[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Jepp, that way you can leave NC happily with Judy or Panam or Stay in NC, no space heist needed, with River or Kerry. Deleting those 6 months and we have 2 acceptable endings
Yeah, just delete a couple of lines and rewrite another couple - minimal effort. If only modders got the access to source code, they would already done it now.

Even with Johny wanting some stuff and act like totall jerk, you help him he fuck up Arasaka one more time he kill Adam you get him back with his lover Alt, ok all done and good, give me back my V so she can be badass Merc stay with Judy and get Panama to :D, how hard was to pull that off ?

Jepp, that way you can leave NC happily with Judy or Panam or Stay in NC, no space heist needed, with River or Kerry. Deleting those 6 months and we have 2 acceptable endings
Really. This is FO3 level of oversight.

They wanted to sell this game to fans of cyberpunk 2020 fans. My knowledge of the cyberpunk lore is pretty superficial and even I found this within 10 minutes of research.
A hardcore fan would have known this the moment the BS explanation comes up.

Really. This is FO3 level of oversight.

They wanted to sell this game to fans of cyberpunk 2020 fans. My knowledge of the cyberpunk lore is pretty superficial and even I found this within 10 minutes of research.
A hardcore fan would have known this the moment the BS explanation comes up.
Hardcore fans probably have other grudges, like the silent removal of Morgan Blackhand and massive alterations to the tower nuking sequence.
Post automatically merged:

It’s minus few lines, enabling playing after so called ending and turning off Johnny in any quest he would appear and his quests.

Endings fixed.
There is no need to turn Johnny off - i specially made all availible gigs and jobs before the heist in my second playthrough, to compare. If you play gig after the Heist, you have Johhny, in before the Heist - no Johhny.

Hardcore fans probably have other grudges, like the silent removal of Morgan Blackhand and massive alterations to the tower nuking sequence.

There is no need to turn Johnny off - i specially made all availible gigs and jobs before the heist in my second playthrough, to compare. If you play gig after the Heist, you have Johhny, in before the Heist - no Johhny.
Grudges. Yeah most likely.

But that oversight is just blatantly ignoring the lore and insulting the intelligence of the player.

Since I left this game with my second V in prolog waiting for the better times this really makes me sad.
now it’s just like “no, because reasons” :shrug:

Grudges. Yeah most likely.

But that oversight is just blatantly ignoring the lore and insulting the intelligence of the player.
Okay, you can say that Johnny's memories had been altered by his later self-reflection (this is scientific fact - people tend to alter their own memories with time, sincerely believing in the altered version), dictated by his egomania - he's the star, the main man, so it was him who nuked the tower, personally.

Since I left this game with my second V in prolog waiting for the better times this really makes me sad.
now it’s just like “no, because reasons” :shrug:
For know i have more faith in modding community than in CDPR.

If a dramatic story is enough to "reawaken" your suicidal thoughts, if this is true, you need a therapist.

But don't blame writers, any writer in the world, and their creative inputs for your problems.
From a game about choices and consequences i am expecting choices and consequences.
Everything is pointless here in the end.... and the bad endings available are badly written. They exist only for shock value.
For example: why johnny do not talk with V's friends after taking control of the body leaving everyone hating V for his behavior? It's just a way to artificially make a bad ending even worst.
They completely fucked up and completely fail to understand what rpg means.

From a game about choices and consequences i am expecting choices and consequences.

I do too, so let's criticize the lack of C&C, and not the fact that it has a dramatic ending. The two things are not the same, because better C&C doesn't necessarily mean having an happy ending.

I do too, so let's criticize the lack of C&C, and not the fact that it has a dramatic ending. The two things are not the same, because better C&C doesn't necessarily mean having an happy ending.
If you make your choices that way, you would have more satisfying endings. So C&C could lead to better endings, but since we´re not given that...

Okay, you can say that Johnny's memories had been altered by his later self-reflection (this is scientific fact - people tend to alter their own memories with time, sincerely believing in the altered version), dictated by his egomania - he's the star, the main man, so it was him who nuked the tower, personally.

For know i have more faith in modding community than in CDPR.
Johnny is an egocentric arsehole, who always needs to be the top-dog.
It made sense for me to alter his perspective on his life.

But fucking up the DNA-thing at the end, while the established lore of the world basically says that genetic modification is common and companies who do it exist, is insulting.

Johnny is an egocentric arsehole, who always needs to be the top-dog.
It made sense for me to alter his perspective on his life.

But fucking up the DNA-thing at the end, while the established lore of the world basically says that genetic modification is common and companies who do it exist, is insulting.
Indeed.

I always laugh at that bittersweet endings, while in reality games that are considered by player's as best and generally have lot of good reviews from players all have good endings. So can someone explain me, if it's a common knowledge why the hell even try to fix what is working?

Also i don't even bring reviewers here, as it was proven with Cp77 reviews and 10/10 score, they are just bunch of idiots, completelly unthrustworthy.

I always laugh at that bittersweet endings, while in reality games that are considered by player's as best and generally have lot of rewards all have good endings. So can someone explain me, if it's a common knowledge why the hell evern try to fix what is working?
In addition, everything V has to suffer through, the player suffers through as well.
The wonders of 1st person story telling.

I agree that the background for the end choices is kinda wacky but allowing V to live a happy life with no requirements and no consequences is even dumber. Trading half a year of V's life for the entire life of Johny is acceptable if our relationship with Silverhand went better and we believe that Johny has really changed. However, trading V's full life for Johny's does not seem an option in any case. Basically, we will end up with one happy path and the rest options are just placeholders.

I've just browsed the Nexus mod community and its forum. There were not a single mod, addressing the endings, not even MOD REQUEST topic on a forum. Feels like no one there is really bothered by endings to even request a mod, not to mentioned create it. Of course, i created a MOD REQUEST on forum, but my hopes are not high(
As for the other mod requests, people wishes many reasonable things, but mostly game mechanic-related. And, of course, to romance at will. Someone even want to romance Wakako. Old jakudza lady-fixer still has a fire!)

I agree that the background for the end choices is kinda wacky but allowing V to live a happy life with no requirements and no consequences is even dumber. Trading half a year of V's life for the entire life of Johny is acceptable if our relationship with Silverhand went better and we believe that Johny has really changed. However, trading V's full life for Johny's does not seem an option in any case. Basically, we will end up with one happy path and the rest options are just placeholders.
No. It's not dumb to let V live. The explanation for the plot-cancer is dumb.

Johnny does not want that body. He makes it perfectly clear that he wants to die. V on the other hand wants to live.
Giving Johnny the body is one gigantic plot hole, because both characters are absolutely out of character.

In addition, V has to live with Johnny going to cyberhell, saul/rogue being Adam smashered and being a refugee for the rest of his life.

The 6 months are just an edgy, illogical, reused and lore ignoring tool to provoke an emotional response.

I wrote short story, where V has two endings:

Path of Freedom - V leaves NC for all times, because after Mikoshi assault he is wanted for terrorism and other crimes. Also Arasaka put a price on his head. No glory, no money, but freedom and love of Panam/Judy. Kerry or River will dump him, though.

Path of Glory - V stays as legendary merc and Arasaka new top enforcer, like Smasher before him, because only Arasaka can protect V from legal trials and 1000 electrochairs V rightfully earned for his multiple crimes. Mountains of eddies, glory, exclusive Arasaka gear, but no freedom, and Panam/Judy will dump him. River and Kerry are fine, though.

Top Bottom