Cyberpunk 2077 Lost 79% of its Players in the First Month

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably has to do with short main story, limited replay value, and/or it just didn't run well for them and they gave up.

Myself, I've put 100+ hours in and haven't finished the main story.
Just messing around climbing things, exploring (where I can). Trying builds out.
Probably put it down for a bit and come back after the patches to finish up the game.

If you read the article, you will get the point. It's quite interesting because this fast drop in players has reasons, which are in my opinion obvious if you play the game: a.) the game can be quite short if you focus on the main story, b.) players are losing their interest very fast (because of bugs, or because the game is not what was promised) or/and c.) the game has no replayability.

Icinix

Forum veteran
Most people can finish the game in a week or two without too much issue.

It's a single player action / adventure game with a staggering high amount of pre-orders / and day 1 sales.

If there wasn't a huge drop off in the first month I'd be confused.

The real stats that matter are if those numbers go back up after a major DLC / expansion release.

jahkin

Forum regular
Didn't even finish it after learning the possible ending(s). Nope, lost all interest. Spend quite a bit and enjoyed myself, but I prefer to spend my times with games making me feel good and encourage me to play again, testing new things etc.

Before that I wanted to do a second run, full melee stealth ninja thingy...but nah, rather clean my SSD I think...

Pity, because it wasn't really bugs or glitches for me turning me off, but story decisions made by CD reds writing team for reasons I cannot follow ...

Not too surprising 1 it's a very rocky start, and 2 the main questline is like 20-30 hours tops. A significant number of players don't touch side stuff unfortunately and a significant number also tend not to complete the game in general at a surprisingly high number for a lot of games. All those things combined and you get what you see here.

some people really want to sink the ship. I will put my opinion: what has caused the release of cyberpunk 2077 on steam, collapsing its servers and with millions of people playing it simultaneously, has hardly been seen so far in the world of video games. The public is waiting for the expansions and arrangements to continue enjoying it. The witcher 3 no more than 100,000 simultaneous players, Cyberpunk more than 1,000,000 simultaneous players. It is valued very positively on pc and I am sure that CD PROJEKT RED will silence the haters in a few months. And those of us who love this game will enjoy it intensely .....

and/or it just didn't run well for them and they gave up.

Yep, it is my case.

Nvidia drivers keep crashing randomly from 5 minutes to an hour of gameplay and it is really frustrating. Will give it another go when both nvidia releases new drivers and CDPR releases more bugfixes. (Or when a 5700 XT / 6800 becomes available near MSRP and I get something that is at least stable enough to play on Vulkan via vkd3d)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom