why is there a hidden choice? WTF [Spoilers]

+
I found out after beating the game that takemura could be saved. what bullshit

why hide the choice?

I cannot reload a save

NO SENSE

I´d actually like if there were more story options that are not this clear (and in this case Johnny says something like "let´s ignore him and get out of here" which suggests that he can be saved).

[SPOILERS] The problem I have with saving Takemura or ignoring him, is that it has literally no impact on the outcome of the final mission. Either he proposes you the final decision or Hellman does, but other than that the mission is the exact same.

I´d actually like if there were more story options that are not this clear (and in this case Johnny says something like "let´s ignore him and get out of here" which suggests that he can be saved).

[SPOILERS] The problem I have with saving Takemura or ignoring him, is that it has literally no impact on the outcome of the final mission. Either he proposes you the final decision or Hellman does, but other than that the mission is the exact same.

i agree but i remember i have a bug and I reloaded the save in that point, I probably missed that piece. f**k is the only one hidden, it is not obvious to think so. I would have thought about it if it had been the same for the other characters.

it doesn't bother me for the ending but maybe for the dlc

How was it clear that you can save him? There is no optional objectibe for tha quest.
All the more reason to fuck Jhonny imo.

I missed it the first time too, since for all other optional things an objective was given.
As I said, I think that it is generally a good thing to promote going out of your way and "unlocking" extra stuff that way, but it should have an impact in the further story.

also missed him in the first run (quest should be fixed via displaying "save takemura" as optional goal imho), but if you are on pc, you can download a savegame.

Its not a problem tbh, theres also a hiding "option" to "betray" Panam and im guessing maybe one for Judy though i've not worked it out yet.

The problem isnt that its not shown in journal or on screen as a "optional" marker, the "problem" is players are so accustomed to being hand held and guided/told what to do that anything not doing that is perceived as making no sense or shite development decisions when in actual fact there great choices made on the developers part.

It makes me eager to continuously dive in and see if there is more non marked avenues to explore

why hide the choice?

I cannot reload a save

NO SENSE
Don’t worry saving him or not makes as much difference as the the endings themselves .
You can choose only flavo how he will be written off either die during Search and destroy , perform Sepuku or is permanently departing to Japan.

There is little bit hidden content, for example you can meet that woman from first trailer, she has little quest
Post automatically merged:

i'm a day 1 player. about 30% through story line. why would you post this? the thread title just completely spoiled the story for me...
Why would you go into forums?

been a contributor in forums since day 1. my goal is to help developers flesh out issues in teh game. why does anyone visit forums?

Don't think I like that the scene or its consequences aren't more fleshed out. Lots of built up urgency, but the player doesn't feel the weight of leaving Takemura behind, because it's not clear that you can actually save him.

All the title did was make you realise at some point a option can/could occur

Could've worded it differently sure, but you choose to click it

why hide the choice?

I cannot reload a save

NO SENSE
The problem is not that they hide the choice.. the problem is that they gave you a clear indicator to get our of there.. instead not giving you a checkpoint at all.. it bother me too cause i was actually goin through the rooms without knowing that there is small space where you can go back.. so 20 minutes later and killing a lot of people on very hard i gave up cause i thought its scripted .. didnt saw that little space that you can make you go back.. the game kinda lies to us.. cause everything was so linear ud think nothing will change lol

Top Bottom