Dev leaked info ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way, it was the pre-launch combination of misinterpretation, misrepresentation, overhype, and general lack of proper expectation management and tightly controlled forthcoming advertising that led to this whole mess.

CDPR NEEDS to come out and control the expectation this time, and set the bar going forward. When things like this alleged "leak" come out, they need to immediately and forcefully respond to them. Because right now, there are NO LESS than a dozen YouTubers with MILLIONS of followers referencing this very topic. And the whole hype train is starting all over again. It's only a matter of time before it's so far out of control, that CDPR will be stuck in yet another no-win scenario from which they can't escape.

I doubt they could financially survive the inevitable fallout that will most assuredly come out of it.

I'm pretty skeptical about the "leak."
So why not just provide an official answer regarding the current status of the game? Either mentioning the cut content will brought back or not? This is just normal process of managing expectations, I don't get why all the radio silence from CDRP regarding this issue.

So why not just provide an official answer regarding the current status of the game? Either mentioning the cut content will brought back or not? This is just normal process of managing expectations, I don't get why all the radio silence from CDRP regarding this issue.
Because then they'd set expectations that they'll respond to every random post on the interwebs and give the first random post they choose not to respond to an added air of legitimacy. I think the better move is to hope people can use logical reasoning skills, and just do their work and not chase the never ending rumor train.

Because then they'd set expectations that they'll respond to every random post on the interwebs and give the first random post they choose not to respond to an added air of legitimacy. I think the better move is to hope people can use logical reasoning skills, and just do their work and not chase the never ending rumor train.

I dont know, seems like mindless defending here at this point.
I dont see why i should wait this out with no answer when getting betrayed by this corpo.

If its that easy to make money and just mess with the customers, i should just go and start doing the same thing, because honestly, there will always be people like you who will still support me and throw money at me, no matter how much i lie to you and twist things around.

Asking for a response overall for this whole mess is not much asked for, especially when you payed 60€ for a product thats half done and full of bugs.
I didnt buy an early access game.

Well, lets hope. If the game will be fully finished in June, it will be June when I will play it.

Haven't finished the game, refunded both of my copies. If they finish the game and fix it, I will buy it again.... hopefully at big discount by then.

All these leaks if true , is cdpr going to officially release info for 2021 , or did someone just sit-down and makeup this , alot seems genuine but is it , cdpr got a reputation to keep so they should release info asap for 2021 .

Fair enough, you have a point there. Still providing some updates to the fans would help both the company and the fans. Just leaving people in the dark, chasing breadcrumbs from alleged anonymous leaks and YouTube videos is not the best move, in my view.

I dont see why i should wait this out with no answer when getting betrayed by this corpo.
Then don't wait. But that doesn't mean they should respond to random made up junk on the internet.
Asking for a response overall for this whole mess is not much asked for, especially when you payed 60€ for a product thats half done and full of bugs.
They've responded several times to various controversies. They've been sending out hotfixes, issuing statements, offering refunds, etc etc. They're just very unlikely to respond to random made up things.

I believe it's another fanfic, but if the devs intend to go NMS way, I'd prefer them to just do it instead of more promises. They promised enough already.
Looking at it a second time, I think you might be right. Some serious inconsistencies in his statement. Gotta be more careful with what I link.

Then don't wait. But that doesn't mean they should respond to random made up junk on the internet.

They've responded several times to various controversies. They've been sending out hotfixes, issuing statements, offering refunds, etc etc. They're just very unlikely to respond to random made up things.

I disagree. Random made up junk? Yeah, forgot the game files and the ingame missing stuff that is clearly visible, like the train station.
Rumors of this threads comment aside, theres no denying that theres cut content and missing stuff on every corner you look, while also being full of bugs.

All CDPR did was respond to the bugs. Why? Because of Sony, so they can keep selling.

Why is there no OVERALL response to the game itself and its missing contents, which no one can deny at this point, not even blind followers.
There should be atleast a response in sense of "we fucked up" or "it was always supposed to be like this" so we get some clarity.

All i see now is angry customers left alone. Why do we not get an answer? I will tell you why. PAID D.L.C. thats why. Get ready to open your wallet to buy cut content.

Yeah, forgot the game files and the ingame missing stuff that is clearly visible, like the train station.
Oh there clearly is some content that got cut along the way. However this thread is about this "dev" leak. Which is clearly not from a dev IMO.

Last edited:
Oh their clearly is some content that got cut along the way. However this thread is about this "dev" leak. Which is clearly false.

Well, i do agree that we shouldnt take this threads comment for granted, but theres also some truth to the comment, even though most of it is just a unproven theory / claim or like you said false until proven.

Whats your definition of "some" content. To me it feels like half the game was cut and im not overexaggerating.

I think in today's market shareholders and executives want live service in every game asap. The gold rush with lootboxes won't stay forever, so better leech and milk now while it's possible. I wouldnt be surprised to see 2077 multiplayer by the end of 2021 or early 2022

It's strange because in one of their last meetings they mentioned additional content being planned over the next 2-3 years. At first I thought the CDPR team mentioned this but looking back I must of overlooked it, considering there is a lot to go through, instead it was a question being asked.
Still it mentions that 'additional content that you’re planning to launch over the next 2-3 years', where they told that additional content was being planned? CDPR didn't seem to deny it in their answers and not every game gets dlc. Perhaps it was an assumption? Source: https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2020/12/call-transcript_en.pdf

Either way I still don't believe they are done with this game. However, I also do not fully believe the leak either. As I said the next few months will be interesting..

Also, why can't two different teams work on Cyberpunk 2077? One team on the single player game and one on the multiplayer? From what I have heard/read the games will be separate products anyway

Whether it's true or false, this unverified blogpost is getting traction and in one way or another, it's good for CDPR.
It may look like a dev bashing the company, but it keeps the game in the people/ the media's eye.
It keeps people active and engaged... and that's only a positive for CDPR/management/the game, regardless of its content.

CDPR obiously isn't going to confirm any of this, mainly because they can't given their recent stunt with the release.
But I don't think they'll deny it either.

They'll have to bet on playing the long game.
Stuff like this only helps.

Not necessarily.

Being in people's minds is certainly a good thing but it's also potentially really bad. Personally I doubt there is any truth to this "leak" but no matter if it's real or not, it's setting expectations.

Just look at this thread. There is absolutely no evidence it's true. In fact, history and common sense dictates we shouldn't believe it to be. Yet, this thread alone is proof that people will get extremely hopeful from some highly improbable anonymous post on the internet. If CDPR doesn't doesn't follow through on these NMS's style comeback rumors, people are only going to get angrier. Even if they then realize that the post was BS all along, they won't blame the anonymous post for getting their hopes up and then destroying them again. They'll blame CDPR for not doing what they wanted all along.

This is not necessarily good. It might be once CDPR shows an inkling of what their long term plan is but until they give any indications of their plans... This is only setting up people for more disappointment which they'll unload on CDPR.

There was this kind of response, back on December 14th. However, CDPR used the word "apologize" instead of the phrase you used.

The issue with this response is that it is solely for bugs. Nothing about missing content gets adressed there.

Maybe i am out of touch, but why is it so hard for companies to talk clearly about these things.
I dont get the "it will make customers more mad or raise expectations."

My expectation is already to get back everything or most that was cut, so that wont change anything about it.
But i guess they dont want to scare away the casuals who dont follow these things. Easier group to screw over i guess, since they can then say they worked on everything they had when they didnt and sell a lot of dlcs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom