Dev leaked info ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Likely this, and to be taken with a grain of salt:

A big grain of salt.

Sounds like there might be truth to it, but also a bit too convenient.

I'd like to hear an explanation on what was the "original" plan that was in place at 2018? I can't really get overly excited about tons of new dialog (knowing how dialog works) and a sewer system.

Aren't these fixes going to be free for those with the game? I don't see the point in worrying about it much if so. And if they're not free they can preemptively knock 1 sale off their projections :).

In terms of rebuilding trust by "fixing" the game... Yeah, uh, that ship has sailed. They can fix whatever they want. I'd appreciate it greatly. They still fucked up. I'll remember it like I remembered Rhaegal getting a rushed, poorly thought out, raw deal in GoT.

I'm not sure what we are discussing at this point. I agree that the release was a calculated risk. Which in a way payed off short term. But the long term consequence is more serious.

I was simply saying that these "leaks" were meant to be a PR stunt for damage control, then in my eyes they do the opposite of damage controlling. It tarnishes the company's name even further.

They are bashing the corpos because that's what makes it seems to be a "leak". This and several other "leaks" passed unnoticed by the official PR team, despite of what people say about it, which is very strange, don't you think?

"Leak" don't promisse a single thing, doesn't carry any responsability, nobody know where they came from, as people can't say if they are true or not. Yet, the company may collect feedback from consumers by reading this forum and data from other places (reddit, youtube, and so on).

The other thing is to sell this "developers X corpos" narrative inside CDPR (which we don't know if it's really true or not) to keep players from bashing the developers, but ready to comprehend and even buy a future DLC "for the developers, not for these filthy corpos of CDPR" (even if they're giving the money to the "evil" company).

As long as money is entering the cash register, it doesn't really matter. It's a "leak", have to sound like a "leak", because if it was "official", this manouver would be obvious. Look at what happened to real leakers (that played the game before release date in PS4), they were all hunted by CDPR.

And after this leak, look on how many "I want to believe it'll be better in june" we have here.

Assuming blame and sparing the developers affect the company's name, but they can "win people back", as they did for "The Witcher 3".

And about long term consequences, people forgot that in 2015, the Witcher 3 was released with several performance issues, glitches, and so on, which the community "forgot" because CDPR made a long journey of "winning people back" (giving free quests DLCs, texture pack, alternative look, and so on). That is what I think they'll try to do now.

So, yes, that's why I believe this leak is a "fake" thing produced by the PR team. But, you know, I understand if you tell me that this sounds too crazy to be reasonable. :shrug:

Normally I'd agree but they redid the entirety of the Witcher 1's dialogue.

Anyone remember THE WITCHER: ENHANCED EDITION?

I mean that would be wonderful if they reworked Cyberpunk. I am open for that, like i said its up to CDPR to decide what they do now.

As far as i can see, they have 3 options:

Option 1:
Rework the Game / Add cut content --- This way, they could show their community, that they actually care and they could eventually win back the trust of the community. (This would obviously be the best move for both us and them)

Option 2: Fix only bugs and call it the intended game. Add content (most probably, like 99%, scrapped content / cut content) and sell it in paid DLC's as "new content" to look good, when in fact, no one can overlook the hypocrisy in that.

Option 3: Drop the game, as in fix the bugs only and then focus on a seperate game (most probably multiplayer or a completely new game) --- This option i think will not happen, as this would be the ultimate destruction of CDPR. If that is to happen, they will have massive difficulties, selling games in the future. So this option is very unlikely, but its there.

My opinion as of now? - Untrustworthy company, i wont buy again, bad mouth to mouth propaganda.

Can my opinion change and how? - Yes, it can absolutely change and its up to CDPR to decide if thats going to happen. They have all the cards lying down. Would be good if they had someone like Misty in their ranks, who could show them their future cards depending on what option they choose.
Proof me wrong, CDPR! You still have a chance!

Combat cab would be a no brainer to add (back) in since there ARE Combat Cab ads in the game atm.
Who knows what else is missing from the game but I'd want to see it added back in.

