Crafting/upgrading items at shops/vendors?

+
Is crafting in the game solely dependent on you leveling the crafting(tech) tree to lvl18 to craft legendary items or is it possible to find a shop or specific vendor who can craft items for you for cash?

I don't want to be limited in having to sink 18 points into a specific tree just to be able to make Iconic weapons/clothing viable for the duration of the game. If you want to use crafting for very limited number of items it would be much better to be able to pay some vendor in-game to craft it for you, instead of having to build a crafting focused character to keep using a cool iconic weapon you found.

Yes it is solely dependent on your skill. There is no vendor.

Fast way to level the skill - Upgrade a slaught-o-matic handgun from a vending machine. It gives huge amounts of crafting XP each level. And it only uses white and green materials, so easy to attain.

Fast way to level the skill....

Thanks for the suggestion; but leveling the skill is not really of concern; I would rather not spend 18 limited points for this tree just so I can upgrade few iconic weapons from rare to legendary and continue using them throughout the game.

I think upgrading of iconic weapons should be made possible for cash in-game without having to focus your whole character build on crafting when you don't care at all about crafting stuff other then making few iconic weapons viable for the whole game.

Yeah, crafting in the game is more akin to a class than a side activity. Which would make a lot of sense in the p&p rpg, not so much here. While crafting does affect your prowess (by being able to have top-notch gear at will, as opposed to praying to Rngesus for it), it is quite a chore to level on its own as it is (with 1-by-1 crafting of components and the scarcity of epig and/or legendary variety) and a serious points sink. Useful, if you'd have at least a party - so you'd be the crafter for them all - or at least a companion to keep busy upgrading gear for more than 1 person...

Now, based on the 2020 book, I can't imagine what other perks the Tech Ability could potentially have, so crafting can't really be detached from it, but I'd say they could (or maybe should) add the profession to vendors and/or other npcs created for it later - maybeat a much higher cost (5-10 times the one required for self-service). I mean, clothing vendors could upgrade the quality/stats of clothes, gun vendors those of firearms and such.

Top Bottom