Gta vs cyberpunk

+
I love how a lot of people saying that GTA and Cyberpunk cannot be compared. Why so, I wonder.
CDPR are the ones who promised "next generation open world experience".
So that is what we do - comparing next gen openworld experience with past gen one :smart:
Yeah but Why GTA, becasue its probably the most well known.
Xenoblade series is an openworld RPG.
Fallout is supposed to be that
And there's more
So... how does CP compare to any of those?

Just stating it.

This topic shows a pretty simple fact which is that GTAV was made as an open world game while CP wasn't.
CP handles the story brilliantly and I find the gameplay far superior to GTA personally (even though it has its flaws) but it feels like they simply made it an open world just for the sake of it without working on that aspect AT ALL.

CP would have effectively been a better game if it was a corridor game, like The last of us, for example.

You go jogging and build up endurance or you go to a shooting range to learn to handle weapons better.
And learning by doing of course.
But it has no skillsystem based on levelpoints.
And srsly: There may be 5-6 "stages" in CDPR if you look at the map (Danger: low, high - whatever, I played in german). The enemies healthbare are yellow or orange.
But it is not "Oh, F*CK +100 Level more then me --- onehit --- respawnpoint" like in (MMO)RPGs.
The levelrange is much to low.

The problem is, meanwhile you can't say: A game has a kind of skillsystem or abilities based on experience = RPG
Many, many Action Adventures and Shooters have that, too. I think even FarCry? No, not a RPG, for sure.

Sorry if I was not clear.

What I meant was that the GTA V character development system seems truer to the Cyberpunk 2020 source material than the one that is currently in Cyberpunk 2077 video game. That would be a "point" in favor of GTA in my opinion. I was trying to show that the video creator(s) seemed to focus on somewhat trivial things to make their points.

To say it plainly, if CDPR said that they had enough budget to either make water splash when you shoot it, or get rid of strict character levels. My vote would be for getting rid of the strict character levels.

Viele Danke for the reply!

This topic shows a pretty simple fact which is that GTAV was made as an open world game while CP wasn't.
CP handles the story brilliantly and I find the gameplay far superior to GTA personally (even though it has its flaws) but it feels like they simply made it an open world just for the sake of it without working on that aspect AT ALL.

CP would have effectively been a better game if it was a corridor game, like The last of us, for example.
I personally don't think so. "open world" in itself just means you are free to roam around, which is exactly what you can do in cyberpunk. the interactivity with the open world is indeed lacking, but still the open world is vastly superior imo, atleast for a game like this.

So... how does CP compare to any of those?
We compare with a best and relevant open world games, of course. What is point of comparing with a worst and outdated? Just to say like "hey, maybe Cyberpunk is bad, but look at TES Arena, it's not even 3D".

Speaking of RPG, official game page says nothing about this genre:
Screenshot_1.jpg

Do we seriously needs to explain what "physics" means?

Highly interactive world would mean that player can interact with almost everything he see. In CP there is close to 0 interactive objects in open world. (npc included)

Sorry, I believe I do understand what physics is and what is meant by physics and interactions with the game world.

Are you thinking of any specific examples from the videos of these complex physics and interactive world? I do not recall seeing any in the videos. I would say that based on those videos alone, neither game seems to feature complex physics. Physics yes, complex physics no.

Unless by interactions you meant some of the AI interactions? I think you may be grouping those together. I am considering those separately from "world interactions." I have already stated that I can agree with some of the AI comparisons made in the videos.
Post automatically merged:

CP was advertised as next gen open world game (said by cdpr)

Can you please provide a source on this?

"...explore a variety of different interactions with the game world..." does not equal "next gen open world game" to me.

Sorry, I believe I do understand what physics is and what is meant by physics and interactions with the game world.

Are you thinking of any specific examples from the videos of these complex physics and interactive world? I do not recall seeing any in the videos. I would say that based on those videos alone, neither game seems to feature complex physics. Physics yes, complex physics no.

Unless by interactions you meant some of the AI interactions? I think you may be grouping those together. I am considering those separately from "world interactions." I have already stated that I can agree with some of the AI comparisons made in the videos.

Can you please provide a source on this?

"...explore a variety of different interactions with the game world..." does not equal "next gen open world game" to me.

dont know what you try to prove. No way on earth triple-A next gen game should be released with physics worse than default in UE, even if they use their own engine. This game was advertised as best ever done open world next gen game and also crowning achievement. So it is really hard to tolerate lot of details this game doing poorly if older titles released 7-10 years ago doing it better...hell even 7 yold mobile game.

you can read it here https://www.gog.com/game/cyberpunk_2077

CP was advertised as next gen open world game (said by cdpr)
That's precisely the mistake they made imo.
Either they should have crafted the game as such or (if they didn't think it was possible) they should just have announced and release it as a corridor.

I personally don't think so. "open world" in itself just means you are free to roam around, which is exactly what you can do in cyberpunk. the interactivity with the open world is indeed lacking, but still the open world is vastly superior imo, atleast for a game like this.
Well, I actually agree with that to some degree.
CP is a weird case because they completely discarded the open world aspect of the game from an interraction stand point but the world is still very large and filled with quests.

The problem though, is that interractions are cruely lacking and it really give a feeling of not finished/unprofessional.
Also, it's not the only thing that's lacking. There's no random events, no mini game, no secret appart from items scattered on the map, nothing similar to RDR2, for example, nothing that a more linear game wouldn't handle.

