About police system

+
Why policemen try to kill me after killing some random poor man? Are they really caring? In the cyberpunk world? What if some bands will fight against you when you kill someone on a band's territory?
And about the game... it's good... but make it again from the beginning.

The police don't care about the poor, they care about money and power. You have not bribed the police, nor do you have ties of power that allow you to do what you want. So if YOU do something against the law, it applies to YOU.

I mean ... The Night City police are not even police as we understand it. Night City is a city-state where corporations do what they want, and gangs do dirty work for them. All that openly. The police are more to repress than to protect.

You are nothing to the police. It is something you see on more than one occasion. Decent people who are policemen are burned and bitter and end up leaving their jobs or dying.

My problem with the police is more related to teleportation :facepalm:

And with its null artificial intelligence.
And the null inability to drive vehicles (airplanes, cars, motorcycles, etc.)
And the null ability to follow you and / or look for you.
Search not working...

The teleportation is THEE worst...

I say make it easy and just leave it so if you kill someone without a Warrent, you automatically get fined... Peds cost less than Pigs...

Remove the "heat" system entirely... Cops are on their own in Night City, w little consolation for their families.

its assumed that all murders are recorded in NC, but no one cares if you have ANY kind of warrant - cops don't do much investigating - so say its like a $10-50 fee for pedestrians and like $500-1000/cop... or $100... Whatever as long as it costs more than other non-warranted npcs... I'd say the fee is higher for lethal damage (so clubbing a beat cop non-lethally is a form of bribe basically, lol)

And remove the "talk" context action from NPCs while theyre at it... how about if we just stand there ere breathing on them, like the preacher guy near Vics, they say theyre little line (which is usually some form of buzz off or equally useless dialogue)

yea i really dont understand that if i go up to a assault in progress and a ganger kills a ped. The NCPD is down the street not batting an eye. but the moment i tink a ped accidently with my car, they spawn 7 maxtac guys right behind me and i get hosed. I understand they are corrupt and are bribed by gangs. But that is just ultra unrealistic. Also Why isnt there police chases? I guess they dont need to if they can teleport...

The original idea was that you could get away with all sorts in areas where the police could not see you.. now you can punch a loud mouth NPC on a deserted street far away from view and instant teleporting SWAT appear to kill you for a one punch legal infraction... actually proper car chases would have been fun... but omniscient all-seeing teleporting cops... Bah...! who actually sat down on the dev team and said ' hey this is a good idea' .. the police system is an annoying embarrassment to the game

The police don't care about the poor, they care about money and power. You have not bribed the police, nor do you have ties of power that allow you to do what you want. So if YOU do something against the law, it applies to YOU.

I mean ... The Night City police are not even police as we understand it. Night City is a city-state where corporations do what they want, and gangs do dirty work for them. All that openly. The police are more to repress than to protect.

You are nothing to the police. It is something you see on more than one occasion. Decent people who are policemen are burned and bitter and end up leaving their jobs or dying.

Riiiight ,however the police are constantly bombarding me with calls for help. V is an honorary ncpd detective by 3 hours into the game. Wanted system is stupid out the gate and seems it was only added because other games have them😔

I saw a video where V killed that ugly ripperdoc (the one that knew about Evelyn), nobody else was there and besides there was only one door, however instantly 2 cops and a robot appeared INSIDE THE ROOM.
Also, sometimes random groups of bad guys that are standing around start attacking you in the street. Sometimes, killing them will bring the cops. But THEY are attacking you and besides they are bad guys!
You have seen the "40 mph" sigs all over that nobody obeys. Usually nothing happens, but once in the badlands, in a very remote part with crappy dirt roads and no people that ridiculously had these signs, I started getting police warrants (for speeding I guess) and when I stopped a lot of Militechs attacked me (they are the police out there).

At least they trying to kill you because you killed someone. I was reading txt messages on my phone when the fuckers started shooting. I guess they didn't like me standing so close to their personal bubble. Definitely learned a lesson in social distancing.

Last edited:

What do you mean by "bribe" the police ? The damn police shoots on sight .
Police system is totally broken, I'll revisit this game only after i see "redesigned police AI" or "removed police" in patch notes.

And about the game... it's good... but make it again from the beginning.

:ROFLMAO:

Anyways, of all the bugs and bizarre design choices this game has, the police system is the worst implementation of all time.
It's not even about AI here you know, the fact that they spawn and shoot on sight with laser focus is so baffling to me.

And the irony keeps piling on itself... the plethora of 'broken' graffiti around the city, whole neighbourhoods being abandoned by the police....
But oh no, don't you dare to double jump the wrong way, or aim your pistol slightly too long in someone's general direction, because then murder psycho cops will take you down, and boy they don't mess around ...

Top Bottom