It just does not come together, street cred, clothes, and cars

+
Good day CDPR,

First off, thanks for a fun game set in a fun world, but I think it still needs to come together with some more logical thought to immersion. In terms of the danger that is non-existent, you have to engage it and it does not engage you. The events are locked into the small area they spawn in.

• Cars: First off, I managed to get a new car that is really fast and sexy.
    • GTAV: I pass NPCs they are like, "cool car", they take out phones, it turns heads much like real life.
    • CP2077: Nothing happens no blue eyes, no words, it does nothing you just drive it, it does not make you cool. Nothing about it improves your rep.
    • Then the NPC drivers are docile, no road rage, they only travel in straight lines, so they will wait for an hour until your done with a mission instead of going around. In GTAV, they would hit your car and push around you. This causes massive traffic block up, and I think that is lagging some player's PC.
    • NPC Drivers do not see you on the road, they just drive into you.
    • No cops driving around, no danger from law enforcement, no gangs driving around either.
  • Clothes: Niche, Corp, Neo-Niche
    • The loot system changes your clothes so often you can't keep track of clothes. Buying them is just for stats, not looks.
    • You can't even find legendary crafting items anywhere early. I am more than 20 hours in and none.
    • Clothes should not be armor, armor should be some skin graphs and clothes be stat boosters. I should be able to keep my look forever.
    • The most disappointing it does not add to your street cred at all.
    • NPCs on the road do not care, no one notices you, it gives no semblance of awareness for your effort to wear anything.
  • Street cred: This was hyped up so much
    • It is simply another level to get items from shops it is a progression blocker and nothing more, for no one knows you on the road. There is no, "That's the Merc V", "Is that V?".
    • Even Geralt enjoyed renown for things he did these are little details that could have made the experience even better.
    • The city is full of dynamic events that simply level up your street cred to get to an item.
    • It is all busy work and has no real value other than loot, and the loot has no effect on the world either. For some weapons are so overpowered armor is not needed.
This game has great potential but the mechanics do not tie together, and I cannot see any effect. I would have rather it not have been hyped up so much, for it raised expectations. I think devs are not gamers so they see the mechanics through a lens. Why diminish the key binds? Why is it not customizable to the heart's desire? Bring it together please for right now I am farming the heck out of street cred, and plan to get the best gear before ending the game. I may switch to the hardest level to get it farming faster. From all I said above the most important thing is getting street cred to actually affect the streets, and key binds customizable.

Attachments

• photomode_12122020_032809.png
    photomode_12122020_032809.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 283
I'm with you the city is lifeless which disappointed me heavily because that's what they were promoting in the trailer.A city that was active and you could interact with. Unfortunately what youre asking for proabaly wont be possible such things like that are deep into the game and cant be changed I think.

The clothing is pathetic. It’s the same story as gta online. There is hardly anything sexy to wear and that’s sad considering it’s Cyberpunk. The NPCs can have sexy clothing but we can’t? That’s not right.

I agree. The game is a massive letdown in this.

Take a look at any other game of this type (ones that are considered "old" by this point) like GTA, Saints Row, Sleeping Dogs, WatchDogs... and you see the MASSIVE difference in how NPC's react.

In those games, NPC's on the street will comment on you, either your rep or your looks. Not constantly, but enough to add a nice chunk of immersion.
And they react to what's going on. If you're running, people who see you coming will move out of the way. Others get bumped aside and complain. People react to weapons, they run, take cover. They don't just squat where they are for 10 minutes.

And the traffic AI is INSANELY better than the garbage in Cyberpunk. Cars will honk at obstructions. Most will try to drive around and keep going on their way. Otherwise will actually nudge a car out of the way. Or a person.
Cars have proper driving AI, they don't just follow a straight line along the road and stop dead as soon as they're blocked. And they don't DISAPPEAR when you turn around. Which is pathetic.

And when combat starts, most cars will back away or swerve to race off. Some will have their drivers bail and run away. It's believable.

Cyberpunk has none of that. The world feels completely dead and fake. It 100% destroys immersion.

Cyberpunk2077's Nigh city feels alive and organic... until you step foot in it. Don't get me wrong I loved the game, and that is why I can't help wanting the game to be even better.

It's biggest letdown as mentioned earlier is how that beautiful and living city feel so.. lifeless. Outside of quest there is nothing meaningful to do, there is no interaction with anyone outside of quest, the city's gang never patrol the street, there is no police unless you make a crime, and once you do all you need is drive about a hundred meter to escape.

As mentioned earlier about clothing feeling too limited and I can't help but agree, to me customization is the most important part of a game like this, Clothing shouldn't have an armor value and shouldn't be so hard to find.

- Shops should sell certain clothes style and let you choose what color that clothing is. there is no reason why I should have to save/reload shops to get clothes of the color I want.

- Cybernetics, why is there no body modification that actually matter? I believe enhancing your body should provide armor instead of your clothes, using metal plated bodymod could give you armor and using a light plated one could enhance your speed for example. having one of your arm changing into a shield and the other into a blade would be a great way of going undetected into no weapon zone for example.

- Having a simple barber wouldn't be hard to make, being able to switch hairstyle, beard, tatoo and makeup would already add a lot of freedom.

- Street cred should be separated between each gang, helping each gang could help you gain cred with them and letting you access some of their unique wares and mission, letting you into their rank and fight against the other gang gaining a lot of cred with them at the cost of losing cred with the rival gang.

- Cars.. don't get me started on that.. it's awful no car customization, you can't buy the car you want unless you wait to get the right text message about the car being on sale. At least, let me go on a used car website and choose which car I want and the I'll go and pick it up. There is non boat for sale and there is no plane, no helicopter, no hoverbike... How cool would it be if would ride across the city on a hoverboard like in return in the future!

- There should be mission other way to get mission other than by message text, I really really don't like how you don't get to interact with interesting character and just ear about them through the phone.

It's not like everything is bad like for example, I really like how they made every door [LOCKED] instead of having no interaction like in games like GTA and the likes.

First off this is Night City not Los Santos. No one gives a rats ass about what you drive or who you are unless you're in a Corporation. The NPC's will honk at you and flip you off for blocking them. Ya, it sucks that it can cause a road block but why not be the good citizen and move your damn car out of the middle of the road and let traffic through?

For the rest, CDPR missed the mark of Cyberpunk. They've got the name and the city only from Mike Pondsmiths work but beyond that, it's not Cyberpunk.

Just finished the game and ya, it was a great story. You get really into V's character and his choices and it was a bit of an emotional roller coaster.

First off this is Night City not Los Santos. No one gives a rats ass about what you drive or who you are unless you're in a Corporation. The NPC's will honk at you and flip you off for blocking them. Ya, it sucks that it can cause a road block but why not be the good citizen and move your damn car out of the middle of the road and let traffic through?

Yes, it is Night City where no one gives a damn. Crime rate is already sky high but we will wait for a person to move their car out of our way when we can just move around them like how people do. Goes to show how such basic functions aren't put into npcs.

In all fairness, I must mention that I saw a drive-by the other day - a van with gangsters passed an opposing gang's members who were parked by some diner and turned them into sieves. This is no doubt a scripted event and a one-timer at that which is sad. But the effort is there.

Good lookin' V you got there, OP. Love those Bai Lung glitter tights.
Post automatically merged:

- Street cred should be separated between each gang, helping each gang could help you gain cred with them and letting you access some of their unique wares and mission, letting you into their rank and fight against the other gang gaining a lot of cred with them at the cost of losing cred with the rival gang.

I disagree with this. What you're talking about is a relation system, which I firmly believe should be in-game. But that is different from Street Cred.

Street cred is your overall notoriety, and should not be faction specific. I am happy for street cred to unlock more gigs and provide access to higher tier weapons, cars, cyberware, gigs, etc, but I 100% agree on the clothing thing. As I and other have stated, each non-iconic clothing item should be available for purchase in all tiers, and the tiers should provide mod slots only (white = none, green = 1, etc.). You could gate the tiers with cash and street cred.

Last edited:
Clothes: Niche, Corp, Neo-Niche
  • The loot system changes your clothes so often you can't keep track of clothes. Buying them is just for stats, not looks.
  • You can't even find legendary crafting items anywhere early. I am more than 20 hours in and none.
  • Clothes should not be armor, armor should be some skin graphs and clothes be stat boosters. I should be able to keep my look forever.
You can actually keep your looks forever as long as you know were to buy them. My character wears the same militaristic clothes for 25 levels, with the only difference being that the old blue versions are now purple and have more mod slots. Example, I know what store ''rolls'' my favorite vest scaled to my level so i can visit every few levels and always find the best version of it there. Same for every other piece of clothing that i like.

Armadillo mods are scaled to your level, same for the mod slots, so the system allows to have the best possible armor rating while keeping your favorite look from start to finish.

I said this in another post but the best programming the pedestrians do have is using crosswalks. It's the most realistic crosswalk usage of any game which makes everything else disappointing. It feels weirdly satisfying to wait at a crosswalk with a group of pedestrians while walking around. It's also nice that pedestrians don't scream and run away or try to fight you if you stand around them too long like they do in GTA. The best pedestrian interactions I've ever seen are in Watch Dogs 2 and I hope that someone from CDProjekt takes a page from that book and tries to add more life into the city. Probably not a priority at the moment but maybe down the road.

Ya, the city looks fantastic. They did a good job on that but beyond that? What is this game? There is nothing resembling Cyberpunk or it's world and lore

Good day CDPR,

First off, thanks for a fun game set in a fun world, but I think it still needs to come together with some more logical thought to immersion. In terms of the danger that is non-existent, you have to engage it and it does not engage you. The events are locked into the small area they spawn in.

• Cars: First off, I managed to get a new car that is really fast and sexy.
    • GTAV: I pass NPCs they are like, "cool car", they take out phones, it turns heads much like real life.
    • CP2077: Nothing happens no blue eyes, no words, it does nothing you just drive it, it does not make you cool. Nothing about it improves your rep.
    • Then the NPC drivers are docile, no road rage, they only travel in straight lines, so they will wait for an hour until your done with a mission instead of going around. In GTAV, they would hit your car and push around you. This causes massive traffic block up, and I think that is lagging some player's PC.
    • NPC Drivers do not see you on the road, they just drive into you.
    • No cops driving around, no danger from law enforcement, no gangs driving around either.
  • Clothes: Niche, Corp, Neo-Niche
    • The most disappointing it does not add to your street cred at all.
    • NPCs on the road do not care, no one notices you, it gives no semblance of awareness for your effort to wear anything.
  • Street cred: This was hyped up so much
    • It is simply another level to get items from shops it is a progression blocker and nothing more, for no one knows you on the road. There is no, "That's the Merc V", "Is that V?".
    • Even Geralt enjoyed renown for things he did these are little details that could have made the experience even better.
    • The city is full of dynamic events that simply level up your street cred to get to an item.
    • It is all busy work and has no real value other than loot, and the loot has no effect on the world either. For some weapons are so overpowered armor is not needed.
This game has great potential but the mechanics do not tie together, and I cannot see any effect. I would have rather it not have been hyped up so much, for it raised expectations. I think devs are not gamers so they see the mechanics through a lens. Why diminish the key binds? Why is it not customizable to the heart's desire? Bring it together please for right now I am farming the heck out of street cred, and plan to get the best gear before ending the game. I may switch to the hardest level to get it farming faster. From all I said above the most important thing is getting street cred to actually affect the streets, and key binds customizable.

ALL of this promise was dumped into a bin the minute they got 'Keanu fever' and rushed what amounts to an early build to market in order to change the entire game to accomodate his ego and commercial appeal. We ended up with a 'shell' of a game devoid of what 'might have been' (and was advertised as) a radical departure to established gaming with variable consequences and engaging interaction. Go stand outside the now superfluous and useless blocked gates of what should have been the subway system as one example of dumped creativity sacrificed to the God Silverhand

It's such a shame this game, I love it but then become cross thinking of stuff this game should have and how it could be so much better.

I agree with OP and some others. Nobody reacts to anything and you have not but 5 responses that all treat your V like gutter trash, even if you're 50 street cred level 50, you own the Afterlife and have literally every car in the game.

They also don't care at all if you go out butt naked. This is one of my pet peeves.

They also don't care at all if you go out butt naked. This is one of my pet peeves.
Not like you can even see yourself naked, I mean this is the first time that I see transgender customization in a game like this and once in-game it doesn't even matter since V always wear their underwear...

Spoiler
Why can't we simply build a new android body for V / Silverhand and upload them in it? I mean don't tell me it isn't possible to reupload someone remember the Body takeover in the Arasaka ending and the doll that we interact with in the game?

Personally i buy or craft clothes primarily for looks and secondly for number of mod slots to put stats i want that i have available on. If i can craft it like say Denim shorts at a very low lvl, they shorts can see me fine all throughout the game with just swapping in new mods. While it aint the best system ever, it works, but is in need of tweaks like most things.

Legendary crafting at minimum could unlock at lvl 12 i believe if you pile all points into it at the start, while epic items dont really spawn in vendors until your in your 30's i think and before that well.... Materials are definitely a problem that need sorted and is the one area in crafting that needs looked at but it could be made alot easier just by allowing us to mass convert lower tier components into higher tier with one press of a button instead of, potentially, hours of button presses, one thing i've always got is thousands of low tier components but not the patience to stand for hours converting them

I dont think you'll get much argument from anyone for better AI or more meaningful choices/reactions.

All great points; the game has potential, but a hell of a lot needs to be changed for it to be anything close to what was hyped and promised by CDPR. As it is now, its not a bad game, but its nothing special and has absolutely nothing above what any other average AAA game has, other then the very well done Night City. But a great city without any life and game play mechanics that support it is pointless in the end.

I missed the part where this game is fun. I played 20 hours and uninstalled it. It is a complete waste of time and unfortunately a waste of $60 as well. The original post is correct there really is no excuse for the drivers not reacting to cars blocking their path. Never mind GTA V, drivers could adjust their direction in GTA SA. It has been awhile since I played GTA Vice City but I bet the drivers were better in that game too.

Top Bottom