Hideo Kojima

+
Don't let him make a CP-like game. CDPR should invite him in as a "guest designer", give him a team, the tools, and like 6 months and let him go to town. That would be sick to let CDPR flex the tools and let some heavy weights craft a tale or two.

No.

Metal Gear Solid 5 was honestly much bigger disappointment than Cyberpunk 2077.
Say what you will about Cyberpunk's story and endings, at least it was remotely coherent. Same can't be said about the mess that MGS5 is.

Hideo Kojima's ideas are full of hit and miss, he's definitely not reliable on delivering quality.

I don't like Kojima at all. The last Kojima game that I liked is Metal Gear Solid 1.

In the other games I have always found everything very pompous, pretentious, unnecessarily convoluted ... I only played them because I have a friend who is a Kojima fan who left the games to me. With MGS 4 something inside of me said "enough with this torture".

The last thing I want is to see someone like Kojima in a game like Cyberpunk 2077. In fact, the tribute to Kojima makes me laugh, since at the same time it seems like a mockery of how pretentious and "diva" he is.

No.

Say what you will about Cyberpunk's story and endings, at least it was remotely coherent. Same can't be said about the mess that MGS5 is.

Hideo Kojima's ideas are full of hit and miss, he's definitely not reliable on delivering quality.
Nah. MGS 5 is still way better than the cp2077 we got.

Nah. MGS 5 is still way better than the cp2077 we got.

If that's your opinion, that's fine.

I will admit that MGS5 gameplay is very polished, but that's honestly only polished thing about the game and even that doesn't amount to much because all missions in the game are extremely repetetive and unimaginative. Cyberpunk at least has some missions that are interesting.

If that's your opinion, that's fine.

I will admit that MGS5 gameplay is very polished, but that's honestly only polished thing about the game and even that doesn't amount to much because all missions in the game are extremely repetetive and unimaginative. Cyberpunk at least has some missions that are interesting.
Cyberpunk isnt repetetive? Run here,drive here,steal this, rescue kidnapped person etc. Yeah a couple decent missions. MGS 5 was a huge fuck up(thanks Konami),but its still way more polished and enjoyable to play than...this.

Don't let him make a CP-like game. CDPR should invite him in as a "guest designer", give him a team, the tools, and like 6 months and let him go to town. That would be sick to let CDPR flex the tools and let some heavy weights craft a tale or two.
They should give real modding tool for everyone instead and if Kojima want to do something with it and make a DLC/expansion then why not.

Love Death Stranding btw

Cyberpunk isnt repetetive? Run here,drive here,steal this, rescue kidnapped person etc. Yeah a couple decent missions. MGS 5 was a huge fuck up(thanks Konami),but its still way more polished and enjoyable to play than...this.

I never said there aren't repetitive stuff in Cyberpunk. I literally said there are *some* interesting missions. Side jobs to be specific, they are generally pretty good. Gigs are really boring, I agree.

MGS 5 every mission boils down to: run here, drive here, steal this, rescue kidnapped person etc.

Anyway, this is by the end of the day about personal preference. Ultimately my point is just that Kojima really isn't some heavy weight genius who's going to save this game.

MGSV had excellent and polished core mechanic. As well as amazing visuals that run even on a toaster. But there was no story to motivate you do things in the game. Killing or kidnapping random toons in every mission and re-used locations kill interest really quickly... I get that Kojima wanted to break away from excessive cutscenes and long winded dialogues, but he ended up with nothing to replace those. MGSV sort of lost in concept. It had big ideas, but it was unable to realize good chunk of them and it really felt like we got half a game Kojima wanted to make, but was unable to.

I didn't play Death Stranding, but it just didn't look like anything interesting. Too much self-indulgence.

I never said there aren't repetitive stuff in Cyberpunk. I literally said there are *some* interesting missions. Side jobs to be specific, they are generally pretty good. Gigs are really boring, I agree.

MGS 5 every mission boils down to: run here, drive here, steal this, rescue kidnapped person etc.

Anyway, this is by the end of the day about personal preference. Ultimately my point is just that Kojima really isn't some heavy weight genius who's going to save this game.
I dont think its own devs can save this game. These massive updates for this and next month +the next gen upgrade better bring some serious polish and improvements or this games more than likely dead.

MGSV had excellent and polished core mechanic. As well as amazing visuals that run even on a toaster. But there was no story to motivate you do things in the game. Killing or kidnapping random toons in every mission and re-used locations kill interest really quickly... I get that Kojima wanted to break away from excessive cutscenes and long winded dialogues, but he ended up with nothing to replace those. MGSV sort of lost in concept. It had big ideas, but it was unable to realize good chunk of them and it really felt like we got half a game Kojima wanted to make, but was unable to.

I didn't play Death Stranding, but it just didn't look like anything interesting. Too much self-indulgence.
MGS5 is just rambo simulator for me and I really enjoyed it but yes the story don't make any sense sadly.

MGS5 is just rambo simulator for me and I really enjoyed it but yes the story don't make any sense sadly.
Any MG is Rambo simulator. The story has meat, but it's delivered mostly through audio tapes, which is one of the worst mechanics of the modern gaming. Great cast, but Kojima doesn't do anything with it.

MGS4 plays like CP2077 should. It's basically a third person Deus Ex with so much freedom in terms of how you approach combat and each level. Really lots and lots of options. And it just still looks amazing in the PS3 (!). All Kojima games have a trully optimized engine.
Post automatically merged:

Even though I loved MGS5 and the whole MGS saga history makes sense to me as a whole, specially after watching the missing MGS5 ending (I really love the way MGS4 is cyberpunk ans has nods to a distopyan Starship Troopers like society and the way it criticizes existing proxy wars, great story and great Deus Ex like gameplay), I can really feel how MGS5 is incomplete sadly. Death Stranding is a solid 8 game, nice intriguing story, would make a great movie maybe.

All in all I really liked your opinion about MGS5 : )

Kojima is an awesome artist, but that alone isn't sufficient to make great games as seen with Death Stranding. You also need certain constraints to make great games. As much as you may demonize Konami (and yes, Konami really became a sh*thole at the very least during or before MGSV), you need at least some sense of direction and a direction that actually works.

In that regard, a joint venture may be successful, but him making a game by himself could end up in a catastrophe.

In that regard, a joint venture may be successful, but him making a game by himself could end up in a catastrophe.

I would never want HK to make his own CP game. In fact I am hoping the CP clones don't start popping up left and right anytime soon. HK working as a freelancer at CDPR would be neat. I wouldn't say he or any other "guest designer", shouldn't make a whole new game. Instead I was thinking like an episode. One complete story arc in their own quirky way. Like directors for The Mandalorian. The story and setting are "set", but each director plays with different aspects of it.

He couldn't do what he has done before in the way it was done, because CP2077 is what it is and CDPR are who they are. Hopefully they are thinking hard on what that is. I was also not thinking immediately. Maybe in a year when game has been fleshed out and finished.

Anyways, I find the idea of an outside designer coming in to add to CP2077 interesting.

No.

gameplay wise tho MGSV is top tier stealth gameplay there was so much drama with him and his company I don't think he wanted it released at the time it did.

Yeah no...I used to think that he was talented, but let's be honest here; the man is really only known for a single franchise.
Kojima strikes me as one of those guys who found decent success, and then crawled all the way up his own rear end and now thanks he a genius, when in reality he's nothing without someone sane to keep him tied down. Let the man run wild, and he promises an industry redefining revelation, and delivers one of the most boring games of the decade.

Kojima is just the Japanese Peter Molyneux. There; I said it.

Top Bottom