Warning! Nvidia GeForce DRIVERS

+
I'm using a GTX1080ti Max and had no issues, only issues I had were thermal throttling but that got fixed with a quick clean and new thermal paste.

GTX 970 here and no issues with the graphics.

I was just going to say the same thing. Almost NO graphics related crashing (according the the CTD reports when I do crash the game).

And I still get mid range settings and 60 FP. So is it likely you are also WIN7 as well? I wonder if the "moderate" graphics produced by the the combination of a win 7 and older GTX 970 card just provide a more stable situation?

I did get regular crash to desktop in mirrors but I just have to set the FR to 10 and NOW no crash for those short scenes.

Edit: I am FORCED to play in borderless mode because I am win 7, so that may also provide more stability?

Last edited:
yellow, purple, or blue

Problem's with your GPU, or with a faulty driver install.
Download "Display Driver Uninstaller" (free software, google it), completely remove the driver in safemode, then reinstall the latest version, and make sure you're offline so Windows doesn't stupidly download the wrong driver (it often does that, but DDU can turn off the auto-download for you).
If that doesn't fix it your issue, your GPU may be b0rked.

Wish I could upgrade to 10. But ever time I try the upgrade fails on the reboots. Tried all kinds of things like removing all plugged in devices and such. I was told the only thing left for me to do is format my harddrive and start from scratch.

Defiantly NOT going to be doing that for a while. Too many of my other programs that need the REG the way it is and that I have done dozens of tweaks and customizations over the last 10 years. I will wait for an encryption virus to hit me then reformat it and deal with the pain then. I never do any "sensitive" work (like banking) on my home PC so I am not worried.

I dont understand how the fuck people play with high settings.
I have 1060 gtx laptop
Full HD res, lowest settings, downscalling to 85, crow setting to low
Have about 50 fps somewhat stable but drops immediately if there is much shit on screen

I dont understand how the fuck people play with high settings.
I have 1060 gtx laptop
Full HD res, lowest settings, downscalling to 85, crow setting to low
Have about 50 fps somewhat stable but drops immediately if there is much shit on screen
Easy.

They have MUCH better machines then either you or I.

1080ti Jetstream + Ryzen 5 1600af and strange things happen. I even locked it at 1392mhz and it didnt make difference. I rolled back to 460.79 and nothing... I Just got this card from friend. Not sure if its game issue, drivers or this GPU is failing. Witcher 3 works normalny without those artifacts. There are also black lines crossing npcs like bugged textures View attachment 11101646
That looks like a dying GPU to me. Only hade one gfx card die on me and it did something similar before it died. Does it work in other games?

I'm not having any issues with the new driver.
Although my card is a 1080ti aorus and if you run their own software that is required to get the factory based overclock the game will crash right away.
1080ti
16gb ram
1tb ssd (sata3.0)

only issue i been knotice is when i play long time lets say 4 -5 hours , game start getting slow and i lose fps, restart game works

Im on a 1070 here(OC'd a bit). Zero issues other than the regular bugs. Never a shut down more than twice (pre nvidia update anyway). Running on high/ultra mostly @60FPS (+/-3-5fps). Play on average lately 10 hours per day lol

I have updated my drivers, I'm running a GTX 1080 Ti and so far nothing has happened. But I always keep and older version of the drivers just in case. If anything does happen, I'll just remove the new drivers and revert to an older version.

Thanks for the info.

Easy.

They have MUCH better machines then either you or I.

What would you consider this machine, just curious...

i7 4790k (DeLid to 4.7-4.9Ghz)
AsRock Z97 extreme9
1070 mini (downgraded from 2x1080)
16Gb RAM 2400Mhz
2x500Gb M.2 NvMe/SATA(Currently running on D:SATA M.2)
Thermaltake RGB/SMART GOLD 750w PSU
ASUS 144hz 24" gaming monitor
Corsair water cooling
Corsair C70 green case

All bought used over 5 years ago except the M.2 drives and water cooling (ASUS monitor, Corsair C70 tower were open box specials and PSU was some rich guy who never installed it and accepted my offer of under 75$. Everything from ebay spending close to but under 1000$, maybe a bit over after adding the water cooling)

Average 60FPS @1080p, high/ultra settings

Last edited:
If you're not counting random CTDs during Hacking/Scanning, and the fact that Nvidia sucking up to 3,8 GB free disc space for driver install, game is running good. Not perfect on my old rig, but good.

Jenny's Old CAD/Gaming Rig
Enermax 500W (PSU) / BlueWalker PowerWalker VI 1500 CSW (UPS)
Asus B-85 Pro Gamer
Windows 7 (Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD)
Xeon E3-1231v3 @ 3,4GHz (4C/8T)
Kingston 16 GB DDR3
GTX 960 4GB (Retail and OC Settings - Stable)
- 460.79 WHQL : 1920x1080 @ Low / Med / High
- 460.89 WHQL : 1920x1080 @ Low / Med / High
- 461.09 WHQL : 1920x1080 @ Low / Med / High

Steam / CP2077 (Kingston KC 1TB SSD)

Top Bottom