is there ANYTHING that helps with driving?

+
It wouldn't hurt to have a description of car:

1. Max Speed
  2. Control
  3. Acceleration
  4. Etc
I feel i have a lot of cars, with different specs but dunno what those are if not by trial and error. It doesn't even make sense that big cars move as fast in the beginning as small ones.

I find that braking with the trigger and also using the handbrake helps with turning.

There is a mod, give it a try

Otherwise there are like 2 cars and 2 bikes I find reasonable to use - otherwise you really are just not supposed to drive fast in the city.. which is .... add to the list of shit things in the game

Who would've thought driving fast in a crowded city wouldn't be the best idea... ever gone 200mph in your city's downtown core or tried to drift a sharp corner at 100mph IRL? I'm gonna go with no, because it would be ludicrously stupid and you'd crash within minutes. The driving in this game is fine, it's not great like a dedicated racing game but it does the job.

Who would've thought driving fast in a crowded city wouldn't be the best idea... ever gone 200mph in your city's downtown core or tried to drift a sharp corner at 100mph IRL? I'm gonna go with no, because it would be ludicrously stupid and you'd crash within minutes. The driving in this game is fine, it's not great like a dedicated racing game but it does the job.
A- This is not mph, this is kph.
B- L-turning at 90 kph in the apex is easy with any sportcar. You're at 65 kph in a U-turn.
C- SUV doesn't make stoppies.

Last edited:
I decreased the sensitivity in the game's file settings and that fixed it for me for the most part. I just purchased the Mizutani Shion MZ2 so getting used to it, way more kick than the car you start with. If you go to InputUserMappings, ctrl-f, type VEHICLES until you get to the steer left and right sensitivities you can change them so vehicles are easier to control. I changed the setting to -0.7 and 0.7 from -1.0 and 1.0.

The cars are very light, judging how easily they get off the ground. It's annoying and really unrealistic.

@Tiger667
I'm not sure it's a problem of ligth/not ligth.

There is 4 problems I see, some of them have easy fixes:

A
For cars flying around, I think the center of mass is placed :
- way to high
- in terms of front/rear, not where it should be (in a point between the engine's center of mass / middle of the vehicle).

B (then C)
For cars' stability, it's a matter of sensitivity of inputs (direction have to be nerfed, brake should be changed as a whole, accel should be boosted a little).

C (from B)
There's an issue with grip. Car get superhero grip on accel and brake, but not in curves. This means their left/rigth mass transition engine is not accurate. I think it's related to the direction of the input instead of the car model : for exemple push left, then weigth of the car is instantly 100% left. There is lag in reality, because transfert of mass is damped by the suspension.

The car should evacuate mass transfert energy to the tires, and their tire model isn't good. They alway grip 100% (in city roads), when they should grip something like from 100% in neutral transfert to gradually like 70% if a mass threeshold is overpassed, with lag.
When their cars transfert to much mass in the left for exemple, the car have tendencies to 2-wheeling, like if the grip was only calculted with outer wheels. Then it loose either front or rear tirer due to front/rear weigth transfert then it's a spin around the last wheel that grips.

D
Collision models have to be re-though or adjusted a little. I think collision boxes of all cars should collide until say 50cm under the ground, but they should have no interaction with the ground.
Cars should have double collision boxes (one for the accidents, one for the handling) and not just one, like 99% of other sprites in videogames.

Driving shouldn't have passed QA, honestly.
Post automatically merged:

The game takes place in America, it's mph.
Yeah, and distances are in meters because America ?

Last edited:
In first person view, whether in your cars or riding in someone's, some of the cars display mph by the speed on the dashboard.
1000m @ 100kph takes 36s
1000m @ 100mph (or 160.9kph) takes 22.37s.

(I'm lazy to chrono that ingame : it should be easy, find a straigth line, apply a nav point in the end, use a controler and by the moment you have 100kph, look at the distance and remove 1000m for the end, try to stay at 100 speed with the controller. If your time is near 36s then it's kph, if your time is near 22.4 then it's mph. If your time is completly something else, then they botched speed units aswell).

We have to keep in mind though, this is CP2077. My dash saying mph as the measurement should be taken with a grain of salt lol.

We have to keep in mind though, this is CP2077. My dash saying mph as the measurement should be taken with a grain of salt lol.
I say it's kph due to "sensations", but I'm not even sure it's kph aswell. It may aswell be royal navy miles per hour, or inch per hour, I don't really know.

I will test this to be sure, but I'm lazy atm (i don't have something counting seconds near me, and my phone is a windows phone antiquity with about 6.5 app).

I find that applying real world logic to the driving did help significantly, but it is slightly floaty still.

I am using arrow keys (not WASD) and getting pretty good at motorcycle handling now, racing around Night City and not often crashing out. This took some practice. I am also using one of the nexus sourced Better Driving mods which improved things a little. Mostly it is practice and 'thinking about it' with a little 'use The Force' thrown in...

I've not tried cars yet as I think all the cars are utter rubbish designs, lumbering ugly heaps or bland looking (where are the beautiful sports convertibles?) Bikes allow you to escape jams, navigate the occasional sidewalk at speed without chaos or NPC slaughter, and of course find a place to park without a dozen dumb bozos creating gridlock behind you if you are 1cm into the street.

There are mods that tweak driving, making it somewhat similar to GTA style driving (although not the same)
Personally it feels too slow for me
This ^ There are other presets however afaik.
naybe for the sporty car, my small car became more difficult to handling with the mod installed :D

Top Bottom