Case and point, there IS Optical Camo Cyberware in the game's files which is a type of cyberware that renders you invisible and actually works (it doesn't make your body invisible to you but the sound and visual vignette effect works and enemies don't see you) which you can give yourself via the dev console.

* Joining Max-Tac feels like it really should be a quest chain that goes back in. It sounds RIDICULOUS but in a good way (I take the identity of a suicidal SWAT member and just pretend to be a cop for a day).
Well, there is a side quest where in a tech check dialogue a MaxTac officer offers you joining them ;) And we seen that officer way before the game was released even! Would be nice to merge Regina and MaxTac plots on cyberpsychosis and do some sort of solution for it.

My opinion as of now? - Untrustworthy company, i wont buy again, bad mouth to mouth propaganda.

Can my opinion change and how? - Yes, it can absolutely change and its up to CDPR to decide if thats going to happen. They have all the cards lying down. Would be good if they had someone like Misty in their ranks, who could show them their future cards depending on what option they choose.
Proof me wrong, CDPR! You still have a chance!

@Kikinho See? That's what I'm talking about!

* I actually am irritated more by that than the idea of exploring any sewer levels because I can't see shit in a dark room and navigation is impossible. I imagine the sewers would be much much worse.
Sewers don't need to be dark... but, yeah, good point otherwise.

They are bashing the corpos because that's what makes it seems to be a "leak". This and several other "leaks" passed unnoticed by the official PR team, despite of what people say about it, which is very strange, don't you think?

"Leak" don't promisse a single thing, doesn't carry any responsability, nobody know where they came from, as people can't say if they are true or not. Yet, the company may collect feedback from consumers by reading this forum and data from other places (reddit, youtube, and so on).

The other thing is to sell this "developers X corpos" narrative inside CDPR (which we don't know if it's really true or not) to keep players from bashing the developers, but ready to comprehend and even buy a future DLC "for the developers, not for these filthy corpos of CDPR" (even if they're giving the money to the "evil" company).

As long as money is entering the cash register, it doesn't really matter. It's a "leak", have to sound like a "leak", because if it was "official", this manouver would be obvious. Look at what happened to real leakers (that played the game before release date in PS4), they were all hunted by CDPR.

And after this leak, look on how many "I want to believe it'll be better in june" we have here.

Assuming blame and sparing the developers affect the company's name, but they can "win people back", as they did for "The Witcher 3".

And about long term consequences, people forgot that in 2015, the Witcher 3 was released with several performance issues, glitches, and so on, which the community "forgot" because CDPR made a long journey of "winning people back" (giving free quests DLCs, texture pack, alternative look, and so on). That is what I think they'll try to do now.

So, yes, that's why I believe this leak is a "fake" thing produced by the PR team. But, you know, I understand if you tell me that this sounds too crazy to be reasonable. :shrug:
Could be, and actually I hope it is, it would mean it's true.

Also, remember the leaked footage of Witcher 2 in 2009, when CDPR was searching for investors and needed to prove that there was interest for the game? I cannot find the link to the interview, but I remember reading a few years back that one the founders himself sort of implied he was the source of the leak.

The story of CP77? Wish I would have known beforehand.. wouldn't have bothered to roleplay V.

if that's true then why even bother creating "V", let us play as Silverhand whole game make him Geralt of CP2077

I realize this is getting off-topic, but people off handedly make this remark constantly, I can't help but to engage.

I really don't understand this sentiment. Just because Johnny Silverhand is very relevant person to the story, doesn't really negate V as a character.
I don't understand why main character has to be necessarily the "chosen one" or otherwise the be-all and end-all of the story. It's still from that perspective.

By this logic TES: Oblivion's main character is pointless and player should just play Martin Septim (very current example, I know, but it was first I could think of).

@Kikinho See? That's what I'm talking about!

See what? i think you didnt read my complete comment.

Theres a difference between to forget and to forgive.
You can always forgive (under the right circumstances), but you should never forget.

I will still not preorder any game and watch closely before i buy anything from them again, so i am not that easy to manipulate.

But if they dont choose option 1, i wouldnt even dare to give any attention to them. you see where im going?

