[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
In the post above. Refer back to it if you need to.
Read it, there's no sweetness. No real positivity to any of the endings of cyberpunk.
It's like someone wants to feed me icecream with a !@#$ covered spoon. It doesn't matter how good the icecream is, I'm either eating !@#$ or eating icecream with my hands and making a huge mess or I'm giving up and letting it all melt away, but nobody gets good clean proper icecream, nobody gets a clean spoon, and it's the wrong flavor anyway. :mad:

So.

V dies after 6 months = bitter
Johnny is in cyberhell = bitter
My friends will watch me become a vegetable = bitter
I abandon my friends for one last suicide gig = bitter but at least cool
Rogue dies without significant impact = bitter
Saul dies without significant impact = bitter
Johnny dies without significant impact = bitter
V literally surrenders to arasaka = bitter
V is a pawn for arasaka = bitter
V is a hunted terrorist = bitter
V does not become a legend and serve the last days as a merc it becoming famous = bitter.

I big but useless house = indifferent
Riding a tank = cool
Some Sex before death = sweet
Faint hope to find an ominous cure = more cruel than sweet.

Did I miss something?
:ROFLMAO: wow.

How do you transfer a physical state of matter?
Cause that's what a stored data is (including biological stored data).
it´s the psyche that is transfered, that means your thoughts, feelings, etc.. So as I understand what makes you you is transfered out of your body for the sake of getting a new body or in this case to put it back in. That´s what is meant when they talk about the relic when go in the elevator after saving Sandra Dorsett mission. They say that the relic is a way to immortality, because it can transfer your "soul" in new bodies, when the current body is about to die. Of course i could be wrong, but that´s how understand it.

it´s the psyche that is transfered, that means your thoughts, feelings, etc.. So as I understand what makes you you is transfered out of your body for the sake of getting a new body or in this case to put it back in. That´s what is meant when they talk about the relic when go in the elevator after saving Sandra Dorsett mission. They say that the relic is a way to immortality, because it can transfer your "soul" in new bodies, when the current body is about to die. Of course i could be wrong, but that´s how understand it.
I think this could maybe be seen in both ways actually, that it is still the original, but also a copy.

V has six months to live & a cure is teased in a couple of the endings.
There is no cure. Neither real nor teased.
I would dare some guess here :
The run on the space station may be orchestrated by the AIs (and / or Alt) to gain access to the Engrams stored there. The "reward" for V. would be some access to cloning labs and a possibility to be downloaded in a new body.

The nomads have absolutely no power to sway any corp to share some high tech (possibly black or prototype) with them to save a no-one like V.. V. is a goner.

I've posted this many times already and am not going to repeat it again. Feel free to disagree with it, but stop asking me to repeat the same thing on each page.

The sweet = V doesn't immediately die & Johnny is out of V's head. In a couple of the endings a potential cure is teased. In a couple of the endings V is potentially still with their LI. In the Nomad ending V has rejected Night City (the true antagonist of the story) and has found family with the Aldecados.
in ONE of SIX endings.
one ending you have spent time after surgery in space and very mentally deficient V is sent back to earth (very limited time left)
ONE ending V dies and engram stored in space mikoshi
In TWO endings V is dead and johnny has second life as V merges with AI ALT and goes beyond the blackwall, just V's engram a part of ALT and goes beyond
In ONE ending V is dumb, gets dumped, and makes suicide attack on a space station instead of spendng their time with SO and looking for cure. A penthouse condo and flying car aren't cheap you know.

ONE ending has the bittersweet and hope you reference.. ONE

If Nomad ending is the only “happy” ending V gets access to, why do straight female Vs and gay male Vs get dumped, with no comparable ending in Night City? What’s the moral bittersweet life lesson there? Only people named Panam and Judy are good life partners or what?
wow.... :giveup:
Post automatically merged:

V die the moment it is struck be soulkiller, anything after that is only a copy of V.
I think this is true, I think.
Post automatically merged:

There is no cure. Neither real nor teased.
I would dare some guess here :
The run on the space station may be orchestrated by the AIs (and / or Alt) to gain access to the Engrams stored there. The "reward" for V. would be some access to cloning labs and a possibility to be downloaded in a new body.

