Dev leaked info ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keanu's wish to be more involved in the story is more true by the day but if I was a head working on the game I would have kept to the vision and told Reeves that we could add more lines and scenes with him but he still wouldn't be the main focus of the game
The actor has no right to shoehorn themselves into the story its a very unprofessional thing to do and would even get you fired on the spot ,the only thing they have a say in is how their character would behave or react depending on the script ,even then its up to the director to decide how to execute it ,saying that Keanu forced himself to make the story revolving around him is a huge claim that could cost him his whole career ,all the sources for this info are from youtubers and hater fiction comments and nothing beyond that

Well the part of sutff being in the game files is true...tring to mod the game and the files are in fact there...

The actor has no right to shoehorn themselves into the story its a very unprofessional thing to do and would even get you fired on the spot ,the only thing they have a say in is how their character would behave or react depending on the script ,even then its up to the director to decide how to execute it ,saying that Keanu forced himself to make the story revolving around him is a huge claim that could cost him his whole career ,but sadly all the sources for this info is for youtubers and hater fiction comments and nothing beyond that
I imagine that the extra stuff he asked to do is why he has so many throw away one liners in different gigs and quests. I doubt the story dramatically changed.

The actor has no right to shoehorn themselves into the story its a very unprofessional thing to do and would even get you fired on the spot ,the only thing they have a say in is how their character would behave or react depending on the script ,even then its up to the director to decide how to execute it ,saying that Keanu forced himself to make the story revolving around him is a huge claim that could cost him his whole career ,all the sources for this info are from youtubers and hater fiction comments and nothing beyond that

Not to mention Keanu is a generally very wholesome dude. Trying to force devs to include more of him and change the story to his liking simply doesn't sound like him.

I don't even think Keanu forced the devs to change the whole game direction himself though. They probably hired him to read the script and play the few parts they wrote for him. Keanu liked it so much and told them that he would like to play a bigger part or have more lines and scenes in and the head team took that as a challenge to rework what they previously planned to put him in the sole spotlight. Again this is just something I am speculating, it would make sense and I doubt Keanu is to blame for any changes made during development, he was just a fan like the majority of us and wanted more.

Not to mention Keanu is a generally very wholesome dude. Trying to force devs to include more of him and change the story to his liking simply doesn't sound like him.
This rumor about Keanu is just turning into a chienese whisper at this point. It started with a gossip by Keanu offering to do more, and we are at the point where we are discussing him shoehorning himself into the game. What?
Guys just chill...

Before we start another discussion based on anonymous comments that noone ever saw except OP - please provide link to sources of your claims.

Can't find original source or what the name of the dev was, but looks like multiple media sources have picked up the story and quotes. leading to some Credence to it being an official source.

Likely this, and to be taken with a grain of salt:

This looks believable to my dumb layman's eyes, but who knows. I don't doubt the game is as butchered as this alleged dev says, it's pretty obvious. However, having a "complete and intended game" by june sounds a bit too good to be true.

Better not get my hopes up, I'll side with caution for now.

Guest 4402625

Multiple media picking up on it doesnt mean anything.

Multiple media also ran the story about a shipping container full of 3080s, without ever looking into and realising it was a joke post.

Games media and journalism is loaded with bad actors who push content for clicks and likes.

Have any of the reputable ones come out and said theyve vetted and verified who it is yet?

Clearly you didn't read the article I used the exact words of the leaker.
If you gonna pick out one line from context and even edit it, then you didn't use exact words in an earnest intention.

"Series X was a mere rewrite of code and load orders. Next-gen's architecture is actually very good for ports. It's company policy to release when a game runs without debug hitches and the reason why it did baffles me and is the reason why I started this thread. It's a mix of hubris and deep incompetence from some big names around here. I'm going home for the holidays and really thinking about my friends who will be in the office for the next couple months redoing scrapped work without being able to say "I f***ING TOLD YOU!!!"

Well if rumors are true, he also wasnt meant to be such a prominent character either.

Mike Pondsmith said the story was always about him and Alt so I tend to trust him unless they feel like trolling a classic godfather of gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom