GIG - BREAKING NEWS - BROKEN - PC

+
Just wanted to draw attention to this BUG. The el capitan gigs are broken in my game.

Every mission is one mission behind. Meaning when I finished one gig from capitan, i get the phone call telling me about the gig i just finished... he is calling to tell me about a gig that I literally just did for him. I just kept going with it cause I couldn't seem to break the bug loop or reset it, with reloading or restarting.

The gig - BREAKING NEWS - when i finish it wants me to collect my reward from a drop box. (WHICH IN ALL HONESTY - why do we ever need to collect rewards in this game when we transfer Eddies 99.9999% of the time, collecting eddies is a waste of time IMO) anyway, when I go to collect my reward for the mission after placing a tracker on the vehicle, I get a call from El Capitan telling me about this great gig to bug a vehicle... (yep just did it man). The issue is that the spot to collect the reward just says "SELL"..... it does not give me the option to collect the reward, thus closing the mission... BROKEN. Which would be a huge pain, as I cant finish the gigs 100% if this is just in a constant state of go to spot to collect reward but does nothing. PLEASE FIX....

Attachments

• Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.29 - 12.44.10.21.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.29 - 12.44.10.21.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 546
  • Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.29 - 12.44.19.64.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2020.12.29 - 12.44.19.64.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 517
I got it to finish. Here's what I did. Go to a save prior to starting this mission and go around and finish every other gig and NCPD scanner hustle in Santo Domingo (The Jungle achievement) and leave this one for last. Go and complete the mission (it doesn't matter if you get detected or not, I tried both ways) and the collect reward prompt should now appear. Here's a screenshot with proof.

Attachments

• Breaking News Finish.png
    Breaking News Finish.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 229

Guest 4536098

On PS5 too!
*** UPDATE
I finish this mission and got the platinum, only solution is to take a old save (I was 50-50 and 99.999% of the map clear..so I take a save 32-50) I try this mission first with this save and work #1..so I clean all the region after (Finish with Gigs For My Son)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can confirm this on ps4, but I just did another gig nearby and it triggered the call to say the contact was closed for this one as well. When I went back to pick up my reward the prompt was there. I was being lazy and didn't want to reload an earlier save point so I'm glad it worked!

Top Bottom