I really don't understand this sentiment. Just because Johnny Silverhand is very relevant person to the story, doesn't really negate V as a character.
Yeah, still Off-topic. :p

I think the problem is different. With how linear the game is as is, V isn't really "yours", because more often than not you're forced to go the way the game intends. With how things are now the better option would be to scrap the whole character creator - just let us pick a male or female V and plainly state that this character is as is, and this isn't an RPG where you make your own.

A big grain of salt.

Sounds like there might be truth to it, but also a bit too convenient.

I'd like to hear an explanation on what was the "original" plan that was in place at 2018? I can't really get overly excited about tons of new dialog (knowing how dialog works) and a sewer system.

According to other "leaked" info it was a story about investigating the increasing cases of cyberpsychosis throughout Night City, parts of which are there in the Rivers npc plot and some others. The whole Johnny/Ant thing came in later.

Now reading this leak, there are some connections here though I take all of this with a grain of salt and of course a game can undergo lots of transformations in its development.

What caught my eye was the whole part with "Night City Sewers and like VTMB / Nosferatu" part. It does seem that some dev team at some point was looking to take some inspirational elements from that game. That can be seen in such things as the now missing and invisible sixth attribute point which may have been connected to a humanity vs cyberware implant meter, which would be cannon to Cyberpunk's lore. Like if you use too many cyber-parts you become a cyberpsycho and go out of control / draw the cops out, kind of like what would happen in VTMB if you go into a frenzy. That kind of links back to the original story where it was about you, V examining the rising cases of cyberpsychosis in NC and potentially becoming a cyberP yourself lol. Anyways this all speculation at this point anyways.

tis a reddit leak so Take it with a grain of salt, basically CDPR execs cut alot of content from the game to appease the investors causing a disastrous launch and now they're planning to bring it all back this year as a DLC which should have been in the game not some add-on.

I realize this is getting off-topic, but people off handedly make this remark constantly, I can't help but to engage.

I don't really understand why main character is necessarily the "chosen one" or otherwise the be-all and end-all of the story. It's still from that perspective.

By this logic TES: Oblivion's main character is pointless and player should just play Martin Septim (very current example, I know, but it was first I could think of).
I never played Oblivion. But I personally do have the need of the story play around the player character. (Judge me for it if you wish).
That being said, I didn't have any real issues with Jhonny even though I never really learnt to like his character. I still think he as asshole who doesn't deserve a redemption.
The story is too short for me to forget/forgive his disgusting remarks early on, like commenting on Evelyn's faith etc. So I played the game with the mindset that if I get rid of him, I can continue the game without him.
That never happened and I felt like the story did a horrible job at making all this worth for V. I am fine to experience a story that is more about our role in someone else's story, but then make it interesting and make me love the actual protagonist. That didn't happen here.

Edit: I need to elaborate on the no real issues with Jhonny. By that I meant I would have been willing to suffer through it if there would be more content around purely V and his place in the world.

So I read the leak closer and I discovered something that could add to the mystery if this is a credible leak or not. In this line alone creates some interesting thoughts as to if this is true or not.
Miles wrote a sidequest where a Max Tac officer offed himself and you could take its place but it created such a complex detour from everything tonally that it got cut as well.
This line is below the parts about Keanu and the thing that is odd to me is that Miles (The one who has appeared in numerous talks and interviews and also the Night City Wires) is a Level Designer. It is even on his LinkedIn page.

Mile's LinkedIn

Why would Miles write a sidequest? A Level Designer plans the layout and gamifies the levels during development. This could either mean that there is another Miles at the studio who works on quests or Miles as a Level Designer could have picked up some additional work or had an awesome idea that the quest team allowed him to work on it, I don't think some situation like that would be to crazy to believe but someone else could have just picked out a dev's name to use to include in a fake leak piece.

As someone who has been wanting to enter the industry as a Level Designer I have done research and have watched Miles himself talk about the process that Level Designers and the Quest Teams do work really close to one another to make sure the quests and level layouts make sense and go hand in hand.

What are your guy's thoughts on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom