Cyberpunk 2077 Lost 79% of its Players in the First Month

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I Am barely 40 hours into the game, barely scratched the main story but went to town on the side gigs. I just wanted to say how surprised I was when looking at the secret storyline achievements on steam and the % of completion.
"The lovers" achievement you get after stealing the relic. 70% of all the players have it.
that means that out of every 100 players, 30 haven't even met Mr Silverhand

I Am barely 40 hours into the game, barely scratched the main story but went to town on the side gigs. I just wanted to say how surprised I was when looking at the secret storyline achievements on steam and the % of completion.
"The lovers" achievement you get after stealing the relic. 70% of all the players have it.

My 2nd and 3rd playthroughts both got over 30 hours before doing the Heist - so I'm not surprised by this.

Guest 4375874

Same here. I didn't focus on the main story until at least a week after launch and I played every day.

The clickbait article seems to be targeted at ppl who sped through the game using youtube tutorials and then they come here to post rants by streamers who again just do it for views. The witcher 3 fandom wasn't like this so I can only assume these are mostly ppl who just joined the community following the hype

67.6 % of Witcher 3 players completed White Orchard. Pretty close so far.

It lost its players cuz of unbelievably high peak of one million active players. 100-200k (as of today) is still pretty good considering 25% of the players already completed the game and 40% are halfway through (I use steam as a data source).

Cyberpunk has 10k viewers on Twitch this minute.

Chess has 14k. This game is less entertaining than Chess.

To be fair, chess is having a hell of a renaissance this year, between everyone being stuck inside, and some major events with streamers (Pogchamps). AFAIK chess still has the third largest sporting organization in the world, so maybe Cyberpunk staying close to that is a pretty optimistic sign.

Snip post

Telling someone you respect their opinion and expect them to respect yours. Then proceeding to blame everything wrong with the industry on them and their opinion. Oooh the irony.

As for the OP

Me: ITS NOT A MULTIPLAYER GAME, YOU IDIOTS.

This ^

That's pretty much it.

Every single singleplayer game sees a huge drop in player 50%+ within a month. It's nothing that spells doom and gloom.

Yes, CP has very little replayability and it certainly contributes to these numbers but as long as there numbers go up with patches and DLCs, there is literally no issue here.

To be fair, chess is having a hell of a renaissance this year, between everyone being stuck inside, and some major events with streamers (Pogchamps). AFAIK chess still has the third largest sporting organization in the world, so maybe Cyberpunk staying close to that is a pretty optimistic sign.

Not to forget Netflix's "Queen Gambit" :)

the game has no replayability.
I have to disagree with this, as I've done a crap ton of restarts trying out different builds. It might not have a lot of replayability for some people, but I know there are others like myself that are on their second, third, or even fourth time through and having fun.

I have to disagree with this, as I've done a crap ton of restarts trying out different builds. It might not have a lot of replayability for some people, but I know there are others like myself that are on their second, third, or even fourth time through and having fun.

I agree it's a matter of preference. I hardly ever replay games, but CP2077 is definitely one that I will replay at least 2 times(the base game). And then there will come expansions.

The decline is quite common after releases.
Perhaps a little sooner with all that's going on.
And since the game only has 50-70 hours of content most people have finished all the quests and sidequests already and their isn't much replay value.
I'd expect it to jump up again after each major patch, and DLC.
But the drop shouldn't be seen as an Ill omen, as it happens with pretty much every singleplayer game, let alone games with no endgame or replay value.

I agree it's a matter of preference. I hardly ever replay games, but CP2077 is definitely one that I will replay at least 2 times(the base game). And then there will come expansions.

I also rarely replay games, but I jumped straight into a second playthrough in CP2077.

Night City is just unprecedented and V is an amazing character, so even with all it's bugs CDPR knocked it out of the park where it counts. I doubt I'll get tired of being in Night City any time soon and by the time I do there's likely to be more content.

Also the game has been killing it on Steam, it has not left the top 5 most played games since the launch. It's crazy!

Also the game has been killing it on Steam, it has not left the top 5 most played games since the launch. It's crazy!

Not to mention it took 3 weeks for it to fall to #4 best seller on Steam. It occupied #1 for most of those 3 weeks, through a Steam winter sale.

These doom and gloom threads are completely unwarranted.

Meanwhile

No Man's Sky: hold my procedural beer
COAO3xk.png

mbrto

Forum regular
I also rarely replay games, but I jumped straight into a second playthrough in CP2077.

Night City is just unprecedented and V is an amazing character, so even with all it's bugs CDPR knocked it out of the park where it counts. I doubt I'll get tired of being in Night City any time soon and by the time I do there's likely to be more content.

amen brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom