice to learn again from best when there will be time for Redkit. Your scripting tutorials were good, keep up the good work ;)

I actually didn't do anything, I just brought some talented people together ^^ Most if not all credit goes to Tekoppar, one of the veterans from the Redkit closed beta who often helps me out with stuff I have no clue about. And of course there are some people at CD Projekt who help with Redkit.

Oh, what about all these people from beta? Did they vanish? Ifrit, anybody?
Why they don't show anything?

Yes, but since I am still working on it and I yet have to start voice recordings, I can only say something like "the beginning of next year", but give no date.

For the version with voice recordings. I think it is a better idea if the next release is the full release, so I won't release a version without voice acting before that date. Only for testing purposes.

Noooooo :( Why not release it with no VO when it's ready? I'd much rather play it like that than listen to voices that aren't those of the actors that played the characters in the previous games.

I will also release a version without voice acting, but not before the other version, since I might still do changes. ;)

I don't if you've ever thought about that, but maybe you could use the existing voice acting? My point is, there are hours of Geralt/Dandelion/Triss talking and CDPR have probably even more records, so maybe you could just cut the existing acting, paste it where you need it, sync it and polish it in order to avoid the voices being too flat? I don't know if it's even possible, just my two cents.

I think the problem with this method is that it would

1) not sound very convincing if I cut several words and parts of sentences together

2) it would probably be muuuuuch more work than actually recording it. There's a reason why these youtube guys who make that only make a few minutes every few weeks. I have a lot more than a few minutes. ;)

I think you guys may be surprised of how good some of the voice actors are. I am still amazed. And believe me, I searched for a long time until I found the perfect actors. ;)

Top Bottom