Panam Palmer Storyline/Sidequests DLC [Spoilers]

+
It doesn't have to be as big as Night City, but it wouldn't be the first time they made an expansion with a massive new area. Have you every played Blood and Wine? Aside from having over 20 hours of story content, it included the HUGE new area of Toussaint.
You're right, but I was always under the impression that the sequel of cyberpunk would be in Arizona and follows V's story there, also it would be difficult to do this dlc for the people that doesn't really see the panam ending as canon at least in regards to continuity.

It's definitely a possibility that whatever would be the cyberpunk sequel would follow a completely different protagonist though.

While i can see dlcs and expansions to extend interactions with various characters such as panam and their stories, I am not expecting arizona to be a dlc or expansion at all, they would have to make essentially another night city which would be a ludicrous amount of work. Maybe Cyberpunk 2080...
I mean blood and wine was a whole other region by itself so I think if their ambition lies there they will go for it

I hope it comes fast my guy. But they are probably gonna focus a lot on bugs and performance issues for the upcoming months. It is a handfull really. So it's gonna take a while for some new content. But let's hope it's worth the wait.
Well, there are different groups for that reason. Who thinks about DLCs, who bugs, codes etc. Shouldnt take so long actually. Few months i hope...

Well, there are different groups for that reason. Who thinks about DLCs, who bugs, codes etc. Shouldnt take so long actually. Few months i hope...
Well the Witcher 3 was released in May and Heart of Stone October and Blood and Wine a May of the next year. I'd give them a couple of extra months of buffer as they buff out all the launch problems. It'll still be a bit I'd expect. Hopefully the free DLC will tide us over, but I wouldn't expect too much from it - we can hope for cut content but I don't know if that'll actually happen in any large amounts when we look back at what the Witcher 3s free DLC gave us.

Well the Witcher 3 was released in May and Heart of Stone October and Blood and Wine a May of the next year. I'd give them a couple of extra months of buffer as they buff out all the launch problems. It'll still be a bit I'd expect. Hopefully the free DLC will tide us over, but I wouldn't expect too much from it - we can hope for cut content but I don't know if that'll actually happen in any large amounts when we look back at what the Witcher 3s free DLC gave us.

Agree with you, I think the first DLC is probably gonna be around July-August, considering the amount of work they need to put in in order to fix all the problems the game has.

Actually AZ map can be like Toussaint map in W3. Anyway devs have experience with adding new locations, I think it would be a good idea. It doesn’t need to be real AZ. The main part of this state is desert, so I don’t see great problems with it. I suppose that Tucson is not as big as NC, it really makes easier devs work.

Last edited:
Actually AZ map can be like Toussaint map in W3. Anyway devs have experience with adding new locations, I think it would be a good idea. It doesn’t need to be real AZ. The main part of this state is desert, so I don’t see great problems with it. I suppose that Tucson is not as big as NC, it really makes easier devs work.
Yep, it can be (and probably will be) smaller than NC, with the big part of it being desert.
Remember we are in badlands. I believe that if they make it, they will not do a so small map, could also be as big as NC or a bit smaller, but it will be for sure a map with more open and desert areas, with less details, with many camps around and probably with less side quests, so they can focus more on the main story.
Thats what we would like to see, i think you guys too.

It is a good idea indeed.
Now lets be honest. They want to make the game better, give longevity to the game and ofc make money.
How you think they can reach these goals?
Adding stuff that they know players wont like?
Or maybe adding something people is asking?

I mean, devs are not stupid at all, most of them are gamers too and everyone have passion for videogames.
We dont even need to tell them, they already know what a gamer expect and would love to see in the game.
They know the feelings we prove for the characters they made, because probably they feel the same too.
I think we will a day see everything we want and we love, added in the game.
Is just a matter of time, i want to trust devs

Agreed. Even though I will wait a year or more for all the updates and dlc to come out. I want everything to be there when I play it

But anyhow, yes some more dialogue and minor quests with your romance option would be very much appreciated,.
I hope that they don't take then a few month to delivery the DLC's
Post automatically merged:

While i can see dlcs and expansions to extend interactions with various characters such as panam and their stories, I am not expecting arizona to be a dlc or expansion at all, they would have to make essentially another night city which would be a ludicrous amount of work. Maybe Cyberpunk 2080...
I think that wouldn't be a big trouble because first, they probably already worked on that map so yeah, and secondly, there's an image that I guy posted here that shows a map from Arizona, ... Plus, if you try to leave NC it says thet you can't do that yet sooooo, I believe that they will release that map. Oh, and we cannot forget that it would be a little bit stupid you and Panam say that you wouldn't go back to NC and then go back to NC, but this is just my opinion :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I hope that they don't take then a few month to delivery the DLC's

Let's not rush this. I mean, do I want it all right now? Absolutely. I miss these characters, it feels like a death. They created magic. But the big priorities here is to fix the game up and get everyone happy so that the love of Panam can be spread to as many people as possible. And that takes restraint and patience, which is super hard. It's needs over wants at this point, even though I truly desperately want.

Yeah, since they probably already started working on that we'll probably get that soon, I hope

Yep, it can be (and probably will be) smaller than NC, with the big part of it being desert.
Remember we are in badlands. I believe that if they make it, they will not do a so small map, could also be as big as NC or a bit smaller, but it will be for sure a map with more open and desert areas, with less details, with many camps around and probably with less side quests, so they can focus more on the main story.
Thats what we would like to see, i think you guys too.

It is a good idea indeed.
Now lets be honest. They want to make the game better, give longevity to the game and ofc make money.
How you think they can reach these goals?
Adding stuff that they know players wont like?
Or maybe adding something people is asking?

I mean, devs are not stupid at all, most of them are gamers too and everyone have passion for videogames.
We dont even need to tell them, they already know what a gamer expect and would love to see in the game.
They know the feelings we prove for the characters they made, because probably they feel the same too.
I think we will a day see everything we want and we love, added in the game.
Is just a matter of time, i want to trust devs
I totally agree

Let's not rush this. I mean, do I want it all right now? Absolutely. I miss these characters, it feels like a death. They created magic. But the big priorities here is to fix the game up and get everyone happy so that the love of Panam can be spread to as many people as possible. And that takes restraint and patience, which is super hard. It's needs over wants at this point, even though I truly desperately want.
Yeah, I agree, I'm just saying this because yeah, I believe that the dev team it's a good team that will can handle with this problem fast and also, I believe that they already started working on that the DLC while the game was under development so the only thing that they probably will need to do right now it's to finish some details, change a few things (if they need it) and finally add a few things that they think that we will love since everyone loves Panam. Well, like I said, this is what I think, probably it's not right because I've never been inside the Game Industry but Idk, probablt I'm right, probably not, Idk :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Thats what I have meant yesterday, they should at least add all the romance stuff to the game with her first in the next months or so. Dates, dialogs, activities and the companion mode. Because if these factors are in the game, I will immediately start the game and make a new playthrough as nomad. With the thing in my mind, that after I am finished with her quests, I can do stuff with her and the companion mode. Hell yeah, if I have a Panam following me to pewpew all the bad guys on the map. I would already consider a 100% run even there is much more coming. And than they could take their time with the DLC, as long as they need to. I wouldn't even care because I can do stuff with her. Thats my big point.

First of all, i am really relieved to see so many fellow sufferers. In love with the immersive experience of a real connections that panam also created for me, i rushed through her missions, just to get her as a companion. Now i am sad as you all are, that she is a lifeless puppet (instead of a fallout-like-companion). Sitting at the nomad ripperdoc and playing gameboy.

I have a, at least I hope, not to unrealistic wishlist and it is not to generate a love or sex-simulator, but to build on the great atmosphere-bonus the game presents with all these so well written (romance-) npc’s. So I guess (and hope) something like the following list could be done with all of them.

As a companion (in our case panam) could:

1. got our keys:
  • and randomly show up at our apartment, sit on the couch and play her "gameboy" there or watch tv (animation allready in the game (as mentioned, see her at the nomad ripperdoc)
  • after a long day she is allready lying in our bed and is simply sleeping there (animation allready in the game at the motel scene)
  • i am sure my cat would love her too!
  • to keep it easy, panam don’t need to get a shower animation... but that would (of course) also be nice
2. be a partner in crime:
  • with all the dirty work for the NCPD i am kind of feel like Batman sometimes, protecting NC. It would be awesome if Panam would do the same as long as OUR adventure go in Night City (we don’t need to see, just to know that she is also "working" to make NC a better place or is helping her gang etc.)
  • a perfect gimmick would be if she she could randomly call us and ask for help with a crime (her »please help me« - lines are kind of also allready in the game and i don’t mind too much, hearing them repetitively because I allready hear always the same police-women offering me money to do the work for them. Of course, Panam asking for help should be NOT as often!!)
  • also cool would be, if V could also call her for help, if she is randomly near by. So sometimes she drives by and opens fire with us, sometimes she is just unavailable and we have to envision that she is busy also killing gangsters or bad nomads (her lines for fight sequences with her are enough as well for this sidekick-function)
  • also the idea (as i read here or on reddit), we could help her after a phone call, to get supplies for the aldecaldos. Therefore we even don’t need to see her. Just to do it would strengthens the immersion and the authenticity of the intended relationship. We could give the stuff to Mitch, Saul or simply drop it in some container in their camp - no money needed, just a call with a »thank you, V«
3. Bonus for beeing in a romance:
  • if my good friend Judy leaves me breakfast, why can’t Panam drop some in our Apartment? Or call us, that she is allready there but we should get some food on our way home?
  • in the meantime she could disassemble some stuff we left in a special container in our apartment. Therefore she visually just need to hang around in our storage room. Maybe curse sometimes with one of her lines...
  • we could and should sleep sometimes with her! And here i am easy to please :D! I know, some animation of course would be great but a "fade to black" would also be absolutely okay for me. Again, i don’t need a sex-simulator, i just want to hang around with these great and loveable character.
  • But: a sex-buff would be nice for the next ingame-day. Maybe 1% or 2% health bonus for the next 24h? Because a "well rested" V is a happy V!

Let's keep our hopes up and last but not least, thank CDPR for CP2077 and Panam in the first place... your game is allready pretty awesome!

Last edited:
Panam is a nomad and a leader of her people - I really don't think she should end up in our apartments like some sort of trophy. That's not who the character is. Do I want more interactions? I think I've been clear that yes, absolutely, but I want her to be neither a pet nor a prize.

First of all, i am really relieved to see so many fellow sufferers. In love with the immersive experience of a real connections that panam also created for me, i rushed through her missions, just to get her as a companion. Now i am sad as you all are, that she is (instead of a fallout-like-companion), at least for now, a lifeless puppet. Sitting at the nomad ripperdoc and playing gameboy.

I have a, at least I hope, not to unrealistic wishlist and it is not to generate a love or sex-simulator, but to build on the great atmosphere-bonus the game presents with all these so well written (romance-) npc’s. So I guess (and hope) something like the following list could be done with all of them.

As a companion (in our case panam) could:

