My thoughts on the game

+
I've completed my first run through, having completed all of the multiple endings that I can (so only most) and I'll be doing the other two beginnings to see how they play out. With all of that having been said, I like what I've been presented with so far and only have two major criticisms: the first is the unacceptable microtransaction system built into the in-game menu and the second is the pacing. If CDPR wants me to care about the story, then it needs to be slowed down significantly.

I've lost count of how many characters that I was reintroduced to, but have no memory of, and I know nothing about the necklace that keeps showing up in the endings: whose it is, where it came from, or what V's handling of it signifies. In fact, I can't remember most of the story at all, which makes choosing the appropriate dialogue options problematic, especially when I don't remember the person that V is talking to or their history in the game.

Other than having clothing selection blocked during a certain ending, which was my first ending and a really cheap shot from CDPR--having spent all that time wasting about upgrading and manually reapplying armor on each level up only to then be denied equipment of them when I needed them the most--I can't think of too many bad things to say about the game outside of its rushed state.

That's it; got nothing else.

Not really; I missed an important action to take in order to get The Devil achievement.

and I know nothing about the necklace that keeps showing up in the endings: whose it is, where it came from, or what V's handling of it signifies.
When you finish Act 1 and Misty takes you home, she gives it to you. It's the bullet Viktor took out of you and one of them (I forget who, probably Misty) turned it into a necklace for you.

Yes, the main story is played through very fast if you follow it. You also get a lot of XP doing so and this enables you to proceed.

But I think it's entirely up to you personally to slow down? You are bombarded with side quests all the time. Why not go slow and do some of these?

I always do a rush-through the very first time I play a new game and then stop before the game nears the end. In this way I keep up the excitement but also know more about how I want to approach things.
I stopped my first play-through when I was prompted 'Point of no return' and started a new game. This time I have a lot more fun.

I wasn't rushing; I was following the natural flow. Also, don't engage in victim blaming.

Uh, did I mention the pacing issue? Because yes I did. The story throws so much out there that I can only remember half of it. This is coming from someone who is currently writing a novel.

Uh, did I mention the pacing issue? Because yes I did. The story throws so much out there that I can only remember half of it. This is coming from someone who is currently writing a novel.

Well it depends, are you pacing yourself by doing Sidequests and exploring inbetween main missions?

Top Bottom