Did they cut Meredith Stout's arc from the story? (SPOILERS)

+
Honestly don't know. I killed all the Maelstrom shits and left alive the old lider. In consecuence Meredith got replaced by the traitor and she vanished. I think they killed her since I have not been able to contact her again.

Yes, it was a disservice to the Corpo narrative just ending it at a dingy hotel.

Even her message to V at the end was quite sincere and "out of place" within the context of where we had progressed in terms of character development with Meredith.

In my interpretation, it felt like the Corpo quests in this mini-arch had all been cut. From the final text msg V received from Meredith, it was if V had been on a much larger quest for Meredith and they developed this relationship that in the end would have the sex scene, which is very tell-tale of a CDPR game.

In general, this game has a very linear story-arc and presents only the illusion of choice. Of course the main story narrative buffers this negative sentiment but still it needs to be said that important parts of this game have been rushed. I don't see why they would need to do this? Who else in this genre of gaming is even close to releasing a game in this setting. Starfield, a Bethesda title, is far from release.

Yes, it was a disservice to the Corpo narrative just ending it at a dingy hotel.

Even her message to V at the end was quite sincere and "out of place" within the context of where we had progressed in terms of character development with Meredith.

In my interpretation, it felt like the Corpo quests in this mini-arch had all been cut. From the final text msg V received from Meredith, it was if V had been on a much larger quest for Meredith and they developed this relationship that in the end would have the sex scene, which is very tell-tale of a CDPR game.

In general, this game has a very linear story-arc and presents only the illusion of choice. Of course the main story narrative buffers this negative sentiment but still it needs to be said that important parts of this game have been rushed. I don't see why they would need to do this? Who else in this genre of gaming is even close to releasing a game in this setting. Starfield, a Bethesda title, is far from release.
Yeah, missing story arcs are really, really obvious.

Honestly don't know. I killed all the Maelstrom shits and left alive the old lider. In consecuence Meredith got replaced by the traitor and she vanished. I think they killed her since I have not been able to contact her again.

If you don't give them the chip she's put spyware on, she's fucked.

Yeah, missing story arcs are really, really obvious.

While true, I also think its possible many people built up Meredith Stout as a character in their heads versus just the quest giver for one quest.

Last edited:
I absolutely agree with you, but from a business standpoint Sony's installed base is too large to gamble with not to mention shareholders wouldn't allow it.

if sony censorship is the issue here, if it were up to me, i'd tell sony to f* off, and release it on everything but playstation, i'd also make sure everyone knew it was sony's own fault that such action was taken, hopefully public outcry would force sony to submit, or perhaps at least provide a bit of good pr, and increase sales. fortune favors the bold as they sometimes say.

If you don't give them the chip she's put spyware on, she's fucked.
Post automatically merged:

While true, I also think its possible many people built up Meredith Stout as a character in their heads versus just the quest giver for one quest.
Sure. But it's partially CDPR's fault by including her in so much promotional materials. I always felt like her story is unfinished.
However, the quest "Dream On" which supposed to build up DLCs according to many people & had a open ended conclusion was more satifying than Meredith's story.

They could but I'm just going off what they did with Watchdogs. In that if Sony wanted something cut then they would demand it be across all platforms so that it's not just their version.
I meant that can't they just put an underwear if it's cutscene. I'm talking about entire missing questline here.

if sony censorship is the issue here, if it were up to me, i'd tell sony to f* off, and release it on everything but playstation, i'd also make sure everyone knew it was sony's own fault that such action was taken, hopefully public outcry would force sony to submit, or perhaps at least provide a bit of good pr, and increase sales. fortune favors the bold as they sometimes say.
True. But the only reason Watchdogs was found out was because ubisoft was lazy and literally left it all in the game and the tech heads were able to find it and unlock it. If ubisoft had completely removed it then it would have never been found out. As for why cdpr doesn't come out and say this, assuming this is the reason, it's likely because it was part of the threat from Sony. I.e remove it or you can't publish it on or systems, tell anyone and we'll never let you publish on our systems again. Just too much potential profit for cdpr not to abide.

Sure. But it's partially CDPR's fault by including her in so much promotional materials. I always felt like her story is unfinished.
However, the quest "Dream On" which supposed to build up DLCs according to many people & had a open ended conclusion was more satifying than Meredith's story.

I meant that can't they just put an underwear if it's cutscene. I'm talking about entire missing questline here.
Yeah the questlines were definitely cdpr doing. Threat or no threat I can see no reason sony not Microsoft would ask a developer to remove entire questlines unless said questlines were offensive to what ever ideologies either company has, even then they probably wouldn't ask for such things.

Meredith was probably never going to be a main character because her fate is determinate.
IMHO, rather strange "plot twist" to me, considering Militech is (according to game's lore) a corporation owned and run by the federal government of the New United States of America.
These folks are not steet thugs like Maelstrom or Valentinos.
So AFAIK should Militech's top brass decide to get rid of Meredith Stout it would rather be either full judicial proceedings via federal court or a clandestine "hit", probably disguised as either an accident or a work of rival corporation.

Meredith was my favorite female character in the game, so I was disappointed that we didn't get more of her. In my eyes this was yet another missed opportunity to add to the ever growing list.
All in all it would seem that all of the best characters are the ones with less screen time. So I guess that I shouldn't really be surprised at this point.

She didn't die in my playthrough, instead I ended up getting a surprise romance scene with her. Which was funny as before the game got released I always said if I can't romance Jackie I'll be okay with Meredith, so I accidentally (I was expecting more missions with her) instead I ended up with a romance scene which was nice.

Then she disappeared never to be seen or heard from again. I didn't even get a goodbye, she just left me all on my own *Cries* WHERE IS THE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!?!?!?!

Also, even though leaving Sony platforms out may not be a good move for CDPR, as a Playstation console player myself I kind of wished just for this specific game that CDPR did ignore Sony. I would of loved to of saved myself the hassle of purchasing this mess of a product. I still find it funny how I come across comments of CDPR thinking that this game is done and there is nothing wrong with it, minus the bugs/glitches of course.

Oh well I have learnt my lesson on preordering, as my personal motto states 'You have to make the mistake in order to learn from it'

Meredith was probably never going to be a main character because her fate is determinate.

Ironically, with less freedom, they could have done a much larger story arc with her.

lol they added her ending like 5 mins of work put model under water, accept her fate, move on. Guess they had no free space for Meredith because Johnny took too much GB of space.

True. But the only reason Watchdogs was found out was because ubisoft was lazy and literally left it all in the game and the tech heads were able to find it and unlock it. If ubisoft had completely removed it then it would have never been found out. As for why cdpr doesn't come out and say this, assuming this is the reason, it's likely because it was part of the threat from Sony. I.e remove it or you can't publish it on or systems, tell anyone and we'll never let you publish on our systems again. Just too much potential profit for cdpr not to abide.

Yeah the questlines were definitely cdpr doing. Threat or no threat I can see no reason sony not Microsoft would ask a developer to remove entire questlines unless said questlines were offensive to what ever ideologies either company has, even then they probably wouldn't ask for such things.
It’s funny how CDPR did the same mistake by leaving Male romance lines for Judy in the game.

Honestly this game feels like 30% of what was supposed to be there. Which I guess since it got 75 hours out of me that is still impressive, but overall despite the hours of entertainment, I don't like the game. Too many unsatisfying conclusions, too many compromises and simplifications. Too many regressions.

Not everyone likes The Witcher 3, the development it had was similarly tumultuous, but I don't think anyone can say it felt like it held back on or removed anything, especially story wise. People were honestly overwhelmed by the amount of stories, by the amount of choices that would come back to haunt them in unexpected ways, by the characters that they thought were one offs that suddenly appeared yet again with new roles and relationships forged. All of these things helped the world feel "real".

The game feels like it is constantly affected by the ghost of what should have been there, so much so it directly impedes the enjoyment of what is there. Who could have expected this from a studio that seemed to be constantly improving themselves title after title from the release of their first game in 2007.

IMHO, rather strange "plot twist" to me, considering Militech is (according to game's lore) a corporation owned and run by the federal government of the New United States of America.
These folks are not steet thugs like Maelstrom or Valentinos.
So AFAIK should Militech's top brass decide to get rid of Meredith Stout it would rather be either full judicial proceedings via federal court or a clandestine "hit", probably disguised as either an accident or a work of rival corporation.
I'm okay with that ending to Meredith if it’s followed by a much bigger Militech arc.

Honestly this game feels like 30% of what was supposed to be there. Which I guess since it got 75 hours out of me that is still impressive, but overall despite the hours of entertainment, I don't like the game. Too many unsatisfying conclusions, too many compromises and simplifications. Too many regressions.

Not everyone likes The Witcher 3, the development it had was similarly tumultuous, but I don't think anyone can say it felt like it held back on or removed anything, especially story wise. People were honestly overwhelmed by the amount of stories, by the amount of choices that would come back to haunt them in unexpected ways, by the characters that they thought were one offs that suddenly appeared yet again with new roles and relationships forged. All of these things helped the world feel "real".

The game feels like it is constantly affected by the ghost of what should have been there, so much so it directly impedes the enjoyment of what is there. Who could have expected this from a studio that seemed to be constantly improving themselves title after title from the release of their first game in 2007.
In my opinion from 2018 the only thing they did with CP2077 was cut cut cut.

yep true "groundbreaking next gen RPG"

Meredith was my favorite female character in the game, so I was disappointed that we didn't get more of her. In my eyes this was yet another missed opportunity to add to the ever growing list.
All in all it would seem that all of the best characters are the ones with less screen time. So I guess that I shouldn't really be surprised at this point.

She didn't die in my playthrough, instead I ended up getting a surprise romance scene with her. Which was funny as before the game got released I always said if I can't romance Jackie I'll be okay with Meredith, so I accidentally (I was expecting more missions with her) instead I ended up with a romance scene which was nice.

Then she disappeared never to be seen or heard from again. I didn't even get a goodbye, she just left me all on my own *Cries* WHERE IS THE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!?!?!?!

Also, even though leaving Sony platforms out may not be a good move for CDPR, as a Playstation console player myself I kind of wished just for this specific game that CDPR did ignore Sony. I would of loved to of saved myself the hassle of purchasing this mess of a product. I still find it funny how I come across comments of CDPR thinking that this game is done and there is nothing wrong with it, minus the bugs/glitches of course.

Oh well I have learnt my lesson on preordering, as my personal motto states 'You have to make the mistake in order to learn from it'
I romanced Meredith but wasn't overly enthusiastic about it. I just wanted to know her backstory. Specially the tattoo in her neck that said "Never Again" fascinated me.

Top Bottom