An open world doesn't only involve interractions and making a believable world, it also implies to do something with the world you created.

You have to involve the player in this world and encourage him/her to explore and spend time in it. If your plan is just to make a lot of quests, there's no need for your game to be an open world...In fact, it's not even advised, considering you'll have to design tons of interractions (cops and civilian reactions, among many other things) for your world to be believable without really adding anything extra...And without any real purpose since the game doesn't give you a reason to interract with them anyway.

Having said that, it can still be fixed, they can rework the interractions and add content, which would justify the choice for an open world game but in its current state, the game has no reason to be one (at least imo and I say that despite having a good time playing it).

12:57 on the video you attached - "We've greatly enhanced our crowd and community system to create the most believable city in any open world game to date". Lol

"...our crowd and community system to create the most believable city in any open world game to date..." does not equal "...next gen open world game..."

Unless you mean that a "believable city" is all that is needed for a next gen open world game? If so, can you please elaborate.

Believable is pretty subjective, so I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks for the reply!

"...our crowd and community system to create the most believable city in any open world game to date..." does not equal "...next gen open world game..."

Unless you mean that a "believable city" is all that is needed for a next gen open world game? If so, can you please elaborate.

Believable is pretty subjective, so I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks for the reply!
SO your response is that every promise they made is subjective?

dont know what you try to prove. No way on earth triple-A next gen game should be released with physics worse than default in UE, even if they use their own engine. This game was advertised as best ever done open world next gen game and also crowning achievement. So it is really hard to tolerate lot of details this game doing poorly if older titles released 7-10 years ago doing it better...hell even 7 yold mobile game.

you can read it here https://www.gog.com/game/cyberpunk_2077

"No way on earth triple-A next gen game should be released with physics worse than default in UE"
I have played with UE a bit and I would disagree. Maybe my riggings were that bad, but I would disagree that CP physics are worse than default UE. Have you seen default UE physics? Jokes aside, I understand where you are coming from. Which examples from the videos are you referring to? I see examples of poor physics in both games and would be happy to discuss!

"This game was advertised as best ever done open world next gen game and also crowning achievement."
I am not seeing either of those statements validated on the link you provided, in case I am missing something can you kindly assist?

Also, what would your vote be for "best ever done open world next gen game" and CDPRs "crowning achievement?"

Thanks for the reply!

SO your response is that every promise they made is subjective?

My response is a request for @Fuse_00 to elaborate on what makes them feel that
"...our crowd and community system to create the most believable city in any open world game to date..."
is the same as
"...next gen open world game..."
because I do not see the correlation.

Cdpr are a smalldev compared to rockstar who are the literal masters of the genre. We expected too much
Nah we expected what we've been shown for 8 years. And not have to find out the hard way that the genre was se

Cdpr are a smalldev compared to rockstar who are the literal masters of the genre. We expected too much
Or ...we expected a fraction of what they've been lying about for 8 years.

In before: But that 8 year old mobile game was made for that stuff, Cyberpunk is an RPG masterpiece. The story was perfect.

So what if it was made for far inferior devices with far inferior technologies in far less time and with far less budget. I'm sure it would have taken another 5 years with another 500 devs and 300 million dollars to get existing physics or passable mechanics.

How did we get to this... I seriously hope CDPR is working on that amazing plan B.

So to be fair, the first couple comparisons do not even seem to be physics related but more concerning AI.

Also a lot of these I am not sure as to what exactly is being compared. I wish the video maker had added text like the videos in the OP did, to make it clear what was being compared.

Example: I am having a hard time telling what the last one was even supposed to be. Carrying dead NPC and dropping in water vs. shooting a swimming NPC in the water?

And atleast they got the physics part of grenades vs NPCs more correct than GTA, as did Cyberpunk.

But all in all, this can be summed up as "GTA mobile clone plays more like GTA than Cyberpunk plays like GTA."

How did we get to this... I seriously hope CDPR is working on that amazing plan B.

I agree, if CDPR can close some of the gaps, I think a lot of this will quiet down.

Exactly, and is also full of nice details that those comparison video always miss.

Wonder, why nobody talks about this. Either they overlooked this or they ignore this on purpose to justify "rustle my jimmies" own argument. That's a lot of worth of budgets.

Still GTA series has no "ricochet" yet.
A.I. patchfinding is great, but it keeps stupidity that all polices are very suicidal or firefigther / ambulance roadkill the peds on the way.

Wonder, why nobody talks about this. Either they overlooked this or they ignore this on purpose to justify "rustle my jimmies" own argument. That's a lot of worth of budgets.
Two points:
a) I think the charcreator should be minimum standard for Triple A. There is no chance to change the bodytype, height etc.
b) boah the Q with the Maelstroms... On a nightwire few months ago some Questdesigner whatever talked about it, as an example for storytelling. It was shown years ago in the 2018? trailer. At better times, before all the cutting.
...c) if you like Shooter, yeah, nice. Or boxing trash canes. The last time W3 ended for me and I had a little tear in my eyes I said to me: "Well, I'm so glad if CDPR bring out the next game and I can punch some campingchairs. Can't wait!"
etc.pp

Nevermind ....wandering back to "The Vikings" Season 3. Already seen it 2 times, but...

Top Bottom