Why are pistols so overpowered ?

+
The "very low" on the quest Marker DON'T reflect the real stats that the Enemy have you encounter in the quest.
The Enemy scales to the Players level.

The Quest markers have a simpel Skript saying: if Players level xy then show this.

Two different Things/Mechaniks.

Only good to estemate the minimum Level of the Quest. Not more.
As I said, the enemy have a minimum Level but no maximum Level...
That might be possible. Regardless of that UI thing, my characters still get way more powerful than all the enemies I face later in the game. They may do scale fully but if that's the case it's not enough on Very Hard.

That might be possible. Regardless of that UI thing, my characters still get way more powerful than all the enemies I face later in the game. They may do scale fully but if that's the case it's not enough on Very Hard.
The Game needs a Deathmarch setting. Or a simpel slider were you can scale the enemy heath Bar to your likeings. Want Enemy that can Face Tank 2000 Bullit. Do it :)

Everything is pretty much OP especially when you hit level 50. Playing on very hard and every weapon I use is either a 1 shot or 2 shot or a very quick melting burst even on minibosses. I kinda wish enemies scaled to me or that there was at least some option to have a closer parity between me and the enemies cos earlier in the game there was much more thinking about engagements now it's like some R6 Siege sledge gameplay smashing my way into a room Hello There style.

The Game needs a Deathmarch setting. Or a simpel slider were you can scale the enemy heath Bar to your likeings. Want Enemy that can Face Tank 2000 Bullit. Do it :)
Either that or the modding tools get in a good state soon so that we can tweak all those things to our personal preferences easily.

mbrto

Forum regular
pistols op pls dont nerf
i also love the snipers that 1 shot everything though any wall

Im wondering why pistols are so OP. Machine guns are supposed to be not just bigger but also normally do more dmg per bullet. But I guess for some balance reasons the bullet from any automatic weapon /of the same quality and level/ is in fact weaker than the one from a revolver and magazine pistol. Is it just balance ? But simple logic says the pistol or handgun as they call it must be weaker than all other ranged weapons ... Pistols have another hidden quality , well, it is not in fact hidden - the reload time is shorter. Now, the only reason I shoot with something that is not a pistol and not my unique rifle IS TO HAVE FUN AND VARIETY. If I play on hardest , I am sure I will choose pistols only +melee. What do you think ?

Pistols are OPed (compared to the SMGs, ARs, and the LMG) because it's gaming tradition. Same reason they've got suppressors nerfing performance (they don't). Same reason I have to shoot an enemy 15-20 times to kill them, but can sneak up behind them and break their neck like it was a skinny breadstick. How about that shot spread and power factor on the shotties?

Then for ****s 'n grins; throw in a 5 level color coded weapon and clothing systems.

Cartoonish comes to mind.

oh yea..........................right there with ya on such a play through----though I'm going to substitute a tanto for the melee.

They're not exactly overpowered. Their dps is comparable to any other weapon. What makes them powerful are the respective perks you unlock for each weapon type. The more perks you have for handguns the more they'll shine compared to other weapons you've no perks in.
I cannot agree with this.. My first build was Blunt, SHotgun, and LMG.. My revolvers were still, by far, more powerful than anything I had, or could craft. I always ended up vcarrying a revolver, because nothing compared.. Even at lvl 40, the LMG only does roughly 40ish damage per bullet.. I htink the problem is balancing around dps, instead of damage. It makes no sense that a pistol caliber, does more damage than a rifle. This always bugs me how LMG is portrayed in gaming.. Shotguns seems to be, thankfully, powerful at close range, which is a blessing. But smg, which is supposed to be pistol caliber, is weak, while lmg is even weaker.. Yet AR is weaker than pistol, unless its single shot rifle. Its all silly.

But yes, pistol, especially revolver, have damage over 200, when same level LMG has dmg in the 40s (again, specced into lmg but not into pistol). It takes many shots to drop a target, on hard, with lmg, but only a headshot or two, with pistol (revolver). automatic pistols are much weaker, and more in line. Which further pushes you into a revolver. Especially when enemies can drop you in a few hits, in spite of having 700+hp, and hundreds, if not thousands of armor.

Edit: and I always have a silencer on my pistol, further reducing base damage by 15%
Post automatically merged:

What weapon is weak that you think pistols are too strong?
Smg, LMG, Monowire, automatic pistols, and fully automatic assault rifles ... Revolvers, sniper rifles, and single shot rifles reign supreme, by and far! (burst fire assault rifle is slightly better than its fully auto counterparts)

with the perk unlocked you got 30% damage on unaware opponent with pistol, that makes it more powerful plus +(X) critical damage. so pistol revolver is a monster.

Guest 4531988

I think revolvers should have better damage per bullet.

With that said: Pistols have smaller magazine machine guns, so that could be a balancing factor. Also the game apparently has damage dropoff.( weapons lose damage when hitting targets too far away)

That's another balancing point since pistols have low range. With that said... the pistols seem to be overtuned for sure, but i don't think it's an issue with pistols, just that items are too flat and close to each other.

Pistols have a perk that eliminates drop off, and increases damage past a short range. Making them superior, not to mention HS multiplier being double that of any other gun (on the higher end of both 4x vs 2x)

There is also a burya revolver in later game that will give you 100% crit chance, when only other weapons that can come close to this was katana, especially Satori.

At 50 I had not many points into reflex and pistols, only had tha quick reload.
But this revolver had 100% crit 4x headshot damage and 350% crit damage and on´the stat page 2014 dps.
I looked at all other weapons and nothing was close.

So I went to beach changed to very hard and tried it out.
8-12k headshots basically one hit kill on everybody and that was without perks.

This gun also helped me get the achivement for revolvers while testing it out :D

Guest 4531988

There is also a burya revolver in later game that will give you 100% crit chance, when only other weapons that can come close to this was katana, especially Satori.

At 50 I had not many points into reflex and pistols, only had tha quick reload.
But this revolver had 100% crit 4x headshot damage and 350% crit damage and on´the stat page 2014 dps.
I looked at all other weapons and nothing was close.

So I went to beach changed to very hard and tried it out.
8-12k headshots basically one hit kill on everybody and that was without perks.

This gun also helped me get the achivement for revolvers while testing it out :D

Spiffing Brit has HS Crits with over 250,000 So yeah it isn't needed, and scales retardedly.

Something that is Bananas, is the 9 round Precisions rifle that isn't Bolt Action (SOR-22) has drop-off just slightly past the Pistol drop off range for the Pistol Tamayura
Post automatically merged:

Pistols are OPed (compared to the SMGs, ARs, and the LMG) because it's gaming tradition. Same reason they've got suppressors nerfing performance (they don't). Same reason I have to shoot an enemy 15-20 times to kill them, but can sneak up behind them and break their neck like it was a skinny breadstick. How about that shot spread and power factor on the shotties?

Then for ****s 'n grins; throw in a 5 level color coded weapon and clothing systems.

Cartoonish comes to mind.

oh yea..........................right there with ya on such a play through----though I'm going to substitute a tanto for the melee.

It's rather stupid honestly.

Pistols best advantage is concealability and size. Short Barrels are harder for most to aim at an distance (So Spread should be terrible especially at range). Less likely to be seen as a threat by Enemy or Police.

I've only seen one game where you get harassed for looking out of place, or carrying/not carrying proper items. Stealth in gaming needed an overhaul for some time.

Item Tetris, is possible to simulate size differences also.

Eh enough about what they could of done.

Pistol perks to support the Run and Gun, Long Range, and Stealth.
Rifles are pretty much Long Range Stuck behind Cover only
Shotguns are Run and Gun only
LMG are laughable, There isn't even an Iconic LMG in the game.
HMG are even more laughable.

Last edited by a moderator:
DOn't think we know why.. it's definitely a balancing issue. If one looks back on launch day and onward, you will see clearly how several of us (me included) make it rather obvious that nothing beats a pistol headsohtting here. In fact you prolly can go thorugh game almost on the hite overture alone plus a silencer and pax should you fele less massacry. It ruined the game for me in a way because nothing is quite the same. you just pop pop heads like john wick x4, which is actually pretty sad. The game is epic though, and when the modding community coming in it will have a lot of cool stuff no doubt, but as most things, we will tend ot move on. Testing out stuff or variations is for sure fun but most of the stuff is obviously just gonna make stuff so OP anyway,. but pistols, ye totally broken. no matter what i use nothing comes close. except for the odd sniper for long range. Pretty sure Wild west will turn the pistols into snipers too and then that's out the window as well ,p

I just masssacre every yellow icon except cops and am sure there has never been a worse serial killer in history rofl. <POP>.. <POP>

When I htink of it, I am guessing destiny 2's different weapons , actually could pay off here , like shotguns vs snipers being clearly a thing. Pistols should be tuned down . White overture carries ya till you can craft infinite. just. why :(*

everything is overpowered if you spec into it
that means everything is viable, even if you mix and match instead of minmaxing
and i love it

I only wish the perk that changes your pistol range into sniper riffle range was not as powerful. By powerful I mean the effective range. I can agree with increasing the range but not to the point that riffle would then never have been invented. :)

And am I misremembering, I could swear I heard that gun skill would effect things such gun jams. Is that my imagination or was that in the promotional material at one time? I was excited about this (and similar methods) being the new kind of way to replicate gun skill rather that the cliché, ANCINET and unsatisfying method of "damage increasing".

Eh most shooters have OP pistols to compensate for their small clips. If video game pistols performed realistically, no one would use them.

Top Bottom