So they really not gonna talk to us?

+
Yeah neither would I. But I'm not blaming the PR department. Management should have been prepared somewhat for this. Maybe not to the level we see today, but come on, they knew they were releasing the game unfinished and in a cut down version. They knew it didn't really work on consoles all that well. They should have had something prepped, knowing they could get EA levels of hatred tossed at them.

But then I don't know why I would think that the managers were anything at all competent in this release.

For sure.

The biggest surprise for me so far is that we're yet to see a Jason Schreier expose on how top down decisions from on high led to where we are now.

Edit: how the flying fluck did that just link to his Kotaku page?? I didn't do that.....

For sure.

The biggest surprise for me so far is that we're yet to see a Jason Schreier expose on how top down decisions from on high led to where we are now.

He already wrote one two years ago which should have been a warning sign at how things were going.

It was essentially a long article were he talked to several current and former CDPR employees and the situation they described was a pretty chaotic one.

Also having two creative director leave the project in mid development was also a sign that not all was well in CDPR.

Jason deserves critisism for many things but his articles on inner workings at studios have been pretty spot on, he also covered the Bioware anthem situation which was right on the money.

They've delivered a 'playable game' before the holidays... then basically went AFK.
Its this a joke?
Dont make me laugh. 😅
Post automatically merged:

Sure EA and Bethesda and Activision do it all the time.
They are some special kind of frauds in a slimy, discusting way.
I don't buy from this companies anymore. Ubisoft included. Dont need uncomplete, boring broken products that largely have masivelly been false advertised, full of dlcs, loot boxes, paid walls and other nonsense.
CD PROJECT RED ITS NEXT.
Post automatically merged:

I personally want some type of communication. All their official feeds are radio silence. When is next patch planned for? Is 1.07 going to be one of the "big" patches?
Must be too busy counting money :smart:

edit: I am strictly talking about performance updates, not new content.
When they hyped the game they talk so much. Like broken records. Now that they have conned morons into buying their uncomplete, false advertised, unplayable mess they dont need to say anything. Money have been made.

Last edited:
Christ, it's literally the first day back to work for most people after the Holidays, if CDPR is even back to work yet. They already said expect two big patches this month and Feb. The entitlement over a $60 purchase from some people, man. Calm down.

Christ, it's literally the first day back to work for most people after the Holidays, if CDPR is even back to work yet. They already said expect two big patches this month and Feb. The entitlement over a $60 purchase from some people, man. Calm down.
Not liking to be duped, conned its not entitlement.
Its just a common reaction.
False advertising is not some minor thing.
Its irelevant the price.
You dont sell me a 1 dollar thing that does not work as advertised and espect me to not say nothing.

Q: You like what gaming has become?

Full of broken, unfinished, boring products. Full of paid walls, loot boxes, tons of paid/free dlcs, of patches, eary access, betas, alphas, yearly releases of basically same thing, obbsesion with mobile, online, payable customizables(500 hundreds of dollar for a thingy în dota 2, a digital knife in cs go(I paid 300 dollar less for my real FKMD Spartan 2 Bayonet Leonida) , subscriptions, battle royal.

Last edited:
I personally want some type of communication. All their official feeds are radio silence. When is next patch planned for? Is 1.07 going to be one of the "big" patches?
Must be too busy counting money :smart:

edit: I am strictly talking about performance updates, not new content.
They already gave us an update couple of weeks ago regarding upcoming patches in January and February. What else do you want exactly?

I've said this before in this thread, but lets go down the rabbit hole again. First, there was 14 days, two weeks prior to the holiday's started, so you're saying that they didn't care enough in those two weeks to be bothered with us, but I guess it takes a full month to figure out what they should have known prior to launch.

But lets go down the 60 dollar purchase route. I don't care if it's 6, 60, 600, or 6000 or more. I'm a customer, and I'm entitled to my money's worth, and to purchase a product as advertised. That's not what I got. Call me entitled sure, but as a consumer in a market, it's my right to be entitled over any purchase, regardless of cost, if they mis-advertised the product and sell a broken product. Don't even say it wasn't broken either, because if it worked as it should Sony wouldn't have had to do what they did.

Oh, and why should I care if the managers have to put in a little overtime to talk to their fans and customers. I mean it's not like they cared about overtime with their employees and ensuring that their employees had a proper amount of family time for a year leading up to release, so why now, after management decided to release a broken game, that they know was broken when they launched it, should I care about their "family time' when they couldn't be bothered to care prior to this.

Do the employees deserve this vacation and family time, absolutely. Management, not so much, they can put in a few weeks of overtime.

I've said this before in this thread, but lets go down the rabbit hole again. First, there was 14 days, two weeks prior to the holiday's started, so you're saying that they didn't care enough in those two weeks to be bothered with us, but I guess it takes a full month to figure out what they should have known prior to launch.

But lets go down the 60 dollar purchase route. I don't care if it's 6, 60, 600, or 6000 or more. I'm a customer, and I'm entitled to my money's worth, and to purchase a product as advertised. That's not what I got. Call me entitled sure, but as a consumer in a market, it's my right to be entitled over any purchase, regardless of cost, if they mis-advertised the product and sell a broken product. Don't even say it wasn't broken either, because if it worked as it should Sony wouldn't have had to do what they did.

Oh, and why should I care if the managers have to put in a little overtime to talk to their fans and customers. I mean it's not like they cared about overtime with their employees and ensuring that their employees had a proper amount of family time for a year leading up to release, so why now, after management decided to release a broken game, that they know was broken when they launched it, should I care about their "family time' when they couldn't be bothered to care prior to this.

Do the employees deserve this vacation and family time, absolutely. Management, not so much, they can put in a few weeks of overtime.
Did you miss the yellow screen update from December 14?

Buying a game, I think you are "entitled to a working version of it. If i doesnt work, I think you are "entitled" to ask questions about the process of getting it working. Considering the complete lack of honesty and loss of trust, people are within in their rights to want to some communication. Yeah, the holidays and covid complicate things so it everything is pushed back; HOWEVER, given these circumstances and CDPR's blatant lies, there is a HIGH CHANCE the January update wont be out in January.

I completely understand why people would want more bilateral communication and updates from CDPR.

Did you miss the yellow screen update from December 14?

Oh please that wasn't an update, that was a PR statement. Since the 14th, nothing. So 10 days from there to Christmas Eve nothing. No idea if they're on track, no idea what the plan now is for the DLC they were talking about, no idea what their plan is to get the game back into the Playstation store, no idea what's in the January patch, or when they plan roughly on getting it out.

And lets be honest, CDPR saying January and February, concidering their record of a) meeting release dates and b) releasing not-so-quality products late, I think they should be saying something a little more concrete then "Sorry... patches in the coming months that won't make the game as good as it should be but better, and refunds".

So 10 days after that, we've gotten two little patches, that fixed almost nothing on the PC, and hasn't addressed most of the communities concerns, and hasn't fixed the Sony debacle to where Sony feels comfortable putting it back in its store.

But yet you think a comment back three weeks ago with nothing even remotely concrete, from a company with a recent track record of delays and shoody products, is okay to stay silent?

It was just Christmas and New Years... most people I know just got back to work Today and it's not like they came in with a vengeance.

Why games released right before holidays isn't all it's cracked up to be IMO

What do you want them to say?

I mean... anything?

Initially they said free DLCs would start rolling in early 2021, but later there was statement implying that this situation might impact their release date, so I’d like to know when to expect them.

I’d also like to know when we’ll see a new patch and what to expect from it

It’s still unclear whether they plan to just fix the bugs or will they implement more substantial upgrades to the game, so I wouldn’t hate knowing that either.

They’ll probably keep their cards close to their chest, so they don’t make promises they can’t keep again, but some transparency would be nice.

'Twas several nights before Christmas,
When all through CD Projekt,
No execs were stirring, but several fast coding techs.

The game had been launched, well ahead of release.
In the hopes that getting it out, would land with a shout.

The gamers all nestled, all communicating online.
Trying to get Cyberpunk working, after yet another.. flatline.

When out on the web, there was such a clatter.
Sony had pulled the game, something was clearly the matter.

Away from Windows, in the land of consoles.
Turns out someone, or all, forgot to code for those olds.

The investors come all, launched a brutal phone call,
Engaging class action, as a single, united faction.

It appeared the uppers at Red, walled up and bricked,
Seemed to forget that gamers in general, don't like being tricked.
Far deep inside, the buildings they were in,
They whistled and shouted, frantic within.

But no word had been heard, no noise from those halls.
For this holiday period, they'd all headed for the hills.

A much needed break all those involved.
Would need to rekindle, reignite the fire of old.

Whilst Cyberpunk needs work, for much to be sure,
The team who had crunched, for an age it would seem,
Should step right away, out of sight, beyond seen.
Come back refreshed, re-invigorated, with keen.

Hopefully soon, the news will start to come.
Work on the game is no longer doldrum,
and Cyberpunk 2077,
With a shout - will one day soon be done.

Oh please that wasn't an update, that was a PR statement. Since the 14th, nothing. So 10 days from there to Christmas Eve nothing. No idea if they're on track, no idea what the plan now is for the DLC they were talking about, no idea what their plan is to get the game back into the Playstation store, no idea what's in the January patch, or when they plan roughly on getting it out.

And lets be honest, CDPR saying January and February, concidering their record of a) meeting release dates and b) releasing not-so-quality products late, I think they should be saying something a little more concrete then "Sorry... patches in the coming months that won't make the game as good as it should be but better, and refunds".

So 10 days after that, we've gotten two little patches, that fixed almost nothing on the PC, and hasn't addressed most of the communities concerns, and hasn't fixed the Sony debacle to where Sony feels comfortable putting it back in its store.

But yet you think a comment back three weeks ago with nothing even remotely concrete, from a company with a recent track record of delays and shoody products, is okay to stay silent?
Every update is a PR statement. Not every PR statement is an update. That was clearly an update. They gave us their plan for upcoming patches in the next two months.

And regarding if they will keep their word is another matter entirely. It will be perfectly fair to ask for a January patch by the end of it. In case they don't deliver. You will know if they're on track once the date arrives.

For me it's OK if they proceed to patch the game as they announced in December. They don't need to hold my hand and calm me down every couple of days by reiterating "we're on track, don't worry" or "remember the patches we promised? at this very moment we're hard at work to deliver them as planned!".

Last edited:
Its this a joke?
Dont make me laugh. 😅
You can think of it all you want, as far as I can deduce that was the aim of hotfix 1.06.
If you look clearly I put it between quotes aswell meaning that: no, that wasnt entirely achieved.

But its the reality we currently have so...

I mean... anything?

Initially they said free DLCs would start rolling in early 2021, but later there was statement implying that this situation might impact their release date, so I’d like to know when to expect them.

I’d also like to know when we’ll see a new patch and what to expect from it

It’s still unclear whether they plan to just fix the bugs or will they implement more substantial upgrades to the game, so I wouldn’t hate knowing that either.

They’ll probably keep their cards close to their chest, so they don’t make promises they can’t keep again, but some transparency would be nice.

If I were to take a guess they are going with the No Man's Sky strategy, stay silent because anything they say now will likely only fan the flames and just work on content and bug fixes.

Top Bottom