1. got our keys:
  • and randomly show up at our apartment, sit on the couch and play her »gameboy« there or watch tv (animation allready in the game (as mentioned, see her at the nomad ripperdoc)
  • after a long day she is allready lying in our bed and is simply sleeping there (animation allready in the game at the motel scene)
  • i am sure my cat would love her too!
  • to keep it easy, panam don’t need to get a shower animation... but that would (of course) also be nice
2. be a partner in crime:
  • with all the dirty work for the NCPD i am kind of feel like Batman sometimes, protecting NC. It would be awesome if Panam would do the same as long as OUR adventure go in Night City (we don’t need to see, just to know that she is also »working« to make NC a better place or is helping her gang etc.)
  • a perfect gimmick would be if she she could randomly call us and ask for help with a crime (her »please help me« - lines are kind of also allready in the game and i don’t mind too much, hearing them repetitively because I allready hear always the same police-women offering me money to do the work for them)
  • also cool would be, if V could also call her for help, if she is randomly near by. So sometimes she drives by and opens fire with us, sometimes she is just unavailable and we have to envision that she is busy also killing gangsters or bad nomads (her lines for fight sequences with her are enough as well for this sidekick-function)
  • also the idea (as i read here or on reddit), we could help her after a phone call, to get supplies for the aldecaldos. Therefore we even don’t need to see her. Just to do it would strengthens the immersion and the authenticity of the intended relationship. We could give the stuff to Mitch, Saul or simply drop it in some container in their camp - no money needed, just a call with a »thank you, V«
3. Bonus for beeing in a romance:
  • if my good friend Judy leaves me breakfast, why can’t Panam drop some in our Apartment? Or call us, that she is allready there but we should get some food on our way home?
  • in the meantime she could disassemble some stuff we left in a special container in our apartment. Therefore she visually just need to hang around in our storage room. Maybe curse sometimes with on of her lines...
  • we could and should sleep sometimes with her! And here i am easy to please! I know, some animation of course would be great but a fade to black would also absolutely be okay for me. Again, i don’t need a sex-simulator, i just want to hang around with these great and loveable character.
  • But: a sex-buff would be nice for the next ingame-day. Maybe 1% or 2% health bonus for the next 24h? Because a »well rested« V is a happy V!

Let's keep our hopes up and last but not least, thank CDPR for CP2077 and Panam in the first place... your game is already pretty awesome!
Well said brother, well said.

Panam is a nomad and a leader of her people - I really don't think she should end up in our apartments like some sort of trophy. That's not who the character is. Do I want more interactions? I think I've been clear that yes, absolutely, but I want her to be neither a pet nor a prize.
Yes, you are right, but she is the main leader of the Aldecaldos after the final gig, everytime u complete it, the game resets u back again bevor the gig, so she wouldn't be the only leader because of Saul so. I get your point u don't want that she is following u 24/7 but if u don't feel like thats an option u can easily avoid by just send her away and thank her for her work. In that case u can play everything with her, or just the things u want to do with her.

And the thing with the apartment: I wouldnt even think about the apartment because i like the outside of NC much more :LOL:, but just get one tent with her at the aldecaldos camp would be awesome where u can sleep etc. That would be a big thing for me because rn i think the tent we have there is preety useless.

Last edited:
The main problem now is our romance partners become dead NPCs with 3-4 repeated replies after we finished all their side quests until the point of no return when we have a chance to ask them for help. Of course we have some romantic text messages, but it’s not enough to fill emptiness after so exciting side quests.
I think devs could add more text communication. This could be good decision especially for Panam as she has some troubles with her feelings expression face to face.

The main problem now is our romance partners become dead NPCs with 3-4 repeated replies after we finished all their side quests until the point of no return when we have a chance to ask them for help. Of course we have some romantic text messages, but it’s not enough to fill emptiness after so exciting side quests.
I think devs could add more text communication. This could be good decision especially for Panam as she has some troubles with her feelings expression face to face.

That's 100%, totally agree, that's when the illusion fades and my heart starts to ache. It don't really need Panam to be near me, I just want to feel like she's present in my world still. Text communications are a quick and dirty way to do that. She could comment on activities she hears about you doing in world or says she misses you (as you said, in text, she has a hard time expressing her feelings), stuff like that. Maybe V sends her a rollercoaster selfie and she reacts. I'd love actual phone calls as well, and maybe some interaction back at the Aldecadro camp - it's the worst to go back to camp and see her doing nothing but playing on her phone, never even leaving her seat. She needs more life.

Basically, putting it in universe, she's busy, but I wish she'd make some more time for V after her story ends.

That's 100%, totally agree, that's when the illusion fades and my heart starts to ache. It don't really need Panam to be near me, I just want to feel like she's present in my world still. Text communications are a quick and dirty way to do that. She could comment on activities she hears about you doing in world or says she misses you (as you said, in text, she has a hard time expressing her feelings), stuff like that. Maybe V sends her a rollercoaster selfie and she reacts. I'd love actual phone calls as well, and maybe some interaction back at the Aldecadro camp - it's the worst to go back to camp and see her doing nothing but playing on her phone, never even leaving her seat. She needs more life.

Basically, putting it in universe, she's busy, but I wish she'd make some more time for V after her story ends.
I hope they change this too. I honestly doubt it's intended to work this way, because on the other end if you're a male V and you finish Judy's questline, she tells you she has already left night city. She sends you pics from Seattle, from on the road and says she's at her grandparents and she's gonna travel across the USA. She says all of this, and at any point you can go to her apartment she is sitting right there staring out the window. Not only that, but you can ask her in person if she misses Night City, as if you were talking to her over the phone and she had already left NC.

All the romance options are like this, they're not actually reactive to the world or what they say/what's going on in it. I doubt CDPR did this intentionally and is likely just a symptom of a rushed release, so that's why I'm hopeful they can and will fix it and make them come to life a bit more.

I think the Chances are really high now that more content will come too her! or at least the Hopes are very High haha

I played the game as a Streetkid and will now start a second playthrough as Nomad! wish me luck boys and pray for me not to cry
Praying for you Choom

Phone interaction would be pretty basic, but would be really easy to implement quite rapidly (for every single romance option as well!). The thing about her being busy doesn't feel like it because when you finish her quests, she just sits there. I mean, we could imagine her being busy if for exemple you go to camp and she ain't there or she's repairing her truck, but instead she just feels dead. Taking her to clear some Wraiths would be pretty sweet and tbh, I would rather have her give me the NCPD encounters in the badlands that are against Wraiths rather than some dispatcher. It would make it much more immersive to have an Aldecaldo paying you to kill their enemies (they could make it so you just don't accept the money since they are short on money all game long).

I'd like for her to get around more in the world, and her dropping by V's apartment would be pretty cool, but I agree she shouldn't just sit there, maybe you could call her/text her to drop by or something like that. But all in all I just want the romance option to feel more alive when you're done playing their quest. And especially Panam since all the others have some unique interaction when you get into a relationship with them.

On an another note, I feel it is weird that Panam is the only romance option for a Male V, but she never really gets that status in game (the interaction between V and Panam when she is romanced are for more limited than any other romanced option). I feel this was done on purpose by the devs. Is it because she gets an ending and V leaves NC with his lover or maybe some additional content to push that relationship will be released so they didn't want to set it in stone right off the bat. I don't know, but I really find it weird when you compare all the extra content you get with the other romance options.

I hope they change this too. I honestly doubt it's intended to work this way, because on the other end if you're a male V and you finish Judy's questline, she tells you she has already left night city. She sends you pics from Seattle, from on the road and says she's at her grandparents and she's gonna travel across the USA. She says all of this, and at any point you can go to her apartment she is sitting right there staring out the window. Not only that, but you can ask her in person if she misses Night City, as if you were talking to her over the phone and she had already left NC.

Yeah, I also found this weird that Judy stays in NC, but like the rest of my message, when you actually romance her as a female V, she sticks around and you get very little extra content with her. The rushed release is probably the cause of why she sticks in her apartment regardless of how you handle her (romanced her or not).

I'd like for her to get around more in the world, and her dropping by V's apartment would be pretty cool, but I agree she shouldn't just sit there, maybe you could call her/text her to drop by or something like that. But all in all I just want the romance option to feel more alive when you're done playing there quest. And especially Panam since all the others have some unique interaction when you get into a relationship with them.

I really really like this idea - "Hey V, I'm in town, mind if I stop by?" and then you could do vice versa (maybe spend a night by the fire with her). And totally not just sit right outside the Aldecadro's camp spamming that like a crazy person. Yes, totally not. I wouldn't do that. Not me. But it would be super organic for her to drop by and you can have interactions at your apartment, but then she leaves as she's got stuff to do.

Top Bottom