Dev leaked info ?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really does warrant analysis from a psychological perspective. I'm frequently amazed by people's abaility to create, maintain and defend truly absurd levels of cognitive dissonance. We often describe failure as incompetence when the reality is that it is often contrived and that known pyschological methods are routinely deployed to create and exploit the minds of others.

I'd love them to make good on their promises. I really do mean that, but I'm not about to sit around and dutifully wait for that to happen. I stopped trying to play he game after a couple of hours and put my refund request in yesterday. I will gladly rush headlong back into the fray when I know it isn't, ultimately, an irrational activity.
Unfortunately much of the consumer base focuses solely on the consuming part and completely ignores the path of becoming a self empowered consumer which can only result in good things for the industry. Slowly but surely things are changing for the better though thanks to the internet.

I stopped playing in Act 2, still hanging on to the copy though. If I don't get my moneys worth from the game, I'll get it by other means.

I believe this leak is credible now... modders just found a way to romance Judy as a MALE V. Worse, Male V has voice lines for Judy... it got cut-out... it's in the game files like what the leak stated. Holy crap.

Nope, wrong. Give it a rest now.

"There are some irregularities when playing the Judy romance as male V, however. While you can see the male body type in the sex scene, V's hand clips through objects on occasion. Later, in a scene involving Carol and Judy, Carol tells Judy and male V: "leave you girls to it."

Some fans have called this "cut content", but speaking to Eurogamer, a CD Projekt representative denied this was the case, insisting the male voice lines were only recorded "so we could avoid missing something by mistake that would require future recordings".

"It was simply more convenient and easier for our localisation team from a production point of view to record all lines with both voices, so we could avoid missing something by mistake that would require future recordings," the CDP rep explained.

"This was done with pretty much everything just to be on the safe side although it can vary between the different languages.

"Judy was always only a female V romance partner and that was the artistic vision from the start, there was no male romance option cut from the game.""

If this is all true then the people managing the project are amongst the least qualified people in the world to manage anything. They are not fit for purpose.

The dev team was highly vocal about the unrealistic deadlines set by management in a meeting. It was clear that they needed more time to make the cut content function properly. According to Jason Schrier, another dev explained that they needed 5-6 more months with crunch to fully flesh out the game.

It's been stated since 2019 that there are three lifepaths impacting dialogues and prologues. In 2018 there was a magazine quote that also mentioned additional unique questlines, but I haven't heard about those in more than two years. Doesn't claim to be anything more than background flavor. It's also been confirmed a long time that V is a semi-fixed character, not the sort of blank-slate that would have vastly different gameplay experiences based on character creation choices. See this for the flavor descriptions given earlier this year ... seems pretty accurate.

In the thread I linked (props to people putting that together btw) go to the part about LP's leading to non-linear quest design. Hit up the link there and read the quoted text (dev quote). It talks about non-linear quest design, how LP's tie into it, etc. If we take all of these statements and interpret them a certain way it does align with what is in the game.

As I've mentioned in other threads, at a certain point it becomes less about what they said. It's about whether the mechanic is good, feels like it had extensive work put into it and the way it improves the overall gameplay experience. In this case, or for LP's, I think it flopped. All that commentary about non-linear quests also flopped. Outside of very specific cases at very specific points in the game, and there aren't many of these, the LP mechanic simply doesn't matter. Choices and consequences fit the same bill.

I personally love the character creator. It gives a lot of options, and most of them look really good. We can definitely alter a lot of V's characteristics, but she's still always V, the Edgerunner mercenary outlaw going after a one-of-a-kind implant that is the key to immortality. We've known since 2018 that V is a customizable but somewhat fixed character for narrative purposes.

The options to adjust superficial appearance are there, sure. I wasn't being critical of those. As is the case with LP's you could definitely argue the... spirit of the character fits the description. Still, it's like they implied V as a character was going to play out differently then Geralt did for the player. I don't think it works out this way in the game. Customize V anyway you wish. Change physical appearance, progression, put them in a clown suit. It's still V. Customization rarely matters outside of physical appearance and the 40 different ways you can destroy things (these fears were brought up well before release on this very forum after people saw character progression... fears realized).

This is one of those areas where I have to toss my hands up and ask what the hell happened? Which is it? A fixed V for the cinematic narrative? A player defined V where it's up to the player and fits with "open world". It's as if they tried to deliver both, utterly failed to deliver the latter and we ended up with "square peg in round hole" situation. This same argument can be extended to other areas. Too much stuff was trying to be shoved together.

In the media we watch. In the sights and sounds of the city. In the random conversations we see (I actually think there are quite a lot of them over the course of the game). In some of the side quests (Heroes, Sinnerman, Delamaine, Kerry's questline). In the optional text and call conversations with NPCs. I don't think I ever saw CDPR claim this was going to be a life-sim style game (as much as I personally would have loved that). Nor do I remember them implying that might be the case. We knew things like eating, drinking, visiting bars and sleeping were optional and purely flavor role-play with at most minor gameplay rewards.

Oh, you can see this type of stuff. You can't engage with it in any way though. And I think people assume this complaint is insisting on a life-sim experience. It is not.

I recall earlier in one of my games stumbling on a pool table in a club/bar. I stopped for a second and was like, "Hmm, I wonder if I can play pool for money or something to interact with this world?". Nope, no pool.

I'd see NPC's talking about something I thought was interesting and wonder if I could gain anything from seeing the conversation until it's completion. Maybe even walk up and get interesting feedback from the NPC's. Nope... It's the same generic, "Get the fuck outta my face gonk.", dialogue response. Unless it's a cop, then they aggro on me and start shooting if you stand there too long....

I'd clear a bandit camp (organized crime I think), find a locked door, open it and see a handful of NPC's in there. I guess they were locked up? The game didn't really explain it. One of them was like, "Thanks"., for some reason. They then walked out of this... cage and sat by a fire. After that, nothing. No interaction at all. No, "Hey, we were locked up and you saved us, sit by the fire and take a swig of Oklahoma.".

Remember TW3? You'd clear an area sometimes and NPC's would appear, thank you for it, etc. You might get a new vendor. Yeah, this was all rather generic. Even so all of those NPC's seemed organic to the environment. It felt like the experience made sense. At least it was something. Find that in CP2077....

Consider the factions alone in this game. The corps and gangs. Yeah, these guys have lore behind them. You can find it all over the place in the game. But from the player perspective, at least on the gameplay side of things, they're just corps and gangs. Tyger Claws, Animals, Scavs, Maelstrom.... It's just another soulless zombie waiting to have it's neck snapped and shoved into a trash can.... The lone exception is if it's on the yellow brick quest road. Even then, the opportunities to pit these guys against each other, engage with them, pick a side, whatever is incredibly limited. Almost non-existent.

They didn't advertise this as a feature. Again, advertisement and what was said is less important compared to the end result. In fact, given how watered down much of the content is in CP2077 I often ask myself what the hell they put in this game. However many years and this is what they could come up with?

Police - I think the most I saw said about it was Miles Tost saying in (Dec 2018?) that the system was that police would come if you committed crimes, and basically your choices were fight until you eventually get overwhelmed, or run. I think that's basically how it works.

Would you say the police mechanics work well in this game? I ask because to me it's one of the worst implementations I've ever seen in this type of game (out of games I've played). When the player commits a "crime" the cops teleport in and flank them? Are you serious? From here you have the choice to sit there and shoot back at the cops for eternity or run away a bit and, nothing. Nobody remembers you or what you did.

Fist fights and car races are both decent-ish - But we were told about these two things back at E3 2019 when asks about side things V could do for fun other than questing. It was pretty much the whole list.

I'll let earlier comments on car races stand.

Fist fights.... I have a lot of mean things to say :). Decent-ish? Are we talking about the same fist fights? 3 second wind-up moron punches? Perfect blocks and still taking damage? Dodging, watching the NPC hit air and still taking damage? A handful of attack/dodge sequences the opponents appear to cycle through? The animations/physics here are simply not good (pretty sure something is off with the physics/collisions in general in fact, queue the "I believe I can fly" song when stepping on a pile of trash bags... assuming you don't flatline). The mechanics are more annoying than anything.

I actually drop my game to the easiest difficulty when doing fist fights. Know why? I don't want to be bothered spending anymore time on them then necessary. I'd go so far as to say TW3 fist fights were better. And those basically consisted of dodge/block -> counter -> rinse/repeat until it was over.

In closing, I'll reemphasize a point. If you want to say they gave us what they said if you interpret the statements in a very specific way, sure. I'll give ya that. I'm less concerned with this though. I'm more concerned with the quality. As things stand it's like someone saying they'll make dinner for the family. They then turn around and hand each member of the family an unpeeled orange. Here ya go, technically it qualifies as dinner. Get to peeling. And when you get done collect all them bottle caps....

Am I really supposed to believe all of this falls on mismanaged time constraints? Unrealistic deadlines and paid slavery? Yeah, sure, they're going to "fix" all of this stuff and more on a whim. Roll out patches over 6 months to a year. The game will be a masterpiece. Ahem.... eh... horseshit.

Not sure I can believe all of that due to how utterly mindbogglingly stupid it is. The idea that any company would throw away 4 years worth of development because a script has changed is mental. Then on top of that throwing away even more work because one of the voice actors asks for a bigger part? Then to further add to the absurdity, when they realise they have a game that is buggy, with unfinished systems and features, they delay the game and instead of spending this time fixing the bugs, they simply strip out features that have presumably taken months of work to develop? Therefore throwing away even more work.

If this is all true then the people managing the project are amongst the least qualified people in the world to manage anything. They are not fit for purpose.

But with that said, this is a company that thought they could lie about the game working on last gen consoles. I mean how did they expect to get away with that? The whole thing is ridiculous on a level that eclipses even Betheda and Fallout 76.

Literally anyone could have managed this better using nothing more than some common sense, never mind having any actual project management experience.

It's the developers I feel sorry for. They are clearly perfectly able to create a great game. There is enough there to show the devs know what they are doing. It's unfortunate all their hard work and overtime will be forgotten in the midst of this farce.

Obvious that you never worked in some (bigger) software company, this happens so often, its nothing special.

Console Army is prepared for a long battle with an endless supply of high alcohol content molotov cocktails.
Would be nice but I don't expect much from console player that are fine with paying same game every year + absurd monetization..

Nope, wrong. Give it a rest now.

"There are some irregularities when playing the Judy romance as male V, however. While you can see the male body type in the sex scene, V's hand clips through objects on occasion. Later, in a scene involving Carol and Judy, Carol tells Judy and male V: "leave you girls to it."

Some fans have called this "cut content", but speaking to Eurogamer, a CD Projekt representative denied this was the case, insisting the male voice lines were only recorded "so we could avoid missing something by mistake that would require future recordings".

"It was simply more convenient and easier for our localisation team from a production point of view to record all lines with both voices, so we could avoid missing something by mistake that would require future recordings," the CDP rep explained.

"This was done with pretty much everything just to be on the safe side although it can vary between the different languages.

"Judy was always only a female V romance partner and that was the artistic vision from the start, there was no male romance option cut from the game.""

Thats bs, wouldnt be in the game if it wasnt intended

If you want to say they gave us what they said if you interpret the statements in a very specific way, sure. I'll give ya that.
That's exactly what I'm saying. The whole point of this discussion was that they weren't hiding stuff that was changed. A lot of stuff was specifically mentioned by CDPR pre launch and is similar in final game as described. That doesn't mean that every system is the greatest, but this discussion was supposed to be about whether CDPR discussed changed features / cut content prior to launch. Which by an large they did.