The nomads have absolutely no power to sway any corp to share some high tech (possibly black or prototype) with them to save a no-one like V.. V. is a goner.
cool theory.

Problem is "transfer" of a stored data doesn't exist, it is only possible to copy then erased.
V engram is a perfect copy of V, but not V himself.

in ONE of SIX endings.
one ending you have spent time after surgery in space and very mentally deficient V is sent back to earth (very limited time left)
ONE ending V dies and engram stored in space mikoshi
In TWO endings V is dead and johnny has second life as V merges with AI ALT and goes beyond the blackwall, just V's engram a part of ALT and goes beyond
In ONE ending V is dumb, gets dumped, and makes suicide attack on a space station instead of spendng their time with SO and looking for cure. A penthouse condo and flying car aren't cheap you know.

ONE ending has the bittersweet and hope you reference.. ONE
Can you even say that this one and only ending really has any real hope at all? I highly doubt that.

So.

V dies after 6 months = bitter
Johnny is in cyberhell = bitter
My friends will watch me become a vegetable = bitter
I abandon my friends for one last suicide gig = bitter but at least cool
Rogue dies without significant impact = bitter
Saul dies without significant impact = bitter
Johnny dies without significant impact = bitter
V literally surrenders to arasaka = bitter
V is a pawn for arasaka = bitter
V is a hunted terrorist = bitter
V does not become a legend and serve the last days as a merc it becoming famous = bitter
V goes to cyberhell = bitter
Johnny gets crap for stealing V's body = bitter
Johnny becomes a depressed person = bitter

I big but useless house = indifferent
Riding a tank = cool
Some Sex before death = sweet
Faint hope to find an ominous cure = more cruel than sweet.

Did I miss something?
it gets better...
Wastes 3 months getting money for penthouse and flying car to only get dumped - bitter
Johnny silverhand ghosting all of V's friends so they never learn V's fate - not even im sorry to let you know V died and passed beyond, etc, etc - bitter
(all those friends calling wondering why V doesnt even say hi to them)
V as near vegatable who cant figure out a 4 color rubix cube - bitter
V stuck in mikoshi hell - bitter

Reading all the posts...

The ending is dark, it is. But, you know what could have made the ending better?
Having a more interactive, complete open world. And don't take me wrong, despite the ending made me feel super sad, i would still buy the game and play it.

How could this be a better game? Making the path, the most interesting thing. Eventually you run out of quests, and you are continuously forced into the main story. At least make that path a lot more interesting, give us more choices, consequences.

If the end is inevitable, at least go out in flames.

it gets better...
Wastes 3 months getting money for penthouse and flying car to only get dumped - bitter
Johnny silverhand ghosting all of V's friends so they never learn V's fate - not even im sorry to let you know V died and passed beyond, etc, etc - bitter
(all those friends calling wondering why V doesnt even say hi to them)
V as near vegatable who cant figure out a 4 color rubix cube - bitter
V stuck in mikoshi hell - bitter
absolutely awful and sad.

It's the whole star trek teleporter thing where you're always a copy, and the previous copy dies.
Actually is another plothole. It is explained that the conscience part remains, when you go to Mikoshi, you connect and wake up in the elvator, meaning your conscience uploading to the system.
What isn't sure is the soul part, if an enagram is still a person, or just data, etc. You can argue that with Johnny and Alt.

BUT
Then Arasaka ending goes brrrr:
Saburo is dead, but there is a copy in Mikoshi, so they didn't killed him when the enagram was made, so the whole soulkiller thing doesn't make sense.
Shards along Arasaka basement tell that the enagram thing doesn't works always at 100%, can fail, also that there are many copies of a single person depending of how much they pay.
Lizzy Wizzy quest explains that her manager got her scanned and there is an enagram of her in Secure Your Soul, but she is still alive.
And regarding of the chrome pop-star, she sucided in stage, and Trauma Team manage to revive her with full boy replacement with cyberware, why can't that be done to V?

So in the same game, in the same universe, the conscience goes with the enagram or dissapears depending of the writer needs.

Top Bottom