Why does Johnny hate Arasaka specifically?

+
Yes and beyond the racism accusation, there's plenty more to discuss.

Well I guess Arasaka did kidnap Alt and used Soulkiller on her but Johnny had a hate boner for Arasaka well before that, constantly kidnapped and assaulted corpos from Arasaka (cannot post what he actually called them as I am pretty sure the moderators would consider it a no no word) long before they laid a finger on Alt

I mean if you have anything else that you would like to add to the conversation then that is absolutely fine but I am just contributing what I feel is the most relevant information to answer OPs question.

Well I guess Arasaka did kidnap Alt and used Soulkiller on her but Johnny had a hate boner for Arasaka well before that, constantly kidnapped and assaulted corpos from Arasaka (cannot post what he actually called them as I am pretty sure the moderators would consider it a no no word) long before they laid a finger on Alt

I mean if you have anything else that you would like to add to the conversation then that is absolutely fine but I am just contributing what I feel is the most relevant information to answer OPs question.

Well he fought plenty of corps other than Arasaka but it should be noted that Arasaka's American Headquarters is in Night City.

Well he fought plenty of corps other than Arasaka but it should be noted that Arasaka's American Headquarters is in Night City.

Yeah but Arasaka was always his main target and he was even willing to work with other corpos if it meant fucking over Arasaka.

Yeah but Arasaka was always his main target and he was even willing to work with other corpos if it meant fucking over Arasaka.

Which I assume is because they are the biggest and most terrible of the corporations in Night City.

Later, of course, it becomes personal.

Which I assume is because they are the biggest and most terrible of the corporations in Night City.

Aww thats cute mun, of course I did try to give you the actual reason but if you want to go with your "assumptions" then by all means,

Last edited:
Aww thats cute mun, of course I did try to give you the actual reason but if you want to go with your "assumptions" then by all means,

Ah yes, the "actual" reasons. *finger wag* Which I've stated I've never seen despite owning and reading every single Cyberpunk 2020 book.

Since I own them, please give me a page number and I'll look it up and donate 20 bucks to the charity of your choice.

I already tried that for old mate on page 2, you trying to bait me into getting another moderation?

The game not show it well, but it's true that if there is a score of evil, corp will have 10000/100.
Because of they shape the world, every evil you seen in the game is corp's will.
They can make the world better, but them need it to be a shit.
Actually, coprations in game are the way they are because their main purpose is making money for their owners. Any coproration or buisness works that way actually.
Robotization and automatization achieved by modern technology as of 2070-s actually made most of human population non-necessary as a workforce for farms of factories. These are largely automated.
However, to make money, coprorations still need someone to consume their goods. And this comes with... some unethical choices. To say the least.
Food supply is largely synthetic. These are cheap, but unhealthy and cause diseases. The corporations' answer for that are cybernetic implants and augmentation. Most of them cheap mass-produced ones, actually. They do cause their recipients to become aggressive and finally suffer cyber-psychosis, but that is again not much of a problem for mega-corporations. Street violence means a "healthy" market for weapons and personal security services.
Vicious circle as it is.

But as per game's lore the solution may actually be very near. USSR is back. The real Land of the Free as of 2077. And soon the fires of Revolution may consume all of megacorporations for their evil way, giving way to new age of freedom and prosperity under the Red Banner :)

Always got the feeling it started back when he was in the army during the Mexican conflict, i think, and it just grew the more he learned.

Some of his lines are a wee bit telling like the when you get to drive the Basilisk for first time and he replies with something like " yeah thats how they reel all the naive young ones in to fight there wars", i took that more as a criticism of himself than anything towards V

• RED Point
Reactions: Nux
No, just give me the name of the book and page and I'll look it up myself. I'm down. I have em all on PDF right now due to Humble Bundle.

I will totally back you up if I'm wrong and donate to whatever charity you want.

I purchased those modules after my page 2 questions! I asked around reddit too actually, and I have yet to find any module (or person who's played the TTRPG) supporting Queen_Skadi's claims about the lore. Bumping this up because I'm also looking for the module name/page # (Edit: Grammar)

Yeah the base rulebook does not really go into depth about any of the characters, as I said you will need to look at the supplemental material for more information, links to this sort of thing aren't impossible to find and you can find PDFs of the source books but I won't post the links here as they are all on less than reputable websites and I am pretty sure it is against the TOS to post links to pirated material on these forums.
There is a "Pay What You Want" from Humble Bundle for the Cyberpunk 2020 core books, and $15 gets you the entire library of published source material. It's 100% legit. I have them, and I also have been playing the game since the 2020 edition. You have absolutely no proof for your wild and ridiculous claims, There is NOTHING that even remotely supports your assertions of neo-nazism.

However, to make money, coprorations still need someone to consume their goods. And this comes with... some unethical choices. To say the least.
Food supply is largely synthetic. These are cheap, but unhealthy and cause diseases. The corporations' answer for that are cybernetic implants and augmentation. Most of them cheap mass-produced ones, actually. They do cause their recipients to become aggressive and finally suffer cyber-psychosis, but that is again not much of a problem for mega-corporations. Street violence means a "healthy" market for weapons and personal security services.
Vicious circle as it is.

But as per game's lore the solution may actually be very near. USSR is back. The real Land of the Free as of 2077. And soon the fires of Revolution may consume all of megacorporations for their evil way, giving way to new age of freedom and prosperity under the Red Banner :)

Well actually... No. The food is not synthetic. There are vast farms outside the city. They breed crickets and worms in there. There is a funny email somewhere outhere with discussion about that. As seems worms have more proteins, but -- so they say -- people prefere to eat meat from crickets rather then worms :)

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I found an actual reason why J hates Arasaka.

It might be true that Militech is now doing a lot of weapons, but it was not true in Johnny's days. Or so it seems. If you look into the Database (available in the game) there is a description of Arasaka and corporations. Most of the mega-corps seem to be from 2nd half of the XXI century. And J died in the 1st half of XXI.

Arasaka on the other hand was founded earlier and is said to be the oldest mega-corp. It also says that Araska is a supplier of gun in most armed conflicts. And...
...and there is talk with Johnny in a hotel room. I think that was after meeting Alt (and killing Voodoo Boys). So Johnny talks with V about a friend that saved his life. J is quite passionate about this. I would assume the guns that were used to kill his friend were made by Arasaka.

Top Bottom