Dev leaked info ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 11126690

The self censorship was pretty obvious to me and whoever the douche is that decided to censor everything, i.e. turn the "dark future" into a PG13 joke should be looking for a job.
That's because consoles and cloud gaming are money grabber things and wants families to play with every game in the market. Annoying ESRB range is one of the worst things in gaming and is always supported by mainstream platforms. That's why devs self-censored the game.

If you're game I am. I think it would be interesting to go line by line in the cut features and see what was mentioned by CDPR prior to release. Lifepaths for instance we're confirmed cut back from a 3 of 9 structure to 1 of 3 at E3 2019. Since then they've pretty much said lifepaths would each have a unique prologue mission and unique dialogue choices throughout the game. Which is fairly accurate.
Source ?

You would assume lifepaths would actually make an impact on the story too.
It's pretty sad that more and more of their marketing is being exposed as just clever play of words and misleading without actually lying.
Unfortunately, as it stands once more... I have little reason to believe I will pick up this game again in the near future.

You would assume lifepaths would actually make an impact on the story too.
It does. My Nomad V had several points where characters commented on her lifepath. It also regularly impacts dialogue, which is how a lot of the story is flavored. It doesn't impact anything mechanically, or limit paths through the story, but it would be pretty lame in my opinion if the first choice in character creation locked progress through certain parts of the story. The different backgrounds are a story flavor tool. Which is what we were told.

A comment tho don't make any difference. This is the same thing as Yes,Sarcastic Yes. It does not give anything meainingful no branching storyline. The Lifepaths are just short and somehow dumbed down origin stories. THing is in Dragon age Origins you had the same but actually the origin opened a lot in the game affected a lot how the world would react to you. Instead. Here in cyberpunk makes no difference. Is just adding a shallow different line in a game with shallow dialogue options.

What's the good point in that leak ? Censorship ruined another game ?
That cut content is intended to make it back into the game
Post automatically merged:

It does. My Nomad V had several points where characters commented on her lifepath. It also regularly impacts dialogue, which is how a lot of the story is flavored. It doesn't impact anything mechanically, or limit paths through the story, but it would be pretty lame in my opinion if the first choice in character creation locked progress through certain parts of the story. The different backgrounds are a story flavor tool. Which is what we were told.
I am personally actually in favor of locked content depending on your character creation choices. I have no issues with certain paths being locked for certain lifepaths if it means other are opened up.
It promotes replayability, promotes roleplay.

I have no issues with certain paths being locked for certain lifepaths if it means other are opened up.
It promotes replayability, promotes roleplay.
That's fair. I could actually get behind it too (kinda like how NPC romance preferences are impacted by voice and body type - which I like), but I also get why a developer wouldn't want to lock entire quests or paths behind a character creation choice.

That's fair. I could actually get behind it too (kinda like how NPC romance preferences are impacted by voice and body type - which I like), but I also get why a developer wouldn't want to lock entire quests or paths behind a character creation.
I don't really see why they wouldn't. I mean in witcher 2 they essentially split the game in half.

I think people are just frustrated. They wanted that wall climbing, flat-head deploying, stealth takedown-jacking, metro-riding, street cred using game. Who doesn't?! There wasn't enough time to make that game, and maybe the balance was screwy ontop of that.

Companies hate saying 'we tried, couldn't make it happen. It was buggy and we couldn't fix it, we probably wasted time trying to make it work.'

They say 'we made a design choice.'

Like when a politician talks. It just runs people the wrong way.

This cut content stuff I feel like is people mourning what could have been. All those things sound really awesome, but maybe they weren't as fun as they sound, or had problems in the engine. Or just needed more time then they had.

Cause they got a bunch of negative feedback for locking players out of content. It was a whole thing.
How did they lock them out tho? I don't understand that complaint. Both's paths were very well developed story paths that worth a replay.

Great. Someone reminded me of Iorweth not being in TW3 and now I'm sad again.

THANKS FAM!
Let the rage and dissapointment comsume you.

I think people are just frustrated. They wanted that wall climbing, flat-head deploying, stealth takedown-jacking, metro-riding, street cred using game. Who doesn't?! There wasn't enough time to make that game, and maybe the balance was screwy ontop of that.

Companies hate saying 'we tried, couldn't make it happen. It was buggy and we couldn't fix it, we probably wasted time trying to make it work.'

They say 'we made a design choice.'

Like when a politician talks. It just runs people the wrong way.

This cut content stuff I feel like is people mourning what could have been. All those things sound really awesome, but maybe they weren't as fun as they sound, or had problems in the engine. Or just needed more time then they had.
Quite frankly, I couldn't care less for all the combat features. I just want a proper RPG experience. I don't care for looter shooter games at all.

How did they lock them out tho? I don't understand that complaint. Both's paths were very well developed story paths that worth a replay.

Cuz you could only do one per playthrough.

Similarly to people complaining about romances in Cyberpunk having their own sexual preferences, starting a new game and playing it differently is not an option for them.

I mean, I agree. I didn't really get it either. If you go back and find the poll about it for Cyberpunk, I'm fairly confident I said I hope we can't do everything in one game. I like consequences generally speaking. But it was most certainly a gripe that players were locked out of Act 2 content based on Ioverth / Roche choice in Act 1 and I get not wanting to have consequences for content in game from a choice made before you really know the character at all. EDIT: In TW2 at least those choices are more informed about what I think "my Geralt" would do. We make the lifepath choice before we really know V at all.

I mean, I agree. I didn't really get it either. If you go back and find the poll about it for Cyberpunk, I'm fairly confident I said I hope we can't do everything in one game. I like consequences generally speaking. But it was most certainly a gripe that players were locked out of Act 2 content based on Ioverth / Roche choice in Act 1 and I get not wanting to have consequences for content in game from a choice made before you really know the character at all. EDIT: In TW2 at least those choices are more informed about what I think "my Geralt" would do. We make the lifepath choice before we really know V at all.
I agree with you. And you definitely can't please everyone. But that is the beauty of RPG games imho, the choice to experience the story one way, then in another playthrough have the option to experience a very different outcome, consequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom