YT post about game development

+
Where I can find that info? I would like to check it out.

Btw, people, people, apparently you don't understand. If the article is not true then it is even worse than you think. In that case they had 3-4-5 years to make the game evidently without any disruption.
So again - if the article is not true and there were no such disruptions as described is that all they can pull out? That quality with straightforward development? Why is it in such bad shape then? Think about that.
Exactly I wish its true, that way we at least know that this is not the game they wanted to release and that all those ideas and features content (at least part of it) is there somewhere and its a possibility we will see some of it in the game down the line

Where I can find that info? I would like to check it out.
Jason Shreier confirmed the info. I'm not gonna search it, it was posted multiple times here in the past. Just google it. Autumn leaks about crunch.

Btw, people, people, apparently you don't understand. If the article is not true then it is even worse than you think. In that case they had 3-4-5 years to make the game evidently without any disruption.
So again - if the article is not true and there were no such disruptions as described is that all they can pull out? That quality with straightforward development? Why is it in such bad shape then? Think about that.
Nothing "worse" about it. Even if they had "3-4-5" years, it's still a daunting task. Plus, as the legit leak claims, they started assembling the game only in 2019 and devs complained that it's simply unrealistic to finish the game in 1 year, since the date was announced for 2020. For some reason high management announced this unrealistic deadline and claimed that they have a working build, which was barely an alpha in 2019 and the only thing they need is to clean it from bugs. Which is clearly not true.

Jason Shreier confirmed the info. I'm not gonna search it, it was posted multiple times here in the past. Just google it. Autumn leaks about crunch.

And what does Jason Shreier know about developing video games? Has he ever done it, has he coded, designed, rigged, tested, deployed, maintained? Has ever done anything related to developing a SW product? Or has he just spoke with someone and got an opinion from some individual on a team of 100s of people?

If there was 1.5 years of development required, how does he know this. Is this for feature release, all the "bugs" to be fixed, did he look at a product backlog, or a schedule, or again is this someones opinion?

And what does Jason Shreier know about developing video games? Has he ever done it, has he coded, designed, rigged, tested, deployed, maintained? Has ever done anything related to developing a SW product? Or has he just spoke with someone and got an opinion from some individual on a team of 100s of people?

If there was 1.5 years of development required, how does he know this. Is this for feature release, all the "bugs" to be fixed, did he look at a product backlog, or a schedule, or again is this someones opinion?
As a journalist with actual sources among devs, which can, you know, share their inside knowledge and express their opinions on the matter? I wonder...

As a journalist with actual sources among devs, which can, you know, share their inside knowledge and express their opinions on the matter? I wonder...

So is that what media does now? They share opinions among a small number of employees? What gets me when I see comments like this is really a take more on journalism then anything else, but this is a disservice to truth. It seems like there is no hard data (bugs, features, capabilities in backlog, or schedule). And they did not do a statistically sound survey either, which most companies do to determine the actual statistical relevance behind actual concern in the work place. There are actual companies that specialize in anonymous surveys with actual meaningful data. But no... Jason has spoken, and therefore it must be true, even though he has no idea how to make a game, develop or deploy a software product, understands the first iota of the software lifecycle and how to manage it, and does not know how to take statistical meaningful data on companies concern areas on employee engagement and happiness. I'm sorry, but Jason Sheier is no more of a verification of truth than any other person on this forum.
Post automatically merged:

Originally, the game was supposed to resemble very much the Witcher 3 (we were supposed to play with a detective known from the first trailer, the game was supposed to have a first-person and third-person view, be dark, and the main storyline was supposed to talk about the conspiracy of the corporation with the government connected with the plague of cyberpsychois.

I recall the moment I saw this trailer for the first time. Saying this as a bit of a fanboi, but the feeling I got from that trailer is very different from the experience in the game today. I think this is one of the perils of announcing a title too early, and, IMO reminds a lot of FO4, in when playing the game I feel that there were some course corrections in design and story along the way. Of course I am totally speculating.

Last edited:
Do you prefer a statement from CDPR public relations department? Those people surely reveal the true insight about development... LOL

I don't actually. As a customer I expect a product in the form of a video game, that's it. Whether I buy a second product from CDPR based of my past, should be a personal decision, but with C77, I feel so many outside influences on this kind of decision. OTOH, I really believe it's up to companies to manage their development of their products and do what's right for employee engagement. I believe government establish labor laws and as a result anything legit in terms of unlawful employee practices has a much easier way to be reported via HR, and other organizations. Finally, I believe the media has a history of distorting facts, and pushing agendas. Finally as someone that works in a different field with similar technologies, I am personally upset that people like Jason Sheier trivialize things they have very little understanding of, and what it takes to manage a company yet another thing I don't believe he has ever done.

It's unbelievable how many people are complaining about a story they never even seen or know anything about but it's the story, right? It was just concepts more than anything. on top of that, all footage of the game had disclaimers on them stating that none of this footage represents the actual game and may change.

So is that what media does now? They share opinions among a small number of employees? What gets me when I see comments like this is really a take more on journalism then anything else, but this is a disservice to truth. It seems like there is no hard data (bugs, features, capabilities in backlog, or schedule). And they did not do a statistically sound survey either, which most companies do to determine the actual statistical relevance behind actual concern in the work place. There are actual companies that specialize in anonymous surveys with actual meaningful data. But no... Jason has spoken, and therefore it must be true, even though he has no idea how to make a game, develop or deploy a software product, understands the first iota of the software lifecycle and how to manage it, and does not know how to take statistical meaningful data on companies concern areas on employee engagement and happiness. I'm sorry, but Jason Sheier is no more of a verification of truth than any other person on this forum.
If random unverified forum or reddit posts are equal to scoops by Shreier and other guys with contacts... Though it's not the first time some people try to dismiss him.

If random unverified forum or reddit posts are equal to scoops by Shreier and other guys with contacts... Though it's not the first time some people try to dismiss him.

I certainly am not trying to come across unbiased with respect to the game media, however, I am dismissing him because of my knowledge in SW management, employee engagement practices and trying to deploy SW. I feel like game media is one of the few areas, where people that write on the subject have very little credentials in the field. They don't speak from a place of personal experience, or honest empathy.

Furthermore, once upon a time, during the development of an Infinity Engine game, a developer reached out to me, on no more grounds than I was a forum participant that lived in the same city, we discussed the game that he was working on. Like I said, an employees reaction, or complaints are not journalism, and are not worthy of breaking news. Instead, statistically validated feedback from companies that specialize in employee engagement, HR matters, and happiness would be more relevant to systematic problems in this industry and specific companies. Not saying they don't exist, just saying I haven't seen data or facts.

Last edited:
It's unbelievable how many people are complaining about a story they never even seen or know anything about but it's the story, right? It was just concepts more than anything. on top of that, all footage of the game had disclaimers on them stating that none of this footage represents the actual game and may change.
Oh not this again ... The work in progress doesnt mean you can show and lure people to buy a certain game only to gut it completely out and in two years release a game which doesnt include even half of the features and content originaly teased and based on many players decided to buy or take interest in the game. Work in progress Is really not an excuse for this.

Not to mention the actuall CDPR statements about content and features not present in the game, stated only less then a year (in few cases even few months) before release [...].

So please spare me of this blah blah game Is fine blah blah Its your fault you were overhyped nonsense.
Post automatically merged:

I have found another very interesting rumour about a game, its only a rumour and nothing of it could be true, but if it is true thats some really great news. God I wish its at least partly true!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a repost of a comment at yt about the game development:

Don't worry. There is a good chance that these mechanics appear during the year, because they were created, but they were cut out before the game premiere. After the premiere, a lot of facts and stories about the game's production started to be revealed. It seems to me that this information does not reach the English-speaking media, but there is a lot of it in the Polish language.

The most important ones are: The game has been developed since 2012. Originally, the game was supposed to resemble very much the Witcher 3 (we were supposed to play with a detective known from the first trailer, the game was supposed to have a first-person and third-person view, be dark, and the main storyline was supposed to talk about the conspiracy of the corporation with the government connected with the plague of cyberpsychois.

In 2016 the scriptwriter was changed and despite the advanced work on the game (which was to come out in 2017 at the latest) the whole game was deleted and started again. The new scenario was much more complex and soon it turned out that the used game engine is not able to work properly with such an advanced game. In 2016 the whole game was rewritten for the new engine. In 2018 the acting sessions for the game were already in progress. The game assumed that the scenario will look completely different depending on the choice of gender, character orgin, and the result of the mission with the chip. It was supposed to be 18 different games! Each scenario had its own missions, unique characters and locations. For example, the results of a mission with a stolen chip depended on whether Jackie dies and it is the V who will implant the chip, Jackie will survive and it is he who will implant the chip, or maybe we will tempt the corporation and give the chip back and Jackie will survive but be our enemy. Each of these three scenarios had its own narrator.

One of them was Johnny Silverhand. Keanu Reeves liked the script so much that he asked for a bigger role for his character. As a result, the whole story was rebuilt and the other two narrators were thrown out of the game. One of them was definitely supposed to be Hideo Kojima. The other one was probably Jackie. We also know that in one of the scenarios the character played a huge role of Lady Gaga (it is possible that she was to be the third narrator).

As a result of additional work (an important factor was the employment of people with no experience in managerial positions, who with their stupid ideas sabotaged the work of programmers) many advanced gameplay mechanics were neglected. In mid-2019 it became obvious that the game will not be ready by 2020. It was therefore decided to cut out further storyline elements such as: storyline threads regardless of gender, an advanced system of relations with gangs, characters about corporations, 8 hours of prologue, which was summarized into a film interlude, and which explained the rules of the world to the player, built a tower with characters, and taught the mechanic.

In early 2020, all versions of the game were full of bugs, plot inconsistencies and mechanics that were not working, and the game itself was unoptimized. The postponement of the first release was only to cut out more missions and mechanics such as: advanced AI of drivers, opponents and police, crowd AI, advanced model of environmental damage and vehicles. The following were thrown out of the game a year earlier: train driving, flying vehicles, floating vehicles, running on walls, and vehicle tuning mechanics were not even started.

Now we know that all forces have been directed to fix the bugs by stopping work on two role-playing additions. It is possible that CDPR will add removed mechanics and feature content as free DLC. Most of these things are partially done and need only be fine-tuned. It would be a shame to throw away so much work, especially since releasing the deleted content would restore CDPR's reputation among players.

I dont know if this is true, but if yes its acutally much more sad and dissapointing how this game turned out.... What do you think?

Edit: Source is this video

The first comment
TroopperFoFopřed 1 týdnem
1:36 CD Project Red fans after the games release.

It was replied by the guy named orkako, and the comment is now deleted.
Honestly, even if true, this sounds like the same development process as many, many large entertainment projects. Huge ambitions get changed and cut, cut, cut as you determine what works and what does not work, what is achievable in the time frame, etc. For a simple example, think Back to the Future, which was intended to feature a nuclear explosion as the device needed to power the DeLorean back to 1985.

The problem is that this was happening while the game was already being marketed instead of sitting behind closed doors. They trapped themselves.

I would like to point out, since this got necroed, that the comment this whole thread is based on was never linked. Instead, it had been deleted by the time the OP would have linked or shared it.

the fact that they have reworked the story is not a bad thing because the story of the chip inside V is interesting. the big problem is that the game (main story and big side quests) is too short. all the big characters (jackie, evelyn, kerry, panam, judy etc) would have deserved much more quests with V, that would have made their friendships or love more real and their losses for some stronger. in my opinion this is what really lacks this CP2077.

the peralez cut arc is also absurd

Top Bottom