[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
NG+ would be a really bad idea in this state of the game.

Not as an ng+.

Just as a part of the reward window on the left of the main menu. Where you can find the wold school jacket.

And with crafting recipes, I mean the recipe to craft a special weapon not to earn it in a completepynnew and blank game.

Nobody here has any doubt that penam believes that she will find a cure and we all are absolutely certain that she will do almost anything to help you get it.

That however, does not mean she will be successful. She is not a neurosurgeon or biologist. She is not a a person who deals in neuroinformation... Nobody doubts her dedication but unless she can pull a full biotechnica neuroscience team out of her pocket, the chances for V's survival (especially in time) are not only next to zero.

A character has to be able to do when they say they want to do it in order to be believable.

Intention vs. Possibility

If only the Alcecados had recently set themselves up in an alliance with a biotechnology firm.

It really makes me think that somehow at any point during the entire development process these endings were given the okay by someone. That shows me that things have changed in CDPR so much that I don't want to come back to this game ever again. I'll probably just stick to buying other games on gog. The endings are just so awful, it makes me feel that there was a total lack of interest in how it would make the players feel. It's like they didn't care that the players would feel bad. :giveup:
I mean the game is literally unplayable for many, so obviously they don't care, might as well make the players feel extra bad

As I wrote much earlier in the thread the main story feels massively rushed and mashed together. You could have written a story with Johnny as a predefined character like Geralt. That is kinda the biggest part of the main story you got.

Then you got V's story. You set up Dex, you give him that mysterious 2 year hole and a betrayal and the trouble of Saburos death. Easy set up for a revenge story (or just saving yourself from Arasaka) with branching paths (corp, gangs, 2 year hole, fixers, nomads, NUSA etc.) as potential helpers. This is what the game looks like for the game up to the heist and personally I think it would be a better an easier written story with true RPG potential.

This I agree with. I just finished the game a few hours ago and reminds me on the horse drawing meme - the first part is beautiful then it turns into a crayon drawing. Something similar happened here - Act 1 is fully fleshed out but after that it becomes a lot less interesting and choices seem meaningless.

I guess the side stories got bigger focus and some are indeed amazing - like Panam, Ryder and Judy storylines - but still, I expected something more from the main story too.

In a way it's like W3 where we all went on gobbling up all the side quests and whatnot before Kaer Morhen but difference is, main story still delivered strong AND we could go on after the ending to the DLCs, like B&W.

Who knows, maybe DLCs will fix this too.

Not as an ng+.

Just as a part of the reward window on the left of the main menu. Where you can find the wold school jacket.

And with crafting recipes, I mean the recipe to craft a special weapon not to earn it in a completepynnew and blank game.
Just give us post end game. But that would require V to be certainly alive.

It really makes me think that somehow at any point during the entire development process these endings were given the okay by someone. That shows me that things have changed in CDPR so much that I don't want to come back to this game ever again. I'll probably just stick to buying other games on gog. The endings are just so awful, it makes me feel that there was a total lack of interest in how it would make the players feel. It's like they didn't care that the players would feel bad. :giveup:
At some point, you have to start with the mocap and voice line recordings.
If the script is not ready at this point, the hired actors might not be available anymore. This is not only a problem with Hollywood stars...

All actors doing voice over will have a tight schedule.

I don't say it's guaranteed, but you haven't given me proof that V dies 100%. It's just your argument turned upside down.
If you say that is dissatisfying, what should I say. go ahead then. if you get your refund, you have your money back and won't have paid for anything at all. It's still your opinion.
You aren't arguing that you have proof, you're just arguing against the fact that I said you don't have proof by saying there is no proof, which proves my point you have no proof. Then I say, "okay so there's no proof V lives or dies, but it seems like V dies, but for the purpose of following your logic, the lack of evidence that V lives OR dies, is in fact a cliffhanger, which is awful, and makes cyberpunk2077 essentially a bad tv series that ran out of ideas."

But then you say "I don't say it's guaranteed, but you haven't given me proof that V dies 100%. It's just your argument turned upside down."
You can't have it both ways, or in this case, all 3 ways.
Either V lives, and to convince me you must provide 100% perfect flawless evidence
OR
V dies, and to convince me you must provide 100% perfect flawless evidence
OR
you say that neither of those are true since we don't know, Therefor it is a cliffhanger, which is just as bad, if not worse.

Pick one, and only one. :shrug:

If only the Alcecados had recently set themselves up in an alliance with a biotechnology firm.
It needs to be the best of the best with a special decision for neurology.

A simple biotechnology company that clones and created plant genome might not really have the potential to fix a neurological problem of V's magnitude.

Alt was helpless, arasaka was helpless. If they would have had a cure, they would gladly have tested it on V.

So you don't believe in fortune telling in our world, but you're ready to believe in it when fitted in the technological dystopia a cyberpunk world is. How interesting...

Yeah, suspension of disbelief is fairly important in fiction. We wouldn't accept half of the nonsense that occurs in the Cyberpunk universe without it. Symbolism comes up in mundane stories all the time and dismissing it outright because of its metaphysical nature is ignorant.

It needs to be the best of the best with a special decision for neurology.

A ripper doc working out of the basement of a mystic shop was able to save V the first time around. Arasaka has the resources... they just don't care enough to spend it on a lowly, desperate merc. Making a deal with the devil is usually not in your favor.

Last edited:
So you don't believe in fortune telling in our world, but you're ready to believe in it when fitted in the technological dystopia a cyberpunk world is. How interesting...

She predicts nothing.
She makes nebulous statements that you choose to interpret as predictions.
There is also a wreck of a Star Trek shuttle or the Bridge Keeper from Monty Python's Holy Grail in Fallout 2. So what is the point ?
Lets watch the scene together to see her predictions for the endings, and if they're nebulous like you say. I'll edit in my comments after I'm done watching it.
EDIT: Okay so clearly she doesn't predict in any clear detail if V lives or dies. Just that it's not good.
So, everyone claiming that Misty showed V to live, if you can't show me another video, then that's that.

Congrats on 500 pages guys! Here's to another 500 pages :beer:
Celebrate good times cmon!
500 pages and i have read every single post. Am i nuts?
Depends on which type you are, mixed nuts are the best though. Actually gives some real options. Some real choices that matter. Unlike cyberpunk2077's endings. :giveup:

Last edited:
Nobody here has any doubt that penam believes that she will find a cure and we all are absolutely certain that she will do almost anything to help you get it.

That however, does not mean she will be successful. She is not a neurosurgeon or biologist. She is not a a person who deals in neuroinformation... Nobody doubts her dedication but unless she can pull a full biotechnica neuroscience team out of her pocket, the chances for V's survival (especially in time) are not only next to zero.

A character has to be able to do when they say they want to do it in order to be believable.

Intention vs. Possibility

Thank you for the reply.

I never stated she will be successful anywhere. But I trust Panam the most, because she's probably the only one that doesn't want to fuck you over (non-physical) or misuse you in any way other than asking for help.
I am just assuming, but why do you believe in the Arasaka Corp, which yey they are the inventors of the relic, are to not be trusted and are also not completely successful with the relic itself.
You as V, were a very rare, highly compatible host for the relic. As Yorinobu was for his father.
Alt Cunningham is also noth a GODAI, since she also do make mistakes, which is visible in her not regarding the physical body of V into account.

I wonder why you so much undersell the Nomads so much? If you only know the game, then yes, you might not be able to tell that they are a really powerful faction with indeed powerful allies and knowledge that might compete with the MegaCorps.
It also isn't said, that the cure will be in Arizona nor that the solution is there. But she knows people, that might know people and so on.

So there you are, of course you can go/trust with the options of Alt and Arasaka (which have a high possibility of scheming thing behind your back) or you can go with Panam/Nomads who, despite the losses they made on the way, are like a family to you.

Alt did create an engram of V with Soulkiller... what she needs now is a body with intact DNA. If only we could get the blood sample of V from BEFORE the heist, or maybe just the original genetic data from a data storage and then his body would be cloned, then insert the engram and boom, we have healthy V.

Top Bottom