My Issues for the romance storylines (Some spoilers)

+
lold? i never said anything like that. i said get her drunk and make a move. if your idea of making a move is molesting someone then you're the one with issues here, not me
But...... but... oof this hurts the brain.

What do you think happens when someone is drunk. The making a move isnt the point here. It's the drunk part. Idk think about it and come back.

Edit: also making a move on someone who doesn't prefer your gender is still annoying. Why do you do it, you think you'll get a chance? But if you make her drunk....... its easier isn't it?

No because i don't hit on people who have different sexualities. Pretty simple as that. You knew she was gay and yet you still tried to make a move and even thought to make her drunk for.. what? To lose her senses so you can romance her easily? Do you know how that sounds?
Also the fact that you stopped caring about her as a person because she refuses to suck your peepee. Says a lot about your my dude. :facepalm:

If you can't see how wrong this comment was... shit, you lack a lot of basic human knowledge.
i knew she currently liked women. more precisely she mentioned have a girlfriend before. that doesn't mean she isn't also interested in men. and i'm playing a game. i don't think of these characters as people. i think of them as what they are, digital representations of fictional characters. if i thought of them as people i couldn't go around chopping them into tiny pieces with swords, or drive sporadically down the street cuz i'm in a hurry, even tho i'll likely run over a pedestrian.
Post automatically merged:

But...... but... oof this hurts the brain.

What do you think happens when someone is drunk. The making a move isnt the point here. It's the drunk part. Idk think about it and come back.
you people are not part of the real world are you. i'd be drunk. she'd be drunk. maybe us getting drunk and making mistakes was a mutually beneficial scenario. i truly pity how little you people seem to know about the real world

This is interesting, that didn't happen for me, nor do I have any idea what happened or why. Where Panam is concerend I did feel railroaded because I could not get around it and I did try. But the ending (Nomad) you are describing did not occur for me. Guess I made a bad choice somewhere. Thanks for info and the response, I'll try to get this one figured out.

The more i dig the more seems either broke or theres alot more subtle consequence to everything than i've gave the game credit for.

Whole scenes playing differently from playthrough to playthrough, whole dialogue not showing or completely new and different ones appearing and thats not to say anything of options available but not shown via quest marker completely changing outcomes but changing them in untold ways as to make me think there either not finished and were missed to be took out or just left to player Imagination.

Alot of it interesting and at times weird but what keeps me going back and doing things differently and then looking of the beaten path for alternative routes

i knew she currently liked women. more precisely she mentioned have a girlfriend before. that doesn't mean she isn't also interested in men. and i'm playing a game. i don't think of these characters as people. i think of them as what they are, digital representations of fictional characters. if i thought of them as people i couldn't go around chopping them into tiny pieces with swords, or drive sporadically down the street cuz i'm in a hurry, even tho i'll likely run over a pedestrian.

you people are not part of the real world are you. i'd be drunk. she'd be drunk. maybe us getting drunk and making mistakes was a mutually beneficial scenario. i truly pity how little you people seem to know about the real world
Oof. Lots to unpack here.

You said you knew she was gay. Now you say "doesn't mean she isnt also into men". Decide already (gay = interested in the same sex)
Also funny you say how "little i know about the real world". Trust me, I know a lot. You don't seem to know much of it considering your drunk comment.

Well.. I have zero faith in further romances as CDPR doesn't know what a romance or relationship means. They only handle the seduction part - the meet and sleep with select person. Look at the total voidness of dialogue and content going forward after you hook up.
This was also what I disliked most about it.
I also tried Panam first as I did her quests first, but I'm a female V so that was a bust.. okay, I can deal with that. In all honesty I had to look up why, because I also didn't know about the male/female preferences,but Ithink this is more of an issue that many other game do allow any and all types to mingle.
So with Panam I was like.. ooh well, a shame but fine, I'm see if Judy is romanceable, and then somewhere in a quest of hers its said she's into girls so, when we went for the diving quest it was easy sailing from there.
But then there's nothing. you cant take her out to somewhere, you do not have updated speech checks after new events occurred. she never checks in with how you're still slowly dying and if you're ok. there's nothing.
Its basically a flirt, then nailing her and then its done...
so yeah, so options to keep that romance active would be nice, preferably a mix of some activities, a mission or 2 and speech checks will do great. Btw, I would also like this from other main characters like Panam, specifically if you've become pretty much an unofficial aldecaldos member.

lold? i never said anything like that. i said get her drunk and make a move. if your idea of making a move is molesting someone then you're the one with issues here, not me

Getting someone rat arsed either through drink or drugs who has zero sexual interest in you for the sole purpose of sex is intent to rape.

If you had said it wouldve been funny if we were both out having a laugh and got shit faced then one thing lead to another and wee both woke up pretty red faced embarassed naked next to each other

Words m8 use them

Oof. Lots to unpack here.

You said you knew she was gay. Now you say "doesn't mean she isnt also into men". Decide already (gay = interested in the same sex)
Also funny you say how "little i know about the real world". Trust me, I know a lot. You don't seem to know much of it considering your drunk comment.

i'm not gonna even touch this. goodbye anonymous stranger

Your not railroaded into any romance, some cringe ass scenes yes but not romance, the nomad ending will always have you and Panam in the tank at the end regardless if you romanced her or someone else, ultimately if you go that route whether your male or female, friend or lover the game does classify the two of you as at the very least very close friends
Seeing as how the Basilisk had space for 3 from what it looked like, maybe Judy could've been there if you romanced her as a female V.
I take it she was riding with Carol, but I could've imagined her in the tank also.

Seeing as how the Basilisk had space for 3 from what it looked like, maybe Judy could've been there if you romanced her as a female V.
I take it she was riding with Carol, but I could've imagined her in the tank also.

Yeah totally agree plus they've also shown it doesn't require the same two ppl to control it so even totally replacing Panam would've worked

Yeah totally agree plus they've also shown it doesn't require the same two ppl to control it so even totally replacing Panam would've worked
If you take the tank out for a spin with Mitch just before the assault you're in there by yourself if I recall correctly.

Also, it gave me the idea that Judy could have been in the seat to your left because she started the speak of the idea she had with Evelyn to skip the city. So when I replayed that ending scene for some photos I looked but the seat was empty, shame...

It would've been a cool little twist on the cutscene though though.

The more i dig the more seems either broke or theres alot more subtle consequence to everything than i've gave the game credit for.

Whole scenes playing differently from playthrough to playthrough, whole dialogue not showing or completely new and different ones appearing and thats not to say anything of options available but not shown via quest marker completely changing outcomes but changing them in untold ways as to make me think there either not finished and were missed to be took out or just left to player Imagination.

Alot of it interesting and at times weird but what keeps me going back and doing things differently and then looking of the beaten path for alternative routes

I think you are right. I always regard my first play through of any game as a learning experience. After that lousy ending I had I felt empty and didn't feel that I achieved anything not to mentioned what happend to my V. I won't say any more on that as I don't want to give anything away.

But from what you just said, I think what I am going to do is go back to my very first save and simply start the game over using my same character, rather then start a new game and this time, be more aware of what I am doing. We'll see what happens this time.

Thanks for your comment.

I prefer characters having some preferences, whether gender, point of view, ect.

The problem with the approach where every potential LI is into the protagonist regardless of their gender, actions, or point of view is that they then seem to feel a bit less like real people. Real people have preferences aren't going to be open to dating everyone.

That isn't to say that romances couldn't have been better handled in this game. Maybe there is an argument for having at least one other choice for every background.

While somewhat unlikely that the six people you meet in Night City are all bisexual that you can potentially want to date, its far from impossible and more realistic than cybergoddesses ruling the Dark Net from Beyond the Wall.

If you take the tank out for a spin with Mitch just before the assault you're in there by yourself if I recall correctly.

Also, it gave me the idea that Judy could have been in the seat to your left because she started the speak of the idea she had with Evelyn to skip the city. So when I replayed that ending scene for some photos I looked but the seat was empty, shame...

It would've been a cool little twist on the cutscene though though.

Yeah it's a fine example tbh of how the, i suppose, smallest of details could, potentially, make such a big difference

I think you are right. I always regard my first play through of any game as a learning experience. After that lousy ending I had I felt empty and didn't feel that I achieved anything not to mentioned what happend to my V. I won't say any more on that as I don't want to give anything away.

But from what you just said, I think what I am going to do is go back to my very first save and simply start the game over using my same character, rather then start a new game and this time, be more aware of what I am doing. We'll see what happens this time.

Thanks for your comment.

Hey im right there with you m8.

My first playthrough Judy dumped me and then V airlocked themselves ;)

But it did make me do as you intend and start again and pay close attention to what was said and how

Last edited:
It is so sad at this point. I feel its maybe trolling. There is so many nice things to say about romances and many things that still need to be addressed about it. Endless points to elaborate on each of the characters.
Yet somehow it always ends up being that one single issue that wont die, day after day....Don't go there please.

Following on the topic, I'll add that currently the romance storylines, in my opinion benefit from not being heavily tied to the main one for most part. It would be nice for them to be tied to it, or have the main story impact them in some way since you are the one piece of the relationship that goes tru the main story as V. But being part of side stories can only benefit them for the exact purpose of further progression. We are therefore very likely to see more of it.
From what I could gather CDPR never wanted relationships to end they way they do atm, with the sudden void of any affection or content tied to them at their start. It is not unrealistic to believe they too see their value and need to give them more depth. I doubt they invested so much attention to it, dialogue and care just to not do anything with them in the end.

I always kind of assumed that Tyger Claws would retaliate after Judy and V kicked them out of Clouds. I was surprised they didn't take it there. But I don't see why they still couldn't. I always assumed Panam and Nomads would get into more trouble with Militech after snagging that basilisk. Again I don't see why that couldn't still happen going forward. The basilisk feels underused as well tbh, would you as a developer make it a feature just to barely use it in gameplay?
There has got to be more inc....
Braindances with Judy or more police work with River giving you a go at that option that devs wanted to have of you working with police or the maxtac or possibly joining them (idea that was put aside for now as we found out).
NC has so many potential to tell stories if they make use of it, it would make for an excellent 2021 for Cyberpunk.

Last edited:
It is so sad at this point. I feel its maybe trolling. There is so many nice things to say about romances and many things that still need to be addressed about it. Endless points to elaborate on each of the characters.
Yet somehow it always ends up being that one single issue that wont die, day after day....Don't go there, this thread will already get heavily edited by mods.

Following on the topic, I'll add that currently the romance storylines, in my opinion benefit from not being heavily tied to the main one for most part. It would be nice for them to be tied to it, or have the main story impact them in some way since you are the one piece of the relationship that goes tru the main story as V. But being part of side stories can only benefit them for the exact purpose of further progression. We are therefore very likely to see more of it.
From what I could gather CDPR never wanted relationships to end they way they do atm, with the sudden void of any affection or content tied to them at their start. It is not unrealistic to believe they too see their value and need to give them more depth. I doubt they invested so much attention to it, dialogue and care just to not do anything with them in the end.

I always kind of assumed that Tyger Claws would retaliate after Judy and V kicked them out of Clouds. I was surprised they didn't take it there. But I don't see why they still couldn't. I always assumed Panam and Nomads would get into more trouble with Militech after snagging that basilisk. Again I don't see why that couldn't still happen going forward. The basilisk feels underused as well tbh, would you as a developer make it a feature just to barely use it in gameplay?
There has got to be more inc....
Braindances with Judy or more police work with River giving you a go at that option that devs wanted to have of you working with police or the maxtac or possibly joining them (idea that was put aside for now as we found out).
NC has so many potential to tell stories if they make use of it, it would make for an excellent 2021 for Cyberpunk.

Mm in not so sure, i think we got what they wanted to give, if you actually care to look theres not alot of attention nor care giving to them, it's easy to think there is but the reality is theres not.

First and foremost, i personally, think they were wrote as "friends", for lack of a better term, maybe even possibly as part of a crew V puts together if you look at individual skill sets but thats just sheer speculation on my part, romance is and only is a couple of dialogue lines different and sex, nothing more, nothing less from just friendship, you could say it was just patched and edited together and tacked on theres so little of it.

Can it be expanded? Well it certainly cant get anymore minimalistic, but the question is if it is to be expanded beyond what it is how to do it? Do you add DLC that expands the ending adding more story and substance to relationships aswell as what happens to V? then why put ppl back to the point of no return after your end choice? How about after the initial sex scene more opens up? This seems a likely place to start tbh and with tweaks to endings can work for the best.

Right now im in process of "working" things out to see different outcomes because your Judy example in regards to tiger claws did strike me as potentially weird especially if you kill Maiko, if you dont its easily explained shes protecting judy or something, but it has always struck me as off how she receives no blowback yet toms killed and the other lassie goes into hiding, then again maybe its as simple as mox protection but ghat never struck me as something that would stop the claws reaping revenge

Yeah it's a fine example tbh of how the, i suppose, smallest of details could, potentially, make such a big difference

But it did make me do as you intend and start again and pay close attention to what was said and how
I think so too yes.

With regards to the second statement. I already know that my second playthrough will be first playthrough 2.0
Once I've intrinsically connected a face (my V) to a game Inever seem to be able to make a different version after that. :p

I think so too yes.

With regards to the second statement. I already know that my second playthrough will be first playthrough 2.0
Once I've intrinsically connected a face (my V) to a game Inever seem to be able to make a different version after that. :p

I've yet to be completely happy with what i do in character creator to what ends up in game lol, though im pretty happy with my current bald female netrunner if im honest, now if i could just make them short and chubby :p

Top Bottom