What happened to CDPR?

+
First off was unable to make a post in Suggestions so here I put it.
How is this game really what you intended? This game looks dated at launch. Compared to most new games this looks a decade old.
All the inferred promises broken, I'm waiting for microtransactions to be implemented.
At first I didn't care about most of the problems, but as I play more and notice more and more wrong with it. I feel I've wasted $$ and time on CDPR, that wont happen in the future. Not many game companies left I will buy from. As things look now my gaming days are numbered.
Hope this game gets to be ok, but I wont be around.

Icinix

Forum veteran
So I avoided spoilers from about 2017 onwards, and I don't have a big online footprint - so I never got into the articles and youtube content about it.

It's about what I was expecting, but with a lot more missed opportunities and I'm not a fan of the focus on the main quest. All in all though - I'm very happy and impressed with it. Even more so the longer I play it and the more playthroughs I do.

There were a few promises made in content that I've now gone back and checked - so I get that people are off about that - and rightly so.

As for graphics - no - I won't agree with that at all - some moments are just amazing. The lighting on characters etc is incredible - and night city really comes alive with vibrancy, neon, reflections at night. I am playing with everything cranked including RTX though. I think the game world is stunning.

I'm sorry your experience isn't what mine is, but I do freaking love this game more and more the longer I play.

So I avoided spoilers from about 2017 onwards, and I don't have a big online footprint - so I never got into the articles and youtube content about it.

It's about what I was expecting, but with a lot more missed opportunities and I'm not a fan of the focus on the main quest. All in all though - I'm very happy and impressed with it. Even more so the longer I play it and the more playthroughs I do.

There were a few promises made in content that I've now gone back and checked - so I get that people are off about that - and rightly so.

As for graphics - no - I won't agree with that at all - some moments are just amazing. The lighting on characters etc is incredible - and night city really comes alive with vibrancy, neon, reflections at night. I am playing with everything cranked including RTX though. I think the game world is stunning.

I'm sorry your experience isn't what mine is, but I do freaking love this game more and more the longer I play.
Game looks amazing in screenshots. But in motion, with missing physics, water effects, dumb NPCs, AI, low res textures in certain areas, bugs & glitches this looks worse than an average Ubisoft game.
photomode_18122020_230922.png

Well, I even feel somehow sorry for them. Seems like something on the stage of management went badly wrong. Playing Cyberpunk, I have a feeling that every development team involved in this game creation had no idea about what exactly they were doing, the game just feels uncompleted, like there are puzzle parts which dont match each other.
In general, the game feels like alpha build.
I still hope for patches.

I always try to go in as blind as I possibly can into games, TV series, movies etc, because building expectations and making my mind up for how the game, series or movie is going to be, has always disappointed me. So I simply stopped listening to the designers, to critics, to other gamers and viewers, the only info I rely on is what I accidentally run into, plus a little info I purposefully gather, before make my decision whether I will buy the product or not.

I always dismiss lofty promises about new features never before seen, I have almost always been disappointed whenever a product is being promised to be as insanely groundbreaking like Cyberpunk seems to have been marketed. I as a gamer KNOW this is marketing, and got nothing to do with reality, so I stopped setting myself up for disappointment by just ignoring these things.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R series ended up being an amazing series of games, but if you read the promises they made about what the game could and would do, you would be extremely disappointed at launch. This is true for so many games, WHY do people continue believing these extremely lofty promises, when we know they almost always fail to deliver?

I see a lot of people being disappointed because the game is not what they expected, so instead of judging the game for what it is, it's being compared against something different.

I am having fun, but there are things I think is bad, but also things that are good, and things I don't care about. So some of the criticism is valid, but again, I think to much is about what they thought the game would be, instead of what it is.

Wouldn't agree about visuals, but definitely agree about U-buy-soft in disguise: beautiful graphics, and even more great with DLSS (finally anti-aliasing without soaking my eyes in soap, even if it's not AA tech - I don't care, my eyes are just happy now and so am I) and RTX (I just wish this problem with the nuclear-explosion-level-brightness when driving from the first-person perspective gets fixed someday), really awesome designers' work making the game's world, modelling cars and their interiors and filling the world with content, BUT mechanics with completely no depth at all in them, starting from armour and weapon upgrade system together with netrunning and up to lifepaths and arm-cyberware.

And I would never call it a decade old because two decades ago we had Arcanum where you could be a troll half-ogre (it's an upd, sorry I forgot the race) with at least some intellect and everyone would be amazed that "holy christmas, troll speaks human tongue!" and "wow, you're able to count your coins", on the contrary - with advances in graphics games have lost completely such things like script and mechanics, or maybe industry now has lots of genius designers but the last fairly good scriptwriter and game-designer have gone extinct 5-7 years ago.

The game still was ok and from time to time interesting, I would lie if I say that after all, I didn't enjoy the game even a single bit or didn't feel some kind of sadness as I finished it, but I constantly had this feel just like playing AC Valhalla: it's ok, but it could've been better, it could've been much better, it could've been good and it could've been great.

I can agree with op on my days of gaming are numbered, because together with cp2077 decayed my hope in industry and humanity alike, CDPR seemed like the last resort of good games, but they've gone with advertising the game more than working on it

Still hope we'll see weapons and armour upgrades as may be similar to fallout 4 or at least dragon age inquisition manner, but definitely not these "+15% crit chance" legendary runes mods, and other mechanics fixed (and thus just probably taken to the point of what was displayed in deep dive video in regard to netrunning and nanowire with gorilla-arms)
Great OST though, and also my regrets to the devs, to those programmers who were overtiming for a half year straight... they were doing and giving of themselves lots and lots, and in the very end it's just this =\ hope they were at least paid well for all overs and also extra for the insane amount of effort

Last edited:
Bad pay is a good start. QA that tests for bugs in their games get paid minimum wage. They also pay less than half of what their competitors pay so any good developer jumps ship as soon as the opportunity arrives. The only people who would stick around are either at the top of the nepotism tree or they have no other option.

Guest 4375874

First off was unable to make a post in Suggestions so here I put it.
How is this game really what you intended? This game looks dated at launch. Compared to most new games this looks a decade old.
All the inferred promises broken, I'm waiting for microtransactions to be implemented.
At first I didn't care about most of the problems, but as I play more and notice more and more wrong with it. I feel I've wasted $$ and time on CDPR, that wont happen in the future. Not many game companies left I will buy from. As things look now my gaming days are numbered.
Hope this game gets to be ok, but I wont be around.
That's too bad mate, sorry to hear. Perhaps the game just isn't for you. I got what I paid for and it was the first game I decided to pre-order ever. While there are flaws, nothing has been game breaking for me so far. I still haven't finished RDR2 or GTA5 because they are rather daunting after a few hours and not immersive in the slightest. In any case best of luck with that next game

Top Bottom