Using the REDKit to modify controller

+
Using the REDKit to modify controller

I'm interested in making a mod to improve gamepad controls on the game, but before I dwell into it, I was wondering, since I've seen a lot of mods based around new adventures and quests, as to whether the kit itself would allow such modifications, My interest is on eliminating the radial menu by turning the trigger into a kind of shift key, that allows the face buttons to work as hotkey for signs quickcasting and such.

Would this be within the scope of the official tools?

thanks.

Lasiurus said:
My interest is on eliminating the radial menu by turning the trigger into a kind of shift key,
Not clear what 'eliminating' means. Want to create a new hud?
that allows the face buttons to work as hotkey for signs quickcasting and such.
Or just want to remap controls? -> Input_QWERTY.ini, search for IK_Pad_ Maybe a change in script guiMainMenu.ws for example will be required, too.

what i meant by "eliminating" is to make it so you never have to use teh radial menu in the game. I wouldn't add new hud elements, simply eliminate the need for the radial menu by taking all the selectable elements of the menu itself and making them hotkey-able throught gamepad button combinations, for example:

say you want to cast aard, instead of opening the radial menu, selecting it and then casting it, what you would do instead, is left trigger + B. and that would autocast aard, and so on with all the signs.

I did thought of ini changes to remmap controls but as far as im aware you can exchange functions but you cannot create different functions for a single button.

I want X on the gamepad to still be the regular attack button, BUT, if pressed while holding the left trigger, it casts ignii, for example. I believe that's not doable by simple ini changes, my question is, wheter it'd be possible with the editor

Lasiurus said:
my question is, wheter it'd be possible with the editor
I don't think so. It might be possible changing a *.ws script using scriptStudio. But afaik there's no info concerning the "extension" of keys. You'll have to browse through the existing scripts.

(I tried to introduce a new hotkey such as IK_V=(GameKey="GI_Vip",Value=1) but in a first attempt I failed to connect a script to it.)

edit: this is my solution:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/534-Connecting-a-script-to-a-hotkey

mmm, i see, thanks shak, I guess I'll run the tools and fiddle with them to see if i can find a way to make it work. It'd be a pitty with such powerfull tools not to be able to domething that simple, hahaha, so i'll see what i can dig out of it.

This seems to be interesting (guifastmenu.ws):
Code:
	event OnGameInputEvent( key : name, value : float )
	{
		var AS_selection	: int;
		var selId, selType : float;
		if ( key == 'GI_Block' && value < 0.5f )
		{
			thePlayer.SetGuardBlock(false, true);
		}
		if ( key == 'GI_FastMenu' && value == 0.0f )
		{
			// If we navigate to the sign, sword or item and release trigger
			// then we treat it as A button press - choose that sign, etc.
			if ( theGame.IsUsingPad() )
			{
				theHud.InvokeOneArg ( "setFastMenuClick", FlashValueFromBoolean( true ), theHud.m_hud.AS_hud );
				theHud.InvokeMethod_rO( "getFastMenuSelection", AS_selection, theHud.m_hud.AS_hud );
				theHud.GetFloat( "ID",		selId,		AS_selection );
				theHud.GetFloat( "Kind",	selType,	AS_selection );
				theHud.ForgetObject( AS_selection );
				if ( selType != 0 ) // meditation
				{
					ProcessSelection( (int)selId, (int)selType );
				}
			}

ClosePanel();
			return true;
		}

// Block input, so for example player will not draw sword by using cross buttons on pad
		return true;
	}
This is the connection to the left ctrl key (input_xxx.ini):
IK_LControl=(Gamekey=GI_FastMenu,Value=1.000000)

That IS actually interesting! It's possible then to at the very least temporarilt cancel a command in order to perhps assign another. Sadly, the reason I was interested in trying out the editor is because I have next to no knowledge on modding, and figured and editor allow me to fiddle throught the controls despite my lack of programing. This info within guifastmenu.ws is unfortunately, a little beyond my capabilities to use them.

Top Bottom