You know, until I can play it, I'm not gonna belive anymore in this company words, I'm willing to give them the benefit of doubt, but nothing more

IMO is an interesting way to terminate that response. I wonder what role you think you're playing in this thread. Is it that of a moderator or a consumer? My understanding of forum moderation is that it is to ensure a safe space for discussions to take place and little else? I would hope that I would be grossly misrepresenting and unfairly characterising your input as damage/narrative control or as hostile censor etc etc.
As you can clearly read in my signature, my public musings are my own unless indicated otherwise.

CDPR should really become way more transparent from now on and talk to us directly, modders are going to find what's going on, or someone from CDPR going to talk to someone...

Would be nice but I don't expect much from console player that are fine with paying same game every year + absurd monetization..
All things can be made to be useful if you know how to use them. To someone who knows how to use the torch their carrying, what you have described isn't a mindless consumer but a ticking time bomb.
download (11).gif

What about this?
Their community system is a lot more sophisticated than it was in TW3. The npcs do more and there are more of them. There's one quote from 2018 where they talk about persistent NPCs with routines, and that must have changed. But otherwise the description seems pretty on to me. They likely (this is a guess) had to change the persistent NPCs component it for performance reasons.

So yes, I'll give you persistent NPCs in the crowd system. But that's pretty small potatoes in the scheme of the game.

For you maybe not for me !

Genuine question regarding NPC AI routines;

What would they add for you in the game personally?

For me I spend most of my time just running through them, they're just moving furniture to make the world feel alive - their day to day activities don't really interest me.

Is it merely a more detailed immersion or are wanting to get something more out of it?

So are people still defending this mess? I want to ask those something.

If you take the game remove all the pointless clear the bandit camp ubisoft content ((gigs)) what remains?... A super short linear sidequest and an hand half full of linear short sidequest?

This game has no content and the content that is inside Art department at side is very mediocre and shallow. They may fix the bug they may bring more oprimization but the problem is that the core of the game is still boring and shallow.

So are people still defending this mess? I want to ask those something.

If you take the game remove all the pointless clear the bandit camp ubisoft content ((gigs)) what remains?... A super short linear sidequest and an hand half full of linear short sidequest?

This game has no content and the content that is inside Art department at side is very mediocre and shallow. They may fix the bug they may bring more oprimization but the problem is that the core of the game is still boring and shallow.

I don't know - so many of the gigs have a staggering amount of lore, non flagged choices and flow on effects to other gigs. They're not just clear them, although you can totally do that if you want. The Fixer might tell you were sloppy, but you still complete them.

The ones where objectives allow you to ghost your way through without ever being seen, finding out characters you deal with might be up to some seriously dark shit and giving you to freedom to end them or not are some of the best smaller scale filler quests in any open world game.

I agree there should be a lot more content with the main characters (especially Jackie, Misty, Mama Welles, T-Bug, Evelyn, Judy and on and on) - but the GIGs and smaller stuff hidden throughout the world offer some excellent RPG experiences.

Thats bs, wouldnt be in the game if it wasnt intended
You can romance Panam with the feminine V voice, as long as the body is masculine.

they ‘might’ have considered doing this for Judy, have her romance limited to only the feminine body type BUT they decided to restrict it to both feminine body and voice. This is clearly visible because the animations are made for the feminine body and there is gender specific dialogue as mentioned before.

Tbh nothing breaks immersion as much as NPCs disappearing the moment you turn your camera away. Or, alternatively, police NPCs spawning exactly behind your back. Such lazy shortcuts instead of properly implemented spawning/despawning system immediately destroy all immersion.

Fair enough. Like I said, it's never been an issue because they're just filler I run through so I'm not fussed, and on the police - well I never do anything to warrant them attacking me, so that hasn't been an issue too.

..but I'm all for anything that improves immersion and experience for other gamer for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom