Gta vs cyberpunk

+
Some of these comparisons are valid, and some are not, such as police doesn't get killed by a grenade in CP77 versus instant kill in GTA5.

First of all, CP77 is an RPG so it will have high level NPCs that can't be killed by low level attacks, that's just the nature of an RPG versus a sim. Furthermore even in game world that would have an explanation that the sturdy high level cops have bionic and cyber implants that makes them more immune to guns and explosions.
This is a real case of "it's a feature, not a bug".
CP2077 is an RPG, not a sim like GTA5. The problem is they hyped it up to the point where people expected an RPG and GTA all in the same game.
I agree, i honestly think cdpr wanted to give us too many mechanics and gameplay elements and it proved too much.
A lot of these gta vs cyberpunk comparison videos are also made simply by haters. You can see this on Youtube, a lot of these channels have been created aorund launch of cyberpunk with like 50-100 subs.
The game isn't as good as it was hyped but it isn't as bad as it is shown to be on all these videos either.

I think CDPR made the perfect game.
"the physics are messy...." --- "It is a storydriven RPG!"
"the story is short...." --- "It is a shooter, not an Adventure!"
"the skillsystem is unbalanced and buggy..." --- "It is a Action Adventure, not a RPG!"
"don't like the crafting..." --- "It is a shooter, not a RPG!"
"why I can't modify my weapon with bigger magazine..." --- "It is an Action Adventure, not a shooter!"
"my shadow looks like an idiot..." --- "It is first person, not 3rd!"

CP2077 is an RPG, not a sim like GTA5.
Cyberpunk 2077 by CDPR:
Twitter: an open-world, action-adventure story developed....
cyberpunk.net: Open-World-Action-Adventure
gog: Open-World-Action-Adventure, Genre: Action - Roleplay (here it is!) - Science-Fiction.

There is a point where the lack of quality disturbs the immersion. Don't matter if RPG or Action Adventure.

(yeah I know it is a bug...)

I agree, i honestly think cdpr wanted to give us too many mechanics and gameplay elements and it proved too much.
A lot of these gta vs cyberpunk comparison videos are also made simply by haters. You can see this on Youtube, a lot of these channels have been created aorund launch of cyberpunk with like 50-100 subs.
The game isn't as good as it was hyped but it isn't as bad as it is shown to be on all these videos either.

Even if that videos were made by haters, it doesnt change anything. These videos are real, not something that was faked.

So like I said, I have not played GTA, but some quick research on GTA V and it sounds as if there are no character "levels" and your character builds skills through use (in a similar manner to CP2077)?

If that is correct, that would seem to me to be a much more relevant point to make for GTA vs CP2077 than 90% of what is what is compared in the videos.

Instead the videos are overly concerned with things like water ripples and baked animations vs physics calculations when the player is hit by a car? Keep in mind the player will be viewing this animation play out in first person.

As I said before, there are some valid points made in the videos. There are just not enough to last for one ~10 minute video, let alone 2.

So to continue the game, are these ~29 comparisons made in the videos the things that make GTA a "good game?" Is that what you spend your time doing in that world? Walking/running around punching random NPCs, throwing grenades, and shooting at bodies of water? If so, then I would have to wager that CP2077 is probably much less like GTA than some who like to compare the two may realize.

Even if that videos were made by haters, it doesnt change anything. These videos are real, not something that was faked.
My point is it is an overreaction, these people try to bug the game and only record the bugs. I played 100+ hours and had exactly 2 T-poses and 1 bugged car. So if you would believe the videos you would think the game is constantly doing stuff like that while it realy isn't (atleast not on pc, can't say anything for consoles).
Post automatically merged:

So like I said, I have not played GTA, but some quick research on GTA V and it sounds as if there are no character "levels" and your character builds skills through use (in a similar manner to CP2077)?

If that is correct, that would seem to me to be a much more relevant point to make for GTA vs CP2077 than 90% of what is what is compared in the videos.

Instead the videos are overly concerned with things like water ripples and baked animations vs physics calculations when the player is hit by a car? Keep in mind the player will be viewing this animation play out in first person.

As I said before, there are some valid points made in the videos. There are just not enough to last for one ~10 minute video, let alone 2.

So to continue the game, are these ~29 comparisons made in the videos the things that make GTA a "good game?" Is that what you spend your time doing in that world? Walking/running around punching random NPCs, throwing grenades, and shooting at bodies of water? If so, then I would have to wager that CP2077 is probably much less like GTA than some who like to compare the two may realize.
Well that is exactly what people do in gta, that's why i said people would be dissapointed if they thought this would be a gta clone, cause knowing cdpr, knowing the witcher, i knew this game would be something else completely.

Its just comparison of overall physics, AI and world interactions lvl. Its not important if its GTA or other similar game. You dont even need to use any game to see that CP lacks complex physics etc.

I think things like water ripples are pretty minor, the main problems are the pedestrian and driver AIs, no excuse for traffic to pile up just because something blocks the road. Also the police wanted system, either scrap it or have the police have a modicum of pursuit AI. Just have those working and I think most people can live with the other stuff such as tail light glasses not shattering.

My point is it is an overreaction, these people try to bug the game and only record the bugs. I played 100+ hours and had exactly 2 T-poses and 1 bugged car. So if you would believe the videos you would think the game is constantly doing stuff like that while it realy isn't (atleast not on pc, can't say anything for consoles).

Most of said viedos doesnt care about bugs at all. Terrible physics, broken AI or lack of world interactions... its not about bugs.

Most of said viedos doesnt care about bugs at all. Terrible physics, broken AI or lack of world interactions... its not about bugs.
Fair enough, these things should be improved, but again i would rather they focus on making more story and character/romance interactions then to dwell too much on other stuff. The point remains the same that these small channels just upload comparisons in favor of other games and keep spamming these vids, giving the game a worse name then it deserves.

Fair enough, these things should be improved, but again i would rather they focus on making more story and character/romance interactions then to dwell too much on other stuff. The point remains the same that these small channels just upload comparisons in favor of other games and keep spamming these vids, giving the game a worse name then it deserves.

Its not like they are focusing on one factor at once. Few hundreds of peoples were working on it. Some will work on quests/story side, others on physics and animations etc.

Its not like they are focusing on one factor at once. Few hundreds of peoples were working on it. Some will work on quests/story side, others on physics and animations etc.
So the point being that some less important things aren't good (yet) should ruin the entire game?
That would be the same as people uploading videos that the gta story isn't as good or isn't emotional while the game obviously hasn't that as main goal.

I am not sure the videos were made by haters so much as made by people who make videos to get views/clicks in order to make money.

So the point being that some less important things aren't good (yet) should ruin the entire game?
That would be the same as people uploading videos that the gta story isn't as good or isn't emotional while the game obviously hasn't that as main goal.

Yep. Not everyone is playing purely for story, yet... its still very important part of the game (also very subjective one)

I love how a lot of people saying that GTA and Cyberpunk cannot be compared. Why so, I wonder.
CDPR are the ones who promised "next generation open world experience".
So that is what we do - comparing next gen openworld experience with past gen one :smart:

Its just comparison of overall physics, AI and world interactions lvl. Its not important if its GTA or other similar game. You dont even need to use any game to see that CP lacks complex physics etc.

Fair, it does say that in it's description but the titles are not as specific. The AI I can somewhat agree with.

Overall physics and world interaction level not so much. Especially if by physics and world interaction you mean things like bullets splashing in the water.

Yep. Not everyone is playing purely for story, yet... its still very important part of the game (also very subjective one)
Yet, the main part of the game is the story. It is up to the customer to buy a game he likes.

You go jogging and build up endurance or you go to a shooting range to learn to handle weapons better.
And learning by doing of course.
But it has no skillsystem based on levelpoints.
And srsly: There may be 5-6 "stages" in CDPR if you look at the map (Danger: low, high - whatever, I played in german). The enemies healthbare are yellow or orange.
But it is not "Oh, F*CK +100 Level more then me --- onehit --- respawnpoint" like in (MMO)RPGs.
The levelrange is much to low.

The problem is, meanwhile you can't say: A game has a kind of skillsystem or abilities based on experience = RPG
Many, many Action Adventures and Shooters have that, too. I think even FarCry? No, not a RPG, for sure.

I love how a lot of people saying that GTA and Cyberpunk cannot be compared. Why so, I wonder.
CDPR are the ones who promised "next generation open world experience".
So that is what we do - comparing next gen openworld experience with past gen one :smart:
Again depends on how you define next-gen, i agree the physics and the like aren't there yet, but the world itself definitely is.
And like i said before they did try to market the game gta-style with their latest trailers and such, cause they wanted to up their sales most probably, but this game focuses on the same things the witcher focused on which is story and characters.

Fair, it does say that in it's description but the titles are not as specific. The AI I can somewhat agree with.

Overall physics and world interaction level not so much. Especially if by physics and world interaction you mean things like bullets splashing in the water.

Do we seriously needs to explain what "physics" means?

Highly interactive world would mean that player can interact with almost everything he see. In CP there is close to 0 interactive objects in open world. (npc included)

Top Bottom