Dev leaked info ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this leak is credible now... modders just found a way to romance Judy as a MALE V. Worse, Male V has voice lines for Judy... it got cut-out... it's in the game files like what the leak stated. Holy crap.

Well.. My brother is a dev on CDPR, more exactly as engine progammer, (went aboard in 2018 to work on CP2077), he just came back from holidays breaks at this monday but he said me the ambient at CDPR offices are to die for, with the dev teams being almost anger to death with the managment and each other. The leak everyone being talking about is fake as there are no plans for a June revamp (they are mainly crunching the PS4/XBOX fix atm)

So cdpr and the moderators claim that there are no devs in the office as they are all working in homeoffice?

The leak everyone being talking about is fake as there are no plans for a June revamp...
The best part about the supposed "leak" to me is the whole idea of turning the game into what it was supposed to be and what worries me is the possibility that CDPR is under the impression that if they just fix the bugs and glitches that will be enough to start rolling out paid story DLC. That would be a huge mistake and show extreme inability to read the room which would likely result in an even worse backlash.

The best part about the supposed "leak" to me is the whole idea of turning the game into what it was supposed to be and what worries me is the possibility that CDPR is under the impression that if they just fix the bugs and glitches that will be enough to start rolling out paid story DLC. That would be a huge mistake and show extreme inability to read the room which would likely result in an even worse backlash.

The leak, no matter if fake or not, should be the base of cdprs roadmap.
This game could have been the half life, gta:sa, or similar of this generation.
Dont get me wrong, still liked it, but its to obvious that much more was planned.

Also i don't get how some say that most of the cut content was communicated before and that it isn't that much.
Damn, have you even played the game?
Its not about the cut content we knew about before, its about the non functioning and cut content which is in the game they released.

That would be a huge mistake and show extreme inability to read the room which would likely result in an even worse backlash.
Well, not really. Their rep is already down the drain, so this would fit perfectly well with this "new" way of doing things at CDPR (i.e. all talk, false promises, slapdash effort).

Last edited:
Well, not really. Their rep is already down the drain, so this would fit perfectly well with this "new" way of doing things at CDPR.
That reasoning may appear to have some sort of logic behind it but that's not how war works. Regardless of what CDPR does there will be backlash from someone which will summon the white knights which in turn will summon more goblins. If CDPR just fixes the bug and glitches and calls it a day then all the same people will be pissed off X2 and other people will defend CDPR's decision which will only result in reinforcements in another assault on the castle.

A lot of people don't like cops but a lot of people appreciate a cop with a genuine heart to serve but almost nobody likes a corrupt cop. CDPR set themselves up as "the gamers company" and then they did everything to prove they weren't. Even now there are people still hanging on to that tarnished reputation, imagine when they finally break lol.

download (48).jpg

That reasoning may appear to have some sort of logic behind it but that's not how war works. Regardless of what CDPR does there will be backlash from someone which will summon the white knights which in turn will summon more goblins. If CDPR just fixes the bug and glitches and calls it a day then all the same people will be pissed off X2 and other people will defend CDPR's decision which will only result in reinforcements in another assault on the castle.

A lot of people don't like cops but a lot of people appreciate a cop with a genuine heart to serve but almost nobody likes a corrupt cop. CDPR set themselves up as "the gamers company" and then they did everything to prove they weren't. Even now there are people still hanging on to that tarnished reputation, imagine when they finally break lol.

View attachment 11129189

A pyrrhic victory no matter the outcome.

Even now there are people still hanging on to that tarnished reputation, imagine when they finally break lol.
Well, these same people already praise the game as a 10/10 masterpiece, so... I doubt anything will change their minds. :shrug:

But, yeah, I see your point - I just don't think it matters all that much in the long run.

Not sure I can believe all of that due to how utterly mindbogglingly stupid it is. The idea that any company would throw away 4 years worth of development because a script has changed is mental. Then on top of that throwing away even more work because one of the voice actors asks for a bigger part? Then to further add to the absurdity, when they realise they have a game that is buggy, with unfinished systems and features, they delay the game and instead of spending this time fixing the bugs, they simply strip out features that have presumably taken months of work to develop? Therefore throwing away even more work.

If this is all true then the people managing the project are amongst the least qualified people in the world to manage anything. They are not fit for purpose.

But with that said, this is a company that thought they could lie about the game working on last gen consoles. I mean how did they expect to get away with that? The whole thing is ridiculous on a level that eclipses even Betheda and Fallout 76.

Literally anyone could have managed this better using nothing more than some common sense, never mind having any actual project management experience.

It's the developers I feel sorry for. They are clearly perfectly able to create a great game. There is enough there to show the devs know what they are doing. It's unfortunate all their hard work and overtime will be forgotten in the midst of this farce.

Well, these same people already praise the game as a 10/10 masterpiece, so... I doubt anything will change their minds. :shrug:

But, yeah, I see your point - I just don't think it matters all that much in the long run.
Yep you're right but a lot of that praise is due to the psychological pressure of the emotional investment and image created in their minds from the marketing etc, they don't want to face the reality of being lied to as well as believing the lie so as a defense mechanism they continue to believe the lie and have to over compensate for the criticism by calling it a 10/10 and masterpiece etc. The psychology of the situation and the effects of consumer relations (psychological manipulation) is really fascinating.

All that aside though, I don't envy CDPR's position and personally I do want to see them pull through and make things right. Not because I have any illusions about them being "the gamers company" or anything like that but because at the core of who I believe they want to be as games developers, I think they have the potential to make great games and move the industry forward if they can rediscover the courage of their convictions and as a consumer and a gamer I need people to make great games so I can buy them and enjoy them.

So what's the point about releasing these new patch/updates ? There's nothing good in that leak.
Post automatically merged:

Censored content will probably remain censored. They could restore these scenes only if it was self-censorship and not forced-censorship.
I am over the whole censorship question personally. It's obvious it wont happen. But that is fine. We have mods to compensate for that. And mods will probably make saucier content than the devs would ever be allowed to.

The leak talks about important game features tho that could make the game a much better RPG experience.

Yep you're right but a lot of that praise is due to the psychological pressure of the emotional investment and image created in their minds from the marketing etc, they don't want to face the reality of being lied to as well as believing the lie so as a defense mechanism they continue to believe the lie and have to over compensate for the criticism by calling it a 10/10 and masterpiece etc. The psychology of the situation and the effects of consumer relations (psychological manipulation) is really fascinating.

All that aside though, I don't envy CDPR's position and personally I do want to see them pull through and make things right. Not because I have any illusions about them being "the gamers company" or anything like that but because at the core of who I believe they want to be as games developers, I think they have the potential to make great games and move the industry forward if they can rediscover the courage of their convictions and as a consumer and a gamer I need people to make great games so I can buy them and enjoy them.

It really does warrant analysis from a psychological perspective. I'm frequently amazed by people's abaility to create, maintain and defend truly absurd levels of cognitive dissonance. We often describe failure as incompetence when the reality is that it is often contrived and that known pyschological methods are routinely deployed to create and exploit the minds of others.

I'd love them to make good on their promises. I really do mean that, but I'm not about to sit around and dutifully wait for that to happen. I stopped trying to play he game after a couple of hours and put my refund request in yesterday. I will gladly rush headlong back into the fray when I know it isn't, ultimately, an irrational activity.

I am over the whole censorship question personally. It's obvious it wont happen. But that is fine. We have mods to compensate for that. And mods will probably make saucier content than the devs would ever be allowed to.

The leak talks about important game features tho that could make the game a much better RPG experience.
Console Army is prepared for a long battle with an endless supply of high alcohol content molotov cocktails.

Do your self a favor and play The Witcher 3.
1. if you already have it your not really supporting CDPR (cause you already did)
2. It haves some of the best branching stories with choices that truly matter.
3. You will see why so many thought Cyberpunk 2077 was going to be amazing, just based off of The Witcher 3 alone.

Yea, I already have the game. Two copies actually ha!

Alas though I'm that disappointed and frustrated that I just can't motivate myself to play anything with CDPR's name on it. I might play The Witcher 3 in the future whenever/if I can get over the disappointment. I'm sure it is a great game but for now I'd rather just move on. Besides if I do play and end up enjoying it, I might just end up feeling worse because of the whole 'What could of been' and the fact that obviously Cyberpunk 2077 isn't even half as good as The Witcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom