[TW1][Adv] Med Problems 2: The Witcher Disease

+
[TW1][Adv] Med Problems 2: The Witcher Disease

Medical Problems 2: The Witcher Disease

Summary

A messenger reaches Geralt with urgent news from Lambert: Vesemir and Eskel are gravely ill. Sick? But witchers don't GET sick. Ah, but this illness is a created thing. The stolen witchers' secrets have been used to create an illness especially designed to overcome a witcher's prodigious immunity to disease.

Someone must find out who has done such a thing and get that person to reverse the illness. That "someone" is, of course, Geralt. :rolleyes:

Description

A mage has used the stolen witchers' secrets to create a disease that's specifically targeted to witchers, one that will overcome that famous witcher's immunity. Who has done such a thing? And why? And most importantly, how can Geralt stop them? Play "Medical Problems 2: The Witcher Disease" and find out.

If you played "Medical Problems," "Medical Problems 2" is the continuation -- and conclusion -- of that story. But if you didn't play "Medical Problems," it's okay; you can still play "Medical Problems 2." The new adventure opens with a recap of the story so far, so you can dive right in. Of course, if you want to play the first "Medical Problems" before you play MP2, don't let me stop you! (If you want it, you can get it here.) But you don't have to.

The game has several different possible endings, depending on which choices you make while playing. Five choices each have consequences, and which ending you get depends on the combination of choices. (Information about the choices and consequences can be found in this post, with the relevant information under spoiler tags, so you can find out only what you want to know.)

Geralt has monsters to kill, human lives to save, a mystery to solve, and witcher contracts to fulfill. There are also some ladies to woo, though all but one of those encounters is optional.

Estimated playing time: 4 - 6 hours.

(Please note that this is a new adventure for The Witcher 1; don't try to play this using The Witcher 2.)

A couple of notes

1. At a few points during the adventure, Geralt will start to walk somewhere by himself. Please let him do so! This is usually a part of the story.

2. Triss tells you not to move while she's teleporting you or while you're using the teleportation scroll that she gives you. Listen to her! Don't move after you've started teleporting until you get where you're going and the teleportation special effect turns off. You don't want Geralt to arrive missing an arm, do you? )

3. The Witchers' Laboratory and the Old Ruins are both HUGE areas in Djinni, even though only a small part of those areas is actually used in the game. Powerful computers have no trouble with those areas, but older computers sometimes have difficulty, and if the game is going to crash, it will probably be during the loading of one of these two areas. Please, SAVE YOUR GAME before you go into either of those areas. If either of them gives you trouble, turn off all non-essential background tasks on your computer. The crypt area (which is what both of those areas use) is a big strain on computer resources; I don't know what CDPR was thinking when they made it.

4. MP2 was made before The Witcher 2 came out. It piggybacks onto the main story from The Witcher, but it is not intended to coordinate with the story of TW2.

Where To Get It

"Medical Problems 2: The Witcher Disease" can be downloaded from

1. Corylea.com
2. Witcher Nexus
3. ModDB

(Those three sites are the ONLY ones I've authorized, so if you get it from somewhere else, you may be getting an outdated, incomplete, or wonky version. The version that's the most up to date is always the one at corylea.com.)

Download Details

Once it has downloaded, you should have a file called med_prob2.exe. This file is a self-extracting 7zip archive. That means that if you double-click on the file after you've downloaded it, it will unpack itself; you don't have to have 7zip on your computer to be able to unzip it. It's not an installer, though; you'll still need to put the adventure file where it goes. (If you need help installing adventure files, see the Installation Instructions.)

Once you have extracted the file, you should have a file called med_prob2.adv. Also included are three text files: mp2_installation.txt, mp2_hints.txt, and mp2_walkthrough.rtf.

How to get help, ask questions, and make comments

You can leave a comment in this thread, of course, but there's other help available.

"Medical Problems 2" comes with three helpful text files (which are also available at Corylea.com):

1. Installation instructions
2. Hint sheet
3. Walkthrough
4. Choices and their Consequences

Walkthroughs take half of the fun out of a game, so it's only there in case of a playing "emergency." :D If you get stuck or have a question that isn't covered in the installation manual or the hint sheet, ask it here in this thread, and I'll answer you. (Don't try to send mail to corylea.com; I don't get mail there.)

Credits

"Medical Problems 2: The Witcher Disease" is copyright 2011 by Cory Lea Kerens.

This adventure was released under the Creative Commons License: Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0)

Everything that wasn't made by CDPR was made by me, with these exceptions:

1. Thanks to my wonderful playtesters: Adam "Fantasta" Dukszto, Ahmet Vural (e-ahmet), and Soukyan.
2. Thanks to Felldude for the wonderful new Triss and Shani textures.
3. Thanks to RedFlame Interactive for the placeable trees.
4. Thanks to Mboro for the heraldry shields used on a few of the banners and guard uniforms
5. Thanks to Kevin McCloud at incompetech.com for the use of his music "Nothing Broken."
6. Thanks to DalomarGrimm at Freesound.org for the bone-breaking sound
7. Thanks to thanvannispen at Freesound.org for the woman screaming sound
8. Thanks to the authors of the Djinni wiki -- especially RedFlame Interactive -- for helping me get started.

Hello, I've successfully downloaded med problems 2 for the Witcher. Unfortunately I missed my chance to download the first med problems. Is there any way for me to find and download the first med problems? If so please help. Thank you Logan.

Logan964 said:
Hello, I've successfully downloaded med problems 2 for the Witcher. Unfortunately I missed my chance to download the first med problems. Is there any way for me to find and download the first med problems? If so please help. Thank you Logan.
"Medical Problems 2" is available from three sites, and "Medical Problems 1" is available from those same three sites. The latest and most updated version is always available from http://corylea.com/. MP1 is also available from The Witcher Nexus and from ModDB.

Because Shani is nude for a few minutes in both games, both adventures are marked as adult content on the Witcher Nexus site, which means that you won't be able to see them there unless 1) You're registered and logged in, and 2) You have your account set to allow adult content.

Of course, as I said, the latest and most updated version is available from my own site, so I recommend that people get it there.

Have fun!

Hello, Thank you for your fast reply. I have now successfully downloaded med problem 1 from your site. As soon as I have time I look forward to playing both med problems 1 & 2. Hopefully this weekend. Thank you again. Logan

Choices and Consequences:

There are five major choices that determine how the story ends.

1. Your advice to Radovid.

This determines which Adda cutscene you get during Geralt's summary to Dandelion at the very end of the game.

a. If you told Radovid to CONTINUE stirring up trouble in Temeria, you get the good Adda ending. In this scenario, Adda and Radovid marry, he has a humanizing effect on her, and she goes on to be a much better queen to Temeria than anyone had expected. The common people prosper.

b. If you told Radovid to STOP stirring up trouble in Temeria, you get the bad Adda ending. In this scenario, Foltest rapes Adda until he sires an heir on her, and the trauma of it all drives her mad. Her son is born both deformed and insane, and when Foltest dies, Adda and her son are murdered in the street by the citizens of Vizima, and Temeria is plunged into civil war, as competing claimants try to seize the throne. The common people suffer.

2. Your belief or disbelief when Elianna claims that Triss is the mastermind behind the witcher disease during the conversation in Elianna's laboratory.

a. Tell Elianna that SHE'S LYING (she is!), and two things happen:

1. You'll open up the possibility of giving the stolen witchers' secrets (which you've just retrieved from Elianna's lab) to Triss, so that she can figure out how to cure the illness. This means that you won't have to torture Elianna to get the information. (You still can, if you want to. You just won't HAVE to.)

2. You'll set up the good Triss ending, unless you break faith with her later on. In this scenario, Triss and the witchers continue to have a warm and happy association, and Triss' healing skills improve, probably as a result of what she learned from the witchers' secrets.

b. Tell Elianna that HER STORY IS WORTH CHECKING OUT, and two things happen:

1. You'll mostly close off the possibility of giving the stolen witchers' secrets (which you've just retrieved from Elianna's lab) to Triss, so that she can figure out how to cure the illness. This possibility is still available if you take a particular path through the conversation with Shani when she tells you that she's not okay with torture (Ask her "What would you have me do,") but it's not available from the beginning, the way it is if you told Elianna that she was lying.

2. You'll get the bad Triss ending. In this scenario, Triss' relationship with all of the witchers cools, and although she does continue to visit Kaer Morhen, she never comes when Geralt is there, and their love relationship ends. Vesemir is sad that Triss isn't as warm towards the witchers as she used to be, and Geralt knows that this is his fault.

Author's note: Elianna IS lying. Triss is NOT guilty. Just wanted to make that clear, given that I'm known as a big Shani fan.

3. Your belief or disbelief when Elianna claims that Triss is the mastermind behind the witcher disease during the conversation with Elianna, Triss, and Shani at Kaer Morhen.

a. If you told Elianna that she was a liar during the conversation in her lab, to continue to have the option NOT to torture Elianna and to solidify the good Triss ending, you'll need to follow that up by continuing to believe in Triss during this conversation as well. When Elianna tries to blame everything on Triss, you can either tell her to shut up, or you can ask Triss if she wants to answer Elianna, and when Triss replies "Do you need me to?" respond either "No" or "Only for the entertainment value."

b. If you told Elianna that she was a liar during the conversation in her lab, you can still blow it if you express doubt about Triss during this conversation. When Elianna tries to blame everything on Triss, if you ask Triss if she wants to answer Elianna, and when Triss replies "Do you need me to?" respond "Yes," then Triss will be highly offended that you're taking Elianna's accusations seriously, given how hard she's been working for the witchers.

c. If you told Elianna that her story was worth checking out during the conversation in the lab, then you'll have fewer choices during this conversation. Basically, you've already chosen not to trust Triss, so this subsequent conversation will mostly only have distrustful conversational responses available to you.

4. Your choice about how to get the information needed to cure the witchers.

a. If you choose to TORTURE ELIANNA, two things happen:

1. Triss reads the information about the witcher disease from Elianna's mind, enabling her to make a cure. The witchers are saved, and they get up off of their sickbeds and have a party. During Geralt's summary to Dandelion at the very end of the game, you'll get the good witcher cutscene, the one where they're healthy.

2. Shani will break up with you and you'll get the bad Shani ending, the one where she won't speak to Geralt when their paths cross in the future.
a. If you're reasonably gentle with Shani when she expresses qualms about your decision to torture Elianna, she'll reluctantly dance with you during the party for the newly-cured witchers at the end of the game, but that's the last contact she has with Geralt.
b. If you're fairly harsh with Shani when she expresses qualms about your decision to torture Elianna, during the party for the newly-cured witchers at the end of the game, Shani will refuse to dance with you, saying that she doesn't dance with torturers.

b. If you choose to GIVE THE STOLEN WITCHERS' SECRETS (which you've just retrieved from Elianna's lab) TO TRISS, so that she can figure out how to cure the illness, two things happen:

1. Triss figures out how to cure the witcher disease from the stolen secrets, and she makes a cure. The witchers are saved, and they get up off of their sickbeds and have a party. During Geralt's summary to Dandelion at the very end of the game, you'll get the good witcher cutscene, the one where they're healthy.

2. Shani will be happy with you, and you'll get the good Shani ending, the one where she and Geralt continue to love each other, she becomes very friendly with all of the witchers, and the witchers watch over her during her travels, so she isn't threatened by bad guys as much as she used to be.

c. If you aren't willing to torture Elianna AND you don't have the option to give Triss the stolen witcher's secrets, then the game ends prematurely and you get the bad witcher ending, the one where you PUT THE SICK WITCHERS IN A SANITARIUM, and the witchers stay sick. (By rights, they should die, but they aren't my characters, so I can't kill them off.) Triss tells Geralt that she and Shani can't devote the rest of their lives to keeping the sick witchers alive, and she teleports Vesemir, Eskel, and Lambert to a sanitarium where they can be continuously cared for. Their being disabled allowed monsters to thrive even more than they had been, and deaths from monster attacks increase. Geralt of Rivia doesn't catch the illness, but he's sick at heart, to see his friends disabled.

5. Your choice about what to do with Elianna once the witchers are well.

a. If you choose to TURN ELIANNA OVER TO THE LODGE OF SORCERESSES, during Geralt's summary to Dandelion at the very end of the game, you'll get the good Elianna cutscene. The Lodge of Sorceresses destroys Elianna's laboratory and performs a rite that removes her ability to use magic. She now serves Radovid as one of his minor scribes, where her ability to read and write can still be useful even though her magical abilities are gone ... and where someone who understands what she is can keep an eye on her. The humiliation of her come-down is slowly driving her mad, and something will have to be done about her, one of these days.

b. If you choose to KILL ELIANNA, during Geralt's summary to Dandelion at the very end of the game, you'll get the bad Elianna cutscene. The other sorceresses are alarmed that Geralt has now killed two powerful mages, and Geralt finds that the Lodge of Sorceresses has the ability to close many doors to him. He is watched, shunned, and hemmed in even more than before. He sometimes wonders if they have plans for him beyond what he's seen so far, plans that include his death. You'll see a scene of several angry sorceresses confronting Geralt...

Additionally,

1. Relationship summary.

a. If you get the good endings for both Triss and Shani, during Geralt's summary to Dandelion at the very end of the game, you get a summary relationship cutscene, one in which Geralt continued to have relationships with both Triss and Shani. Neither woman ever pressured him to give up the other, and although only one woman at a time was ever in his bed again, it was clear that the agreement to share him held.

b. If you get the bad endings for both Triss and Shani, during Geralt's summary to Dandelion at the very end of the game, you get a summary relationship cutscene, one in which Geralt found other women to bed, of course -- a witcher always does -- but something important went out of his life when both Triss and Shani left him. He was lonely in a way that he'd never been before.

c. If you get the good ending for one relationship and the bad ending for the other, then you don't get a relationship summary cutscene.

2. Final summary.

a. If you get the good ending for ALL of the factors, then during Geralt's summary to Dandelion at the very end of the game, you get a summing up cutscene that shows all of the characters dancing and says, "I guess you could say that everyone but Elianna Corbett lived happily ever after, though it was the kind of happy that included bruises, poverty, and struggle. Still, for that time and that place, it was about as good as it gets."

b. If you get the bad ending for ANY factor, then during Geralt's summary to Dandelion at the very end of the game, you get a summing up cutscene that shows Geralt tossing and turning in his bed and says, "And Geralt of Rivia had trouble sleeping at night for many years afterward."

So, if you want the happiest possible ending, you need to do these things:

1. Tell Radovid to continue stirring up trouble in Temeria.
2. During the conversation with Elianna in the lab, tell her she's a liar.
3. During the conversation with Elianna, Triss and Shani at Kaer Morhen, tell Elianna to shut up.
4. Give the stolen witcher's secrets to Triss so that she can use them to figure out how to reverse the disease.
5. Turn Elianna over to the Lodge of Sorceresses once the witchers are well.

If you want the grimmest possible ending that still enables you to cure the witchers, you need to do these things:

1. Tell Radovid to stop stirring up trouble in Temeria.
2. During the conversation with Elianna in the lab, tell her that her story is worth checking out.
3. During the conversation with Elianna, Triss and Shani at Kaer Morhen, ask Triss if she wants to answer Elianna's accusations, and when she asks you if you need her to do that, tell her "yes."
4. Torture Elianna.
5. Kill Elianna once the witchers are well.

If you want the witchers not to get well, then you need to do these things:

1. During the conversation with Elianna in the lab, tell her that her story is worth checking out.
2. During the conversation with Elianna, Triss and Shani at Kaer Morhen, ask Triss if she wants to answer Elianna's accusations, and when she asks you if you need her to do that, tell her "yes."
3. Refuse to torture Elianna.

For anyone that has not played this adventure or part 1, I highly recommend you consider them next time you play through TW1. This is especially true if you are a Shani or Triss fan. Medical problems 2 in particular brings to light their relationship with Geralt, and each other. It explores some fairly deep concepts such as Shani's relatively short life span, the Lodge and its relationship to Triss, and what both characters mean to Geralt. Throw in some light-hearted humor, great attention to detail, and some political intrigue between neighboring kingdoms, and you have several hours of entertainment that leaves you with something to think about. Top it all off with a threesome with Shani and Triss...what more could you possibly ask for? Besides Saskia joining in .

For anyone concerned that these adventures dont stay true to the characters, as I initially thought, you have nothing to worry about. Corylea knows the games well, and has read the books. She captures all the personalities of the characters well. .

I'm really glad you liked "Medical Problems," Dragon'sDream!

So, what choices did you make, and what ending did you get?

1. Did you tell Radovid to keep stirring up trouble, or did you advise him to cut it out?

2. When you talked with Elianna in the lab, and she said that Triss was the mastermind behind the witcher disease, did you tell her she was a liar, or did you tell her that her story was worth checking out?

3. During the four-way conversation with Elianna, Triss, Shani, and you, did you ask Triss to respond to Elianna's accusations, or did you tell Elianna to shut up?

4. Did you torture Elianna, or did you give the witchers' secrets to Triss?

5. Once you'd cured the witchers, did you kill Elianna or turn her over to the Lodge?

All of the choices except the first one happen very late in the game. You might be interested to go back to a saved game from right after you defeat Elianna in her laboratory and make the opposite choices, then watch what happens in that case.

Corylea said:
I'm really glad you liked "Medical Problems," Dragon'sDream!

So, what choices did you make, and what ending did you get?

1. Did you tell Radovid to keep stirring up trouble, or did you advise him to cut it out?

2. When you talked with Elianna in the lab, and she said that Triss was the mastermind behind the witcher disease, did you tell her she was a liar, or did you tell her that her story was worth checking out?

3. During the four-way conversation with Elianna, Triss, Shani, and you, did you ask Triss to respond to Elianna's accusations, or did you tell Elianna to shut up?

4. Did you torture Elianna, or did you give the witchers' secrets to Triss?

5. Once you'd cured the witchers, did you kill Elianna or turn her over to the Lodge?

All of the choices except the first one happen very late in the game. You might be interested to go back to a saved game from right after you defeat Elianna in her laboratory and make the opposite choices, then watch what happens in that case.

I did finish it multiple times by reloading near the end, to see how differently things played out.

1. I told him to cut it out. Even though it leads to a worse ending, I stick by my decision (meta-gaming ignored). Even though Radovid himself does not want to cause a lot of damage, he has no control over what his subordinates do. We clearly saw the results of what could happen when they take things too far. Who is to say that another person wont? When it does happen, Geralt wont be around to save the day, and a lot of innocent people could die.

2. Told her she was full of crap. What she says contradicts everything we know about Triss up to that point. She is not after power, and she has no desire to control others (unlike Philippa). She is also loyal to her friends and places them above everything else - she told both the royal Temerian court and the lodge to shove off so that she can help Geralt in TW2. Of course, I realize that I played TW2 first and its events influenced my decision .

As for the "threatened by Shani" claim - she may have indeed been threatened by her. After all, we know that Triss is insecure when it comes to her relationship with Geralt. However, if she was capable of poisoning others to try to win him over, then she would have done so a long, long, long time ago when Geralt was safely in Yennefer's hands. Using a love potion to bed him is one thing, attempted murder of 3 friends is another. She simply does not have it in her to do something like that .

3. Again, her accusations were baseless. Knowing the history of Triss and her actions in TW2 disproves everything Elianna was claiming. I told her to shut up.

