[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Well, no. That's the bitter part.

A bittersweet ending is one that is mixed in tone. The protagonist and other characters we care about get mixed outcomes, some good and some bad.

Which is exactly what happens in some of the "better" endings in this game.
So where is the sweet part of the ending? V dying in 6 months?
Post automatically merged:

No, the people who are saying V is dead did not understand the ending.

V is not Alt. Alt was severed from her body, V returns to hers.
And then V dies right? :shrug:

No, the people who are saying V is dead did not understand the ending.

V is not Alt. Alt was severed from her body, V returns to hers.
no V doesn't - Johnny silverhand is in your body and gives a huge middle finger to everyone wondering where V is.

He visits her gave!? says he needs to forget about V and live his own life

V only returns to a body - that will reject her psyche - in certain endings.

So where is the sweet part of the ending? V dying in 6 months?

I've posted this many times already and am not going to repeat it again. Feel free to disagree with it, but stop asking me to repeat the same thing on each page.

The sweet = V doesn't immediately die & Johnny is out of V's head. In a couple of the endings a potential cure is teased. In a couple of the endings V is potentially still with their LI. In the Nomad ending V has rejected Night City (the true antagonist of the story) and has found family with the Aldecados.

it´s more like transfering instead of copying. So that would implement its still the original, but i don´t want to open that box again.
In fact, it can be considered as both.
Either some kind of imprint, a save of the character at some point (read Voice of the Whirlwind Written by Walter Jon Williams). This save is stored somewhere and is used to "revive" you.
Or, it can be also seen the way they are advertised in "the save your soul" program : you're copied when you're dying and you're to be re-injected in a sleeve later (Yeah, sounds like Altered Carbon).
In both case, the copy is 100% true to the original when it is made.

I've posted this many times already and am not going to repeat it again. Feel free to disagree with it, but stop asking me to repeat the same thing on each page.

The sweet = V doesn't immediately die & Johnny is out of V's head. In a couple of the endings a potential cure is teased. In a couple of the endings V is potentially still with their LI. In the Nomad ending V has rejected Night City (the true antagonist of the story) and has found family with the Aldecados.
But no cure is guaranteed and V is pretty much going to die in 6 months, and V loses everything, wins nothing.

Where. Is. The. Sweetness.

Where!?

It's the whole star trek teleporter thing where you're always a copy, and the previous copy dies.

Well, actually Star trek is the only counter example of teleporting technology without problem, as it transfer matters.

Problem is you cannot transfer stored data, it's an impossible feat without transferring matter too.

Well, no. That's the bitter part.

A bittersweet ending is one that is mixed in tone. The protagonist and other characters we care about get mixed outcomes, some good and some bad.

Which is exactly what happens in some of the "better" endings in this game.
So.

V dies after 6 months = bitter
Johnny is in cyberhell = bitter
My friends will watch me become a vegetable = bitter
I abandon my friends for one last suicide gig = bitter but at least cool
Rogue dies without significant impact = bitter
Saul dies without significant impact = bitter
Johnny dies without significant impact = bitter
V literally surrenders to arasaka = bitter
V is a pawn for arasaka = bitter
V is a hunted terrorist = bitter
V does not become a legend and serve the last days as a merc it becoming famous = bitter
V goes to cyberhell = bitter
Johnny gets crap for stealing V's body = bitter
Johnny becomes a depressed person = bitter

I big but useless house = indifferent
Riding a tank = cool
Some Sex before death = sweet
Faint hope to find an ominous cure = more cruel than sweet.

Did I miss something?

There is plenty of it.

V isn't facing immediate death and Johnny is finally out of their head. Both the Nomad ending & the one where V is a Night City legend tease a potential permanent cure as well.
There is no cure and game says this explicitly. The devs posts just proves this.

the game was meant to end like this with mid game dlcs.
For those folks that would like to stay in NC there was CP77 MP in the making that was expected to hit the shelves once the last dlc was released.

Story of CP77 was always to end in this fashion.

They played themselves in the end tho.
With badly optimized game, lacking in gameplay activities those endings will just serve as a last nails to the coffin.

Top Bottom