Anyone else hoping for a more in depth gear customization system in the near future?

+
Obviously cyberpunk has a /lot/ it needs to work on, bugs to fix And a /lot/ it can add to improve things. Car customization, barber shops, etc etc.

But probably one of if not my biggest gripe with the game is it's randomized loot gimmick. Meaning two of the same gun per say will for some reason have completely different stats that you can't really change.

Personally one of the things I'd like to see most come in a future update is a tailor and weapon customization desk.

Tailor allowing you to change the armor value on your clothing (if not satisfied with its current value roll) to one of your choosing for a price. Obviously higher armor value being more Eddie's as well as the ability to add more mod slots to your clothing. (within reason ofc. Can't get more then say one mod slot on blue rarity clothing etc.) Maybe even upgrade said clothing for a price. For those who haven't invested in crafting or are wanting to upgrade a specific piece of clothing that doesn't have a blueprint for a legendary variant.

As for a gunsmith/weapon bench, kinda the same thing as the tailor. Except for yknow... Weapons.

Want your pistol to be shock damage when it's rolled on thermal? Just go to the gunsmith and make it so. Unless of course you have certain crafting perks in which case just do it yourself.

Want a higher Crit chance instead of elemental chance on a rapid fire weapon? Sure thing, long as you got the crafting materials and/or Eddie's.

Along with that they could even toss in weapon skin customization for those who really like the look of a specific skin but can't seem to get it to roll with the right stats.

It would take away so much of the annoying grinding and loading save files again and again to get the right stats on something. Especially for those with ocd like me who like to have everything just perfect.

JagoA

Forum regular
Personally, I would prefer if cosmetic/vanity clothes have no armor value at all, but maybe have a "cool" rating to set relationships with gangs and characters (crossing my fingers here that gangs and interpersonal relationships will be expanded in the future based on how you present yourself/your playstyle). I would rather that only clothes which should have armor be given armor such as combat helmet, police vests etc... which makes me think, how cool would it be if there are separate armor for getting hit in the torso/arms/legs/head!

Personally, I would prefer if cosmetic/vanity clothes have no armor value at all, but maybe have a "cool" rating to set relationships with gangs and characters (crossing my fingers here that gangs and interpersonal relationships will be expanded in the future based on how you present yourself/your playstyle). I would rather that only clothes which should have armor be given armor such as combat helmet, police vests etc... which makes me think, how cool would it be if there are separate armor for getting hit in the torso/arms/legs/head!
Personally if it were up to me, id make every clothing item purely cosmetic as well as have every gun no longer have randomized stats and each being unique in their own way but seeing as it's such a core factor that's already implemented so deeply into the game, I don't see them ever changing it.

Hence why I tried to find a middle ground with my suggestion of vendors/crafting options that allow you to make the gear how you want it after it's been dropped with randomized stats

JagoA

Forum regular
Personally if it were up to me, id make every clothing item purely cosmetic as well as have every gun no longer have randomized stats and each being unique in their own way but seeing as it's such a core factor that's already implemented so deeply into the game, I don't see them ever changing it.

Hence why I tried to find a middle ground with my suggestion of vendors/crafting options that allow you to make the gear how you want it after it's been dropped with randomized stats

Yeah I think the weapons/ clothes system is obviously intended to be cut from the same cloth as rpgs like skyrim and witcher, maybe from when the development was more rpg like rather than gtav like that we have. It just feels like to me it doesn't make much sense within cp2077, maybe its the futuristic setting I'm not sure.

In short, yes.

Lots of things I hope to see expanded upon in the future. Game has a lot to build off of and it would be a major waste of the company's time to let the game just stagnate.

Yeah I think the weapons/ clothes system is obviously intended to be cut from the same cloth as rpgs like skyrim and witcher, maybe from when the development was more rpg like rather than gtav like that we have. It just feels like to me it doesn't make much sense within cp2077, maybe its the futuristic setting I'm not sure.

Not even Skyrim or any Bethesda rpg has this sort of system. An iron sword will always have the same stats as another iron sword less it's unique or enchanted and even then if it's enchanted then you can enchant it yourself to get the bonus's you want.post fallout 4 games (despite me liking fallout 4s weapon customization system) all had gear that was always the same as one of the same type. The only difference being if its condition was low or not. Which once again: easy change if you wanna fix your weapons or armor.

Cyberpunks system wouldn't be that bad if you could actually change the items to how you wanted them after you picked it up instead of it being like a worse borderlands system for whatever reason

Obviously cyberpunk has a /lot/ it needs to work on, bugs to fix And a /lot/ it can add to improve things. Car customization, barber shops, etc etc.

Want a higher Crit chance instead of elemental chance on a rapid fire weapon? Sure thing, long as you got the crafting materials and/or Eddie's.

Along with that they could even toss in weapon skin customization for those who really like the look of a specific skin but can't seem to get it to roll with the right stats.

It would take away so much of the annoying grinding and loading save files again and again to get the right stats on something. Especially for those with ocd like me who like to have everything just perfect.

It seems pointless unless the gangs/enemies scale to your level. you can go around and one tap almost all. But yes I agree that would be cool

In short, yes.

Lots of things I hope to see expanded upon in the future. Game has a lot to build off of and it would be a major waste of the company's time to let the game just stagnate.
I mean, just look at most companies.

The moment spending costs overtake earnings, they cut the life support as soon as the bare minimum is met.

Rip battlefront 2. Got to be actually pretty fun then was dropped immidietly

Last edited:
Well you have some options for this through mods and upgrades in the crafting section.

But it'd be really great if you do more to customize the cosmetic look of your gear.

Much of the game play has to do with managing inventory.

If you find a cooler jacket you have to sacrifice whatever you've invested into your current jacket. Considering that currently you are the only person who will see your outfit it doesn't really matter what you look like.

I mean one really valid criticism of the game is that there are not even cut scenes where you'd really get to see your aesthetic choices. Instead you have the photo mode which seems like a bit of a cop out.

If it were COD you would see your character during takedowns and death scenes and elsewhere.

Well you have some options for this through mods and upgrades in the crafting section.

But it'd be really great if you do more to customize the cosmetic look of your gear.

Much of the game play has to do with managing inventory.

If you find a cooler jacket you have to sacrifice whatever you've invested into your current jacket. Considering that currently you are the only person who will see your outfit it doesn't really matter what you look like.

I mean one really valid criticism of the game is that there are not even cut scenes where you'd really get to see your aesthetic choices. Instead you have the photo mode which seems like a bit of a cop out.

If it were COD you would see your character during takedowns and death scenes and elsewhere.
Honestly I don't think that's really the case. Invintory management is a thing but it's not as extreme as you make it out to be. Just throw what's er you aren't using in the trunk of your car or in your stash.

If you are in the middle of a fight and realize I wish I had this one gun I customized its kind of a pain to request your car to get it..

Also there are times during battle where I need to lighten the load and usually do so by disassembling the guns I picked up and having to stick things in the car breaks the flow.. a button to disassemble new items only would be great.

Currently I stick iconic items in the stash or anything else I think might be useful later but if you've tuned several guns its easy to lose track of them and accidentally trash them because you've picked up a shit ton of a similar looking weapons.

I mean these are just things that I think would make the game less tedious but are not deal breakers

Top Bottom