4. I gave the secrets to Triss. Lets face it, if Triss really wanted those secrets she would have gotten them a long time ago. She knows where Kaer Morhen is, and where the witchers lab is. She could have used her magic to access the secrets, or she could have simply visited the stronghold in the summer when the witchers are out. In fact, this was brought up in the prologue, and Vesemir dismissed the idea that Triss would use dirty tricks to get the secrets.

As for torture - even though Elianna is guilty, I believe that torture should be left as a last resort. Not for Elianna's sake, but because torture has a bad habit of destroying the person doing it as well. I am sure Geralt doesn't need more memories to fuel his nightmares :p.

5. Turned her over to the lodge, for the same reason that I dont kill Letho - the damage has been done, killing her changes nothing. No point adding another corpse.

I will be honest and say that towards the end I was starting to think that your Shani favoritism was starting to show. I was pleasantly surprised by how you worked it into the ending. Unfortunately, I dont see the two sharing anytime soon .

Yennefer's Valentine: a bite-sized adventure 37 comments, and Med Problems 2 only 7? Come on, people, please, appreciate the hard work and a lot of effort that Corylea put into Medical Problems 2 and check for yourself how good it is. And don't forget to play the excellent Medical Problems 1 if you haven't:
Medical Problems on Corylea's page
Edit: I corrected the link to the most-up-to-date version :)

That was a great two part adventure. Very relaxing first part and quite tense, action driven second one. A relationship twist with Triss and Shani made me laugh in a very good way. I would even say: "Yep, that's Cory alright! That's her doing."

I managed to hit the perfect ending from the first run. But it made sense! That was the most important part, the strongest part of your whole adventure. Things made sense. Every choice that I was given and picked were logical for Geralt to make. Story and dialogues were intersting to read and it did not feel like a home made adventure. If gaming indusrty had authors at least half as good as you are, we would have had tones of great games.

It was so good to get back to the Witcher world and its spirit and to be able to freely roam Kaer Morhen corridors and surroundings, when we were so restricted doing that in the Prologue.

Thank you so much for all your hard work, really good story and some beautiful naked ladies. :) After so many dissapointmets in the gaming insdustry of the last few years, that was a real treat.

Somehow, companies do not get what they have created and that buffles me. You made a hit, you nailed the story, the atmosphere, the mechanis, the visuals and the music. DO NOT TOUCH IT. Just add more adventures, upgrade the graphics and continue the story. You want to change (why) everything? Create another franchise. Sigh.

But Universe is vast and we have Cories to make things right. :)

belamiru said:
Somehow, companies do not get what they have created and that buffles me. You made a hit, you nailed the story, the atmosphere, the mechanis, the visuals and the music. DO NOT TOUCH IT. Just add more adventures, upgrade the graphics and continue the story. You want to change (why) everything? Create another franchise. Sigh.

But Universe is vast and we have Cories to make things right. :)
You are absolutely right.
This is an excellent post - the whole of it :) , an oren from me, pity I can't give more :)

I had a blast playing both MP 1 and 2 . Both are excellently done and i can only imagine the time and hair pulling that went into both of them . In case i didn`t say it THANK YOU Cory for two excellent adventures . I believe this definitely makes you the Queen of Djinni .

Dragon said:
I will be honest and say that towards the end I was starting to think that your Shani favoritism was starting to show. I was pleasantly surprised by how you worked it into the ending.
That's what you were supposed to think, since the idea that Triss was doing something that evil should be completely implausible otherwise. I knowingly used my reputation to make that branch of the plot seem more likely. ;)

Dragon said:
Yennefer's Valentine: a bite-sized adventure 37 comments, and Med Problems 2 only 7? Come on, people, please, appreciate the hard work and a lot of effort that Corylea put into Medical Problems 2 and check for yourself how good it is.
Awww, thank you, Fantasta. That's so sweet of you!

I think that MP2 has more comments than you might realize, though, since many of them were in the News thread that announced MP2. "And a Curse, and Love, and Betrayal" should have been announced in the news; you might try contacting MM360 again.

Dragon said:
And don't forget to play the excellent Medical Problems 1 if you haven't:
Medical Problems on moddb
That's sweet of you, but the ModDB version is the oldest one. It's mostly fine, but I've tweaked a few minor things on the latest version, so I recommend that folks get MP1 from my site or from Nexus.

Dragon said:
That was a great two part adventure. Very relaxing first part and quite tense, action driven second one.
Oh, Belamiru, thank you SO much for your wonderful review of "Medical Problems"! Your comment had me walking on air all day. (It's tempting to quote the whole thing, just because I love it so much. ;) ) Making both adventures was an unbelievable amount of work -- and also an unbelievable amount of fun -- and I'm thrilled to read such a thoughtful review of them. Thank you.

Dragon said:
I had a blast playing both MP 1 and 2 . Both are excellently done
I'm very glad that you liked them!

Dragon said:
i can only imagine the time and hair pulling that went into both of them .
No disrespect intended to your imagination, but I'm pretty sure you CAN'T imagine the time and hair-pulling that went into them. :p Nearly everything in Djinni takes much longer than most people would guess. Those ending cutscenes, the ones that illustrate the results of your choices at the end of MP2? Each 60-second cutscene took me 6 - 10 hours to make. All those apples in the apple storage shed in MP1? Each one had to be individually resized, by typing a new number into a text box. And ... no, don't get me started. I'm sure no one wants to hear how hard it all was to make. Just enjoy it.

Corylea said:
I think that MP2 has more comments than you might realize, though, since many of them were in the News thread that announced MP2.
Oh, I forgot about the thread, I usually don't click the News/Community section, because I have to always go through the age verification screen then, so I just use the forum :)
"And a Curse, and Love, and Betrayal" should have been announced in the news; you might try contacting MM360 again.

I've tried:) There was an announcement in the Polish part of the forum, but there was no announcement about the English version. At the time the site staff was busy with the release of TW2 and the forum even disappeared for a longer period of time:). Anyway, not only me, but many people put a lot of work into "And A Curse..." and it's one of the bigger adventures for The Witcher 1 (12 hours of gameplay:), comparable in size with a regular expansion. Besides, it was a contest entry in the D'jinni contest. Did I remember correctly that the previous community manager, Eriash, had said that ALL the contest entries would get support? But, well, it was a long time ago :) Few other adventures were not covered, too (Birth & Virgins?).
Today all the focus is on TW2, which is rather understandable.

That's sweet of you, but the ModDB version is the oldest one. It's mostly fine, but I've tweaked a few minor things on the latest version, so I recommend that folks get MP1 from my site or from Nexus.
I corrected the link, now it points to your site :)

I have played MP1 almost 2 years ago.

I finished MP2 Tonight.
Great work! So many characters, so many locations and so fun to play!
It's amazing this mod (as MP1) is 1 person's job.

Thank you so much Cory!

PS:
I almost get the happiest possible ending.
But I screw it advising Radovid.
:p
I believe after the striga-gate Foltest quit on plough direct relatives.

jjavier said:
I finished MP2 Tonight.
Great work! So many characters, so many locations and so fun to play!
Thank you! I'm very glad you enjoyed it.

jjavier said:
It's amazing this mod (as MP1) is 1 person's job.
One obsessed and slightly crazy person. Never underestimate the value of obsessed and crazy.

jjavier said:
Thank you so much Cory!
Thank you, too, for taking the time to leave me a comment. Maybe one person in a thousand who downloads the adventures leaves comments on them, so I treasure those folks who do.

jjavier said:
PS:
I almost get the happiest possible ending.
But I screw it advising Radovid.
:p
I believe after the striga-gate Foltest quit on plough direct relatives.
*laugh* I LOVE the term "striga-gate" -- that's really priceless!

Corylea said:
Thank you! I'm very glad you enjoyed it.
You're welcome.

Corylea said:
One obsessed and slightly crazy person. Never underestimate the value of obsessed and crazy.
I wouldn't dare to.
Most of the interesting/valuable stuff comes from people some how crazy or obsessed.

Corylea said:
Thank you, too, for taking the time to leave me a comment.
My pleasure.

Corylea said:
*laugh* I LOVE the term "striga-gate" -- that's really priceless!
I read in English every day several times a day but rarely write anything.
So, I'm not good at writing.
Sometimes, been a little creative saves me a lot of time, and if it makes somebody smile is even better.

My dear friend Corylea,

I played Medical Problems 2 and admired and appreciated your work. I don't play games lately (although i try every now and then, i just can't draw from them as much pleasure as before), so grabbing the opportunity to participate in a new adventure of my pal Geralt was a wise thing for me to do. "Medical Problems 2: The witcher disease" is a must-play for all who think of this white-haired guy as a friend.

I don't know if it's me or you, but i didn't love it as much as i loved Medical Problems 1. I was really anxious to help the protagonist's friends, which is an achievement for the author of any game, book or film, but i didn't enjoy the journey as much as i expected.

Let me explain to you in more detail what i did or did not like that much:

- I enjoyed the atmosphere in Kaer Morhen. It felt so true that i returned eagerly every time i had news. It was like returning home, which is something i appreciate whenever i find it in games. I dare say that CDProjekt's Kaer Morhen didn't feel that good.

- I liked how Geralt's hallucinations looked, but i found the dialogues a little poor. Come on, he could see more weird things than boring (sorry) regrets. Even if you insisted on regrets, i think Triss's potion was harder than that.

- I didn't like much the sex scene. Not only our friends were dying, but Geralt, as always, had his clothes on. In my opinion, we should get this scene in the end and put off Geralt's clothes, at least the shirt (and saw him from waist to head) - and for sure the swords! (I know it 's too difficult but you managed to undress the ladies ;) ). It was a brilliant way, though, to give a solution to his romance drama. Clever Shani!

- I liked Mahakam outskirts. It looked great! And i liked the monster "Nightmare". It was frightening, to say the least. Thank you for making it so slow.

- I LOVED the inn! Not only i had the luck to listen to a great band, not only i met a human-dwarf, which is a rarity for sure, but i talked to everyone there and they told me so many exciting things i had to admit dwarves can be very entertaining, even educational. ("Sucks to be you" )

- I laughed with the teleportation scroll and HOW hard it was to be made; yes, Triss, Corylea made a miracle there! But i didn't like the way she said it so many times, even in the end of the game. Too much appearance of the author in a work doesn't allow the illusion to be strong. But, on the other hand, it was cute.

- I can't say that the colorful version of The Witcher bothered me, but neither i can say i enjoyed it. In M.P. 1 it was that village with all the apple trees and the fabric dye. It worked just fine. In M.P. 2 all this color didn't match, it didn't have a reason to be there. Nothing is that colorful, unless we talk about a children's party. (Although you did keep it low, it still was too much). Again, it didn't bother me, it's not a bad thing to be characteristic, i just point out the unrealistic result.

- I didn't find the story a convincing sequel of the first Medical Problems. It's like you didn't know how it would end back then and you tried to create a bridge between the two stories now. Yes, this sorceress Elianna is the bridge, but she didn't convince me entirely.

- I admired the number of the different endings (and i want to play again just to see them all), but i didn't like the pessimistic one i had. (All well except that idiot Radovid and then a Foltest i never imagined). It felt forced. Drama, tragedies, for easy excitement. I 'm sorry if my words are a bit harsh, but i usually get angry (i didn't with you! ) when i read, watch, or play a story that has an unpleasant end which feels forced. It's as if the author has only goal to make me sad, or frightened. I didn't get angry with you though, because i know that you wouldn't have this in mind when you were making your adventure. I know very well that you only wanted to make us happy. :)

Two little problems:
1) In Zoltan's house i rest after slain the Nightmare, but i couldn't get up. I reload the saved game and tried again; no, Geralt wouldn't get up from his friend's comfortable fireplace. I had to send him at the inn, the lazy bum. There, they send you away if you sleep too much.
2) The game crashed once, while getting outside from Kaer Morhen. I didn't have problems with any other location though.

THANK YOU CORYLEA FOR MEDICAL PROBLEMS ADVENTURE.

Cassandra31EEE said:
I liked how Geralt's hallucinations looked, but i found the dialogues a little poor. Come on, he could see more weird things than boring (sorry) regrets. Even if you insisted on regrets, i think Triss's potion was harder than that.
There was only one regret -- just Alvin -- and I think Geralt would regret the way things turned out with Alvin. Nearly every player of TW1 felt bad when they realized that Jacques was Alvin, and I think Geralt would also feel bad about that.

The other hallucinated people weren't regrets. Jacques wasn't, Violet wasn't, Geralt wasn't. I'm sorry to hear you thought it was boring. I guess I see why you haven't been playing games much lately.

Cassandra31EEE said:
I didn't like much the sex scene. Not only our friends were dying, but Geralt, as always, had his clothes on. In my opinion, we should get this scene in the end and put off Geralt's clothes, at least the shirt (and saw him from waist to head)
You're blaming the wrong person for this. There are NO models in TW1 of Geralt with his clothes off. I can't show something that doesn't exist. I thought you'd been around the forum long enough to know that.

I liked Mahakam outskirts. It looked great! And i liked the monster "Nightmare". It was frightening, to say the least.
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. I was amazed at how different the Ice Plains looked when the ice texture was replaced by a rock one. Positioning all the doors was very difficult, because there were almost no flat places where a door could be put; it took forever to find places to put even a handful of doors.

I LOVED the inn! Not only i had the luck to listen to a great band, not only i met a human-dwarf, which is a rarity for sure, but i talked to everyone there and they told me so many exciting things i had to admit dwarves can be very entertaining, even educational. ("Sucks to be you" )
I know you read Terry Pratchett, so I'm sure you recognized Carrot Ironfoundersson; I included him as an Easter Egg for Pratchett fans. ;)

I laughed with the teleportation scroll and HOW hard it was to be made; yes, Triss, Corylea made a miracle there!
The teleportation scroll wasn't hard for me to make -- it was quite easy, actually -- it was only hard for Triss. Teleportation is rare and difficult in the Witcher world, so having a teleportation scroll at all was really pushing Witcher lore to the limits. I had Triss complain about how hard the scroll was to make in order to explain why there weren't such things in the Witcher books.

But i didn't like the way she said it so many times, even in the end of the game. Too much appearance of the author in a work doesn't allow the illusion to be strong. But, on the other hand, it was cute.
Triss only complains about how hard the scroll was to make ONCE, at the time that she gives it to Geralt. What she does every time she teleports him somewhere is to remind him not to move until he gets where he's going. And the reason for that is that if the player tries to move Geralt before the teleportation effect gets turned off, the turquoise teleportation ring won't turn off, so the player has to walk around with a teleportation ring around Geralt. I thought most players wouldn't want that , so I reminded them not to move. And I thought it was realistic -- teleportation is dangerous, and people who are being teleported SHOULDN'T move, plus Triss is bossy enough to remind Geralt of this.

I can't say that the colorful version of The Witcher bothered me, but neither i can say i enjoyed it. In M.P. 1 it was that village with all the apple trees and the fabric dye. It worked just fine. In M.P. 2 all this color didn't match, it didn't have a reason to be there. Nothing is that colorful, unless we talk about a children's party.
I'm not sure what you're talking about, because the only place where I added a lot of color was the hallucination. I retextured some of the city, to make it look different from the Outskirts and from the Trade Quarter of Vizima, but I retextured it with textures that were already in the game. Those colors are CDPR's, NOT mine.

More response in the next message; the stupid forum software won't allow me enough quotes to answer all of your points in one post.

Continuing my response to Cassandra in this post, because the forum software wouldn't allow me to reply to everything she said in a single post. :rolleyes:

Cassandra31EEE said:
I didn't find the story a convincing sequel of the first Medical Problems. It's like you didn't know how it would end back then and you tried to create a bridge between the two stories now. Yes, this sorceress Elianna is the bridge, but she didn't convince me entirely.
MP2 is intended to be an entirely separate story from MP1; the only link between them is that they're both about threats to health, which is why they're both called "Medical Problems." The story of MP2 starts at the end of MP1, when the messenger from Lambert arrives, but that's all. Perhaps I should have given the second adventure a different name, but a lot of players never notice the name of the person who made the mod they're using; by calling it MP2, I hoped to get the attention of people who'd played MP1 but who didn't remember my name. And since both adventures ARE about threats to health, I thought it was reasonable that they both be "Medical Problems."

I admired the number of the different endings (and i want to play again just to see them all), but i didn't like the pessimistic one i had. (All well except that idiot Radovid and then a Foltest i never imagined). It felt forced. Drama, tragedies, for easy excitement. I 'm sorry if my words are a bit harsh, but i usually get angry (i didn't with you! ) when i read, watch, or play a story that has an unpleasant end which feels forced. It's as if the author has only goal to make me sad, or frightened. I didn't get angry with you though, because i know that you wouldn't have this in mind when you were making your adventure. I know very well that you only wanted to make us happy. :)
I'm sorry to hear that it felt forced to you. It didn't feel forced to me, and I didn't put it in there just to have a tragedy. I don't usually try to make my players feel bad; in fact, there's only a single occasion when I try to make players feel bad: if they choose to torture Elianna. And if you choose to torture someone, you should feel bad -- that was part of the point, actually.

I thought it was very weird that Foltest had sex with his sister and was obsessed with his sister to the point where he wouldn't even see ambassadors from other countries who wanted to make a marital alliance with him. I thought it was creepy that he allowed his striga daughter to eat his subjects for seven years. (It's true that this is somewhat melodramatic, but it's Sapkowski's melodrama, not mine! ;) ) Most players seem to forget all about this history and act as if Foltest is a nice guy, but I thought it was a big deal. And I thought Adda was unrealistically sane and competent in TW1, for someone who'd been a striga until she was 14 years old. In the real world, feral children who are found after the age of 12 can't even learn to TALK. They can be trained, the way any animal can be trained, but they never become entirely human.

And I knew that most kings thought a lot about the succession and worried about having the kind of heir who could do a reasonable job of running the kingdom when they died. Adda just didn't seem like a good choice -- and TW2 shows that CDPR agrees with me. So Foltest would want another heir. But he'd already alienated all the surrounding kingdoms from making a marital alliance with him when his sister was alive.

No, I didn't make the bad ending just to have a tragedy; I thought it was an entirely possible outcome, given Foltest's past behavior and his current situation. I extrapolated from the situation that Sapkowski set up, coming to conclusions that seemed logical to me.

And if Foltest does force Adda to have sex with him in order to conceive an heir, well, what's the likely outcome of THAT? Adda should already be not too stable, what with having spent her childhood as a striga and not having had any kind of reasonable foundation for strength or sanity, so I thought her going crazy if she was raped by her own father and forced to bear his child was entirely probable. And basic genetics says that if Adda -- who is not just Foltest's daughter but also the daughter of his sister, so she shares even more genes with him than an ordinary daughter would -- had a child with Foltest, the chances of the child being defective in some way are very, very high.

No, it all seemed quite plausible to me. I hear that you didn't like it. But Foltest's having had a daughter by his sister, and that daughter's having spent the first half of her life as a striga aren't things that I made up.

In Zoltan's house i rest after slain the Nightmare, but i couldn't get up. I reload the saved game and tried again; no, Geralt wouldn't get up from his friend's comfortable fireplace.
I know about this, and I removed the ability to sleep at Zoltan's from the most recent edition of MP2. Or at least, I thought I did. When and where did you download your copy?

The game crashed once, while getting outside from Kaer Morhen. I didn't have problems with any other location though.
The Witcher does crash from time to time; this isn't something that's under my control.

Top Bottom