[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
Endings shouldn't be neither rewards nor punishments. Just consistent consequences

exactly. The 6 months to live problem is not a consistent consequence.
If you didn't help Panam with her Problems, she won't help you in your time of need. That's a consistent consequence. By asking the Nomads for help, some of them die. Same thing.
If you don't ask the Nomads for help, they will leave Night City without you. Logical consequence.
If you romanced Judy, she won't stay with you in Night City, because she has seen what the City has done to Evelyn. Lovigal consequence.
Presenting rewritten DNA as a problem is nonsense. What is it a consequence of?

It's also an issue of roleplaying. If I play V as a Nomad, who came to Night City in search of a new family, and found that with Panam, there is no reason to consider helping Arasaka.
If I play V as a Street Kid who admires Saburo Arasaka, becoming the new bodyguard to Hanako or Saburo would be a huge honor.

Well. You could still go with arasaka, who chops up your brain or a slaves you on their servers.

Quid pro quo. You fucking send your new buddy to cyberhell and stand on the pile of bodies of good people who want you to live.

Btw. The sacrifice of johnny (who never wanted your body), Saul, Rogue, and all the others is negated by the 6 month timer.

Death in a story has to have a meaning. On our case, it enables. V to live. That meaning is destroyed by the plot-cancer.

Really. Start reading books.

What pile of friends are we talking about? Rogue is a friend of Johnny, not V. Sacrificing Rogue and then taking V's body is one of the worst ending, proving that Johnny still remains a selfish ***hole.

By going Panam's path, you lose a few noname friends and Saul that I never considered a friend. He was about to be replaced by Panam anyway. Dying in a fight isn't a bad end for a leader. V, especially if played as male nomad, would gain everything here: woman, clan, freedom, life.

What pile of friends are we talking about? Rogue is a friend of Johnny, not V. Sacrificing Rogue and then taking V's body is one of the worst ending, proving that Johnny still remains a selfish ***hole.

By going Panam's path, you lose a few noname friends and Saul that I never considered a friend. He was about to be replaced by Panam anyway. Dying in a fight isn't a bad end for a leader. V, especially if played as male nomad, would gain everything here: woman, clan, freedom, life.
well since you played a sociopath i guess you got what you deserved.

Well. Good for you then.

From your perspective, their sacrifices are even bigger, because they sacrificed themselves for an arsehole V.

and yes for me there is an illusion of choice when it comes to the endings because most all results in V dying, whether in 6 months or not doesn't matter, V dies.

I don't want to spoil your life ending, but you gonna die too. As we all.

If you play it like that sure, but that would be a bittersweet ending for my Streetkid V that didn't romance anyone, cared about Johnny by the end, loved Night City and originally refused Panam's offer to leave with the Aldecaldos because the nomad way of life wasn't for her. Other players getting the "perfect ending" for their specific character wouldn't affect mine.

Merge 2 and 3 into one — rich and legendary merc, but also Arasaka new top enforcer, like Smasher before V. Everything V and Jackie ever dreamed of, at the cost of freedom.
My point was that all those endings are not good endings but also not bad just for the sake of it.
No need of plot cancer.

Oh and just a reminder for people in the thread:

* You live in Nomad
* You probably live in Legend
* Engram V is actually V not a personality less copy and so you live with Alt Cunningham or Arasaka too

So you live in the majority of endings.
That is not proven. V is as much alive in those endings as much as dead, actually its leaning more to the dead side with all that overexplanation and poor writing.

It is a shitty supposedly open ending that leans a lot more towards MC death.

* You live in Nomad
* Engram V is actually V not a personality less copy and so you live with Alt Cunningham or Arasaka too

Again. Your headcanon is not what happens or what is indecated by the story.

The endings simply feel rushed and incomplete.

* You live in Nomad

I 100% agree with this, just keep repeating myself because I don't think V surviving in an organic body by the end automatically makes the endings less meaningful or too happy for the setting.

My point was that all those endings are not good endings but also not bad just for the sake of it.
No need of plot cancer.
Yes, i know. Either you get freedom, but no glory or riches, or vice versa. Like W3 endings — set of equal trade-offs.

